Season 4 A Nice Spy-Family Dinner

DSR<O>

Cadet
The plot development in this episode was fascinating, but I thought one of the highlights was the birthday dinner. It was just rich with quirky dynamics. Outwardly calm, yet so totally dysfunctional. Jack makes light conversation by predicting increased world conflict over an energy crisis. Sloane gives Weiss the cold stare in response to being addressed by first name. Loved how Nadia gave that speech about getting to know family better, a speech that could have been interpreted in many ways, depending on who was listening. And what's a nice get-together between a family of spies, without some phone tapping for dessert? Can't even enjoy dinner without plotting and scheming. :lol:

DSR<O>

lol I know....and after Jack's little side tangent about oil and energy, how everyone just stared at eachother....hilarious.

Jen and Mia has excellent acting durin Mia's speech. Just awesome.

The dynamics in the show are great! And I was so on the edge of my seat when Syd was checking the phone....the writing was excellent with the way they did that. I did not see it coming that Nadia would be the one to catch her. In days of old her Dad totally would have been in on it b/c she would have told him her suspicions. I kind of miss that, but they are getting back to their relationship some. And adding so many others....Weiss and Sloane are hilarious! :D Nadia and Syd tonight were awesome!

Funniest thing ever! They are soooo setting up some incredible tension between Sydney and Nadia. What happens next time Dixon comes to Syd and suggest Sloane is betraying this country? She's really gonna be conflicted and Nadia might not be so forgiving in the future.

Not to mention Jack and Sloane. I love that they are working together, I just hope that Jack does not turn out to be evil :thinking:

Not to mention Jack and Sloane. I love that they are working together, I just hope that Jack does not turn out to be evil unsure.gif

No way! They cannot make Jack evil....a bit compromising yes....outright evil.....NO! There would be a fan revolt. He was hilarious tonight...when does Jack ever mind akward silences. Kind of nice of him to come to poor Weiss' aid! :smiley:

Yes, finally some old-time ALIAS tension!!! Did anyone get reminded of the time Syd was having dinner at Sloane's with Will & Jack and she broke into Sloane's safe to recover the missing Rambaldi manuscript page? It was Sloane standing at the doorway that time. I thought it was going to be him again. LOVE IT!!!!!!

No way will Jack be evil. He is trying to protect Sydney. I don't know exactly how, but he is looking out for his daugther, I think.

Jack was hilarious at the dinner. I loved everyone's expression when he was talking about oil and global crisis, haha. He almost sounded nerdy, haha. It was great.

lovinsark said:
Yes, finally some old-time ALIAS tension!!!  Did anyone get reminded of the time Syd was having dinner at Sloane's with Will & Jack and she broke into Sloane's safe to recover the missing Rambaldi manuscript page?  It was Sloane standing at the doorway that time.  I thought it was going to be him again. LOVE IT!!!!!!
[post="1251715"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah! They were totally playing to our Alias-obsessed minds. I luved it. We all thought it would be Sloane standing in the doorway again... and not just because he was the one to get up! Right? We were all having flashbacks to the Page 47 (I think?) episode with the tension filled dinner at Sloane's. Anyway, nice twist having Nadia standing there. They got us big time!

The whole "give me a call while we're having dinner and I'll pretend you're Francie/Vaughn so i can go to sloane's office" is Jack's M.O. How could Jack let Syd steal that plan and not smell something was up? :P I was waiting for Weiss to say "hey, let me talk to my buddy Vaughn. I wanna say hi" :D

I like how the table was arranged with Sloane at the head, Nadia and her date on one side, and Syd and her *date* (Jack :lol:smiley: on the other. And the way everyone came to a screeching halt with his energy speech. (BTW, Syd drives a hybrid?)

But the scene was priceless. Not only because of the Page 47 callback, but just for a chance to see all of them interacting outside the office, and actually thinking of themselves as a "family" (albeit a twisted, screwed-up one.)

yeah i agree this scene was so awesome!! it so did remind me of the page 47 epi when will was thre - cos weiss seemed so out of place somehow jut as will did!! :lol: and the guily when nadia found sydney - it was unbearable - and nadias speech!! great stuff.

but yeah the funny stuff- jacks petrol speech :lol: awesome !!!!!!!!! as you guys said - the dysfuncion at a supposid normal dinner is just hilarious!!

tippinlover said:
Not to mention Jack and Sloane.  I love that they are working together, I just hope that Jack does not turn out to be evil :thinking:
[post="1251681"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Whatever 'pact' those two have, you can bet they're not in it because of some concern for the other's well-being. They each expect to get something out of this. What, exactly, remains to be seen.

Jack knows, more than anyone, what Sloane is. He'll use Sloane to get what he wants, but I really can't see Jack being evil. This has got to be about Rambaldi. He'll use Sloane to get what he needs, but ultimately he'll use it to protect Syd.

i agree - if this is all about rambaldi jack main concern is protect sydney as she is so caught up being the chosen one :smiley:

i love that he seems evil though working with slaone :smiley:

Yeah, I immediately thought of episode Page 47 and I knew Syd was going to get caught. I just didn't expect that it would be Nadia who caught her.

Jack was hilarious! Of course, I think he was trying to break the tension that Weiss had caused by calling Sloane "Arvin". I had to hide my face when he did that. I couldn't believe it! I was shocked that Weiss acted so casual around Sloane. I don't think Sloane is a "Wadia" fan either. Did you notice how he acted with Weiss when they were discussing his plan? And the look on his face when Weiss said that he'd talked about it with Nadia last night? Ha! It was classic. It kinda reminds me of early Vack - only Weiss isn't as secure (don't know if that's the right word) as early Vaughn. Loved it.

That really was a great scene. Yea!

MissingSark said:
It kinda reminds me of early Vack - only Weiss isn't as secure (don't know if that's the right word) as early Vaughn.  Loved it.

That really was a great scene.  Yea!
[post="1252006"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Right on. And, I don't think Wadia is as intense or serious as Syd/Vaughn. (Vack ... that word cracks me up)

Back