A non-HJ post.. Favorite band/genre

F

frostydf2

Its about time we started a thread that doesn't deal with Hero's Journey. Everyone likes music, but with different tastes. So tell me, whats your favorite band, song, genre?

I'll go first.

I love Sublime
I love 'frack Authority' by Pennywise,
and I love Rock/Punk

What about you?

I like all sorts of techno and house. I also enjoy German bands such as:
Rammstein
Tanzwut
Megaherz

Along with that most 80's songs are good.

My two favorite bands are System of a Down and Nine Inch Nails.

I like many other bands too like Sublime, Rammstein, Incubus, and Pennywise.

And I like Techno and some Video Game music.

I mostly like Rock, Industrial, Alternative, Techno, some Punk/Rock, and some mixtures of the genres.

it depends what kind of mood i am in, i listen to oldies like bowie and billy joel. then i go to my favorite 90's grunge such as nirvana. some music now a days is ok but not a big fan of all this new stuff.

band- nirvana
song- jane says, by janes addiction
genre- rock/grunge

Well its good we have some rock fans in here... and we all know Chaotic better like Pennywise since I've shoved it in his face ever since Shadow told me about them!

ICP huh? I've never really listened to them at all.

yeah I've been listening to ICP since I was 14, so 7 years now.

The Tempest should be coming out soon. I think.

I don't really keep up on it too much.

Ya I listen to ICP, I'm pretty hardcore...

200px-Clown_chili_peppers.jpg

Lol, J/k. :P

GRRRAWRRRRRRRRR!

insane.jpg

I like tons of different kinds of music. if its got a good beat i'll listen to it. i mostly like alot of rock/pop alternative. but like i said i will listen to almost anything. country/rap/rock/pop/alternative/grunge/ i love it all.

band- Nickelback
song... hrmm very hard one cause i dont have a favorite but alot that i like.

That clown picture was just rediculous. I thought you were serious for a second..

I don't really know why I listen to them.. my boyfriend absolutely hates it, my mom does too..

Honestly I don't think I've listened to them in about a month or two.. last thing I listened to by choice was Coheed and Cambria, and that was only for an hour or so last month..

I'm kinda sick of music..

I like a lot of different music. Stevie Ray Vaughan happens to be the man depicted in my signature. I also listen to other famous guitarwork-people like Clapton, Hendrix, etc.

Theres alotta other stuff too, though. I try to listen to a wide variety of music. Some newer rock such as Chevelle or System of a Down, and some older like Cream and Blue Oyster Cult. Pink Floyd has been a personal favorite of mine for a while now.

In order to better cover ground, I think I'll do this:
Favorite Singers: Freddie Mercury (Queen), Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave)
Favorite Guitarists: Stevie Ray Vaughan (Double Trouble), Eric Clapton (Cream, Eric Clapton), Hendrix (Band of Gypsies, Jimi Hendrix Experience)
Favorite Bassist: Steve Harris (Iron Maiden), Les Claypool (Primus)
Not gonna bother with favorite drummer, because .. well, I don't pay much attention to drums.

Greatly dislike most of the bands today. All that "hardcore" and "emo" felgercarb. I like a few of the new metal bands, like Mudvayne, for example, but most of it is total felgercarb. Apparantly guitar solos have been replaced by "breakdowns" which is basically just strumming two notes over and over again with no other music taking place, unless someone is pounding on one drum in the background. Yeah, and Coheed and Cambria annoys me to no end. Same with ICP. Sorry. <_<

I don't care if you like them or not :P

It's my opinion, not yours, and you're entitled to like what you want.

Although I concur almost all new music does suck..

and I'm not sure why I like Coheed and Cambria.. I think most of it is the story to the music.. not the music itself.. although there are some songs I really like.. Everything Evil happens to be a really good one..

ICP.. well.. there's a lot of love in their music, and they're still original after over ten years.. Besides some of my favorite songs make me giggle like mad. Jacob's Word is probably my absolute favorite, while Mr. Happy comes in pretty close.. Rainbows 'n Stuff is up there too.

Originally posted by deathmetal@Mar 6 2006, 08:11 AM
Some of my favorite bands right now are:

Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Crowbar
Obituary

I like metal.
I can't say I've ever heared of any of those bands. Hmmm maybe you'll have to post a link to there website so I can check them out! :smiley:

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Mar 5 2006, 11:06 PM
That clown picture was just rediculous. I thought you were serious for a second..
:lol: When I was looking in google pictures for a clown, I found that one. I don't know why, but I think it resembles me if I where to dress up as a clown.

Mainly into Punk/Rock, but recently got into the Singer/Songwriter genre.

A few of the bands on my playlist,

Bad Religion
MxPx
Sublime
Green Day
Postal Service
Eels
Thrice

Originally posted by HJ-Cirakin@Mar 6 2006, 06:40 PM
Mainly into Punk/Rock, but recently got into the Singer/Songwriter genre.

A few of the bands on my playlist,

Bad Religion
MxPx
Sublime
Green Day
Postal Service
Eels
Thrice
I think I liked everything on there, but Green Day. THey sold out early on in their careers to a huge label company. I'd do the same thing that they did for more money, but since that'll never happen I'll be happy to say what big of sell-outs they are! :smiley:

Originally posted by frostydf2+Mar 6 2006, 08:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frostydf2 @ Mar 6 2006, 08:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-deathmetal@Mar 6 2006, 08:11 AM

Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Crowbar
Obituary

I like metal.
I can't say I've ever heared of any of those bands. Hmmm maybe you'll have to post a link to there website so I can check them out! :smiley: [/b][/quote]
Sure no problem.

The bands Mercyful Fate and King Diamond were both started by the same guy who calls himself King Diamond. They have been around since 1980. The main difference between the two bands, is that the with band King Diamond, he tells a different horror story with each album. Pretty cool if you have time to sit down and listen to the whole cd. King Diamond has a unique vocal style that you will either like or hate. Their website is at http://www.covenworldwide.org/.

Crowbar is all about heavy as hell music. They formed in 1989 and are considered Sludge Metal, their songs are usually slow or mid tempo and riff heavy, kinda like Black Sabbath. They tune their guitars down to give the music an extra sence of heavyness. Their website is http://crowbarmusic.com/

Obituary is a death metal band, not sure if you are into that genre. They started out as Xecutioner in 1984. They don't have gory lyrics like most death metal bands. Website is Obituary.cc | The Official Website of Obituary

I'll add one more band I forgot to mention. They are called Death, and are another death metal band which formed in 1983. The guitarist/vocalist was Chuck Shuldiner who died from brain cancer December 13th, 2001. I really liked his playing style, his solos always seemed to go somewhere, they had extremely fast parts but still had alot of feeling to them. There is a site up dedicated to chuck at Empty Words - News

Edit: I figured i'd link to some pages with samples of the songs, and amazon.com is pretty good for this. They have short samples of some or all of the songs on an album. To check out other albums just click on the bands name near the top of the page, under the album name.

King Diamond
Mercyful Fate
Crowbar
Obituary
Death

Originally posted by deathmetal+Mar 7 2006, 04:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (deathmetal @ Mar 7 2006, 04:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by frostydf2@Mar 6 2006, 08:00 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-deathmetal
@Mar 6 2006, 08:11 AM

Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Crowbar
Obituary

I like metal.

I can't say I've ever heared of any of those bands. Hmmm maybe you'll have to post a link to there website so I can check them out! :smiley:
Sure no problem.

The bands Mercyful Fate and King Diamond were both started by the same guy who calls himself King Diamond. They have been around since 1980. The main difference between the two bands, is that the with band King Diamond, he tells a different horror story with each album. Pretty cool if you have time to sit down and listen to the whole cd. King Diamond has a unique vocal style that you will either like or hate. Their website is at http://www.covenworldwide.org/.

Crowbar is all about heavy as hell music. They formed in 1989 and are considered Sludge Metal, their songs are usually slow or mid tempo and riff heavy, kinda like Black Sabbath. They tune their guitars down to give the music an extra sence of heavyness. Their website is Crowbar Music | True force in aggressive underground music

Obituary is a death metal band, not sure if you are into that genre. They started out as Xecutioner in 1984. They don't have gory lyrics like most death metal bands. Website is Obituary.cc | The Official Website of Obituary

I'll add one more band I forgot to mention. They are called Death, and are another death metal band which formed in 1983. The guitarist/vocalist was Chuck Shuldiner who died from brain cancer December 13th, 2001. I really liked his playing style, his solos always seemed to go somewhere, they had extremely fast parts but still had alot of feeling to them. There is a site up dedicated to chuck at Empty Words - News

Edit: I figured i'd link to some pages with samples of the songs, and amazon.com is pretty good for this. They have short samples of some or all of the songs on an album. To check out other albums just click on the bands name near the top of the page, under the album name.

King Diamond
Mercyful Fate
Crowbar
Obituary
Death [/b][/quote]
Thanks for the links! I'll definatly have to download a few of those songs, and see if I like them. Ever heared of Anberlin, or Thousand Foot Krutch?

Back