A New Start

My first entry for the Shorty Challenge. ^_^

Word count: 499

A new start

Warm rays of sunlight fell through the half closed curtains, waking her from her sleep. Lazily, she opened her eyes and blinked a few times. After a few moments, she curiously looked around the room, taking in her surroundings without moving a bit.

Yesterday, she didn’t have the chance to really see her room. They had been busy with other things and it had been dark anyway. But now in the light and with her still sleeping, she could satisfy her curiosity. Her room was painted in warm colors and it was clean and neat, everything seemed to have its place.

Izzie’s arm was placed around her and she was snuggled tightly against her. She smiled and gently run her fingers over Izzie’s hand, caressing it lightly. Lying here with her felt weird, unknown, but nice and for the first time in months or even longer, she felt happy, although she had no idea where this was leading to. When she felt her stir behind her and pull away, she turned around to look at her.

“Hey,” Addison said softly and tucked a stray of Izzie’s hair behind her ear, grazing her cheek lightly.

“Hi,” Izzie replied, her voice still hoarse from sleep.

They stared at each other, an awkward silence hanging between them. The morning after. When everything was hanging in the air and neither knew what to say or how to react. Did it mean something or was it one night?

Izzie cleared her throat lightly and spoke, breaking the silence, “So,” She began and then paused, not knowing what to say next.

“So?” Addison smiled at her warmly, sensing what Izzie wanted to say. But she didn’t want to talk first; she wanted to wait what Izzie had to say.

“Do you regret it?” Izzie asked quietly and the look on her face, the fear that she might say yes, made Addison smile and her heart beat faster. It meant that maybe there was the possibility of something.

“No,” Addison shook her head lightly and leaned over to place a soft kiss on Izzie’s lips.

When she pulled away, she saw Izzie smiling brightly. “Good,” Izzie replied and moved closer to Addison, laid her head on Addison’s shoulder and intertwined their fingers. “Neither do I.”

“Good,” Addison sighed happily, slowly tracing circles with her other hand on Izzie’s stomach.

“So,” Izzie began again and sat up slightly to look at her, grinning, “You wanna go out for a drink tonight?”

“I’d love to.” Addison replied and pulled Izzie closer until their faces were almost touching, “And there’s something else I’d love to do after that drink.” She added smirking.

“Really?” Izzie raised an eyebrow, giving her a sly smile, “I can’t imagine what that could be.”

“You’ll see.” Addison retorted laughing and kissed her quickly, pulling away just as Izzie was about to respond to it, grinning.

“I’ll see.” Izzie giggled softly, leaning forward to kiss Addison for the first time this morning.

my word was contentment ^_^

Awwwwww....That was so cute Mary...:smiley:

I loved it.

PS: I'm still working on that little wp for you ...But for the life of me I can't remember if you wanted something dark or not...The one I did is pretty light and I think a little weird...Well I'll show it to you and you'll tell me if you want a darjer one.

They stared at each other, an awkward silence hanging between them. The morning after. When everything was hanging in the air and neither knew what to say or how to react. Did it mean something or was it one night?

Izzie cleared her throat lightly and spoke, breaking the silence, “So,” She began and then paused, not knowing what to say next.

“So?” Addison smiled at her warmly, sensing what Izzie wanted to say. But she didn’t want to talk first; she wanted to wait what Izzie had to say.

“Do you regret it?” Izzie asked quietly and the look on her face, the fear that she might say yes, made Addison smile and her heart beat faster. It meant that maybe there was the possibility of something.

“No,” Addison shook her head lightly and leaned over to place a soft kiss on Izzie’s lips.

When she pulled away, she saw Izzie smiling brightly. “Good,” Izzie replied and moved closer to Addison, laid her head on Addison’s shoulder and intertwined their fingers. “Neither do I.”

“Good,” Addison sighed happily, slowly tracing circles with her other hand on Izzie’s stomach.

Ooh im suddenly sorry i didnt read this sooner. . . :jump:
it was really great Mary!
Its so cool how you could convey such emotion in just one page.

Loved it. :hug:

Zoe

Back