A New Scifi TV Series

kevin2010

Cadet
Hi,

I just signed up, but I wanted to share this with you all, I was talking to a friend and he was telling me about this TV series concept project that a bunch of TV industry guys in Australia are doing.

So I went and checked it out, at www.barrier.tv and wow they have a bunch of artwork, and made a short movie based on their pilot episode that they want to get made... the movie isn't out yet but it looks cool, the trailer kicks *** for a low budget production.

It stars Bruce Hopkins from Lord of the Rings, and Claudia Christian from the old B5 TV series, and she still looks great.

I think it still needs work, but I guess that just comes with money and studio development, for a bunch of guys working in their spare time I think think it looks too bad.

They say they may have a chance to get it made properly, but they need hits to get their ratings up, and that to support all you need to do is watch the trailer and eventually the short movie once a week or every day or so and the studio they are talking to may be interested.

Anyway just thought I would share.

I think the point is more that there's a trailer for a short?? Pilots can be feature length or mini series so trailers are valid... still it's nice to see some of it before they have finished it, and IMHO allot less camp and more serious looking than speedracer.

Just thought I'd post this for ease of viewing. :smiley:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]

{After viewing the video clip.....}

I can't help but wonder if perhaps the creators were a bit over inspired by the Podracers in Star Wars: Episode I?

True, observation... hmmm??? scifi racing spaceships... got to be pod racing right? how about NASCAR? they pod racing? or do you need to race in a spaceship for it to be pod racing? I mean what makes something a pod race? Oh weren't the pod racers (best scene in the entire prequel series BTW) but weren't the pod racers just hyped up speeders with huge engines? I mean if they aren't zipping through the hilly deserts of an alien world using the force to guide them, is it really a pod race man? as for teh creators, I think it says somewhere in their blog that they are influenced by the original starwars like everyone else in the known cosmos. LOL I just hope they dont have a Luke, Han, Lando, or Anakin character in there or I am outta here!

I'd probably still watch it though. tee hee

Just thought I'd post this for ease of viewing. :smiley:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]

It looks a bit pants

Back