A non-HJ post.. Favorite band/genre

Originally posted by frostydf2@Mar 7 2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the links! I'll definatly have to download a few of those songs, and see if I like them. Ever heared of Anberlin, or Thousand Foot Krutch?
No, I haven't. What kind of music do they play?

The music in the Anberlin song is pretty good, but I don't really like their singers voice. But I admit I am into the heavier stuff which generally has deeper growling vocals.

Thousand Foot Krutch, they sound alot like the new bands you hear on rock stations, which I don't really like. Not trying to put down the music you like though, these are just my personal opinions.

Originally posted by deathmetal@Mar 8 2006, 02:56 AM
The music in the Anberlin song is pretty good, but I don't really like their singers voice. But I admit I am into the heavier stuff which generally has deeper growling vocals.

Thousand Foot Krutch, they sound alot like the new bands you hear on rock stations, which I don't really like. Not trying to put down the music you like though, these are just my personal opinions.
Haha not even a problem, everyone has there own tastes. To each their own people say. I'm kinda different though, I can listen to almost anything, and enjoy it.

Rap when I feel like impressing people with my system, rock when I want people to be scared, and punk when I hate politics. Kind of a wide variety in my opinion.

I have a huge variety of music styles...

:confused:
------------------
The Avalanches
Atom Tha Immortal
CKY
Korn
Children of Bodom
In Flames
Disturbed
Soilwork
Vehemence
Arch Enemy
Metallica
Slayer
Slipknot

I could go on forever... <_<

Hm-

Bands: 12 Stones, Breaking Benjamin and Apartment 26 (all amazing bands ;p)
Song: Crossfade - Colors <- [amazing song ;D]
Genre: Rock ;D

Oh I also like bouncy songs XD like Da Rude - Sandstorm and Rock Lobster :D

Originally posted by frostydf2@Mar 8 2006, 05:18 AM
Rap when I feel like impressing people with my system, rock when I want people to be scared, and punk when I hate politics. Kind of a wide variety in my opinion.
haha :P whenever i walk by people i always blast my ipod to scare people ;p its a thing

Originally posted by x0xlilkrissyx0x+Mar 13 2006, 12:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (x0xlilkrissyx0x @ Mar 13 2006, 12:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-frostydf2@Mar 8 2006, 05:18 AM
haha :P whenever i walk by people i always blast my ipod to scare people ;p its a thing [/b][/quote]
ICP accomplishes all of that in one..

So I don't really need variety.

And I wish I had an ipod, I think I'm gonna buy my boyfriend one if I can ever afford it.
My mom has one, but all she listens to is Randi Rhodes.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana+Mar 13 2006, 01:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HJ-Diviana @ Mar 13 2006, 01:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by x0xlilkrissyx0x@Mar 13 2006, 12:36 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-frostydf2
@Mar 8 2006, 05:18 AM
Rap when I feel like impressing people with my system, rock when I want people to be scared, and punk when I hate politics.  Kind of a wide variety in my opinion.

haha :P whenever i walk by people i always blast my ipod to scare people ;p its a thing

And I wish I had an ipod, I think I'm gonna buy my boyfriend one if I can ever afford it.
My mom has one, but all she listens to is Randi Rhodes. [/b][/quote]
Ugh I don't like ICP ;p. I use to- funny lyrics they have in some songs.

And sucks about the ipod. Mine was bought for me ;D. Not the iPod video though- just the iPod Photo (cheaper too) Who needs video when your walking down the street? lol. Not me- I would never use the iPod video. It's pretty pointless. If I'm at home I'll watch it at home- If I'm out with friends- I won't be listening to music nor watching videos on my ipod. If I'm at school-nope. The only situation is if I'm at a friends house and we want to watch cartoons on my ipod or something. Other than that- it's pointless really.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana+Mar 13 2006, 01:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HJ-Diviana @ Mar 13 2006, 01:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by x0xlilkrissyx0x@Mar 13 2006, 12:36 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-frostydf2
@Mar 8 2006, 05:18 AM
Rap when I feel like impressing people with my system, rock when I want people to be scared, and punk when I hate politics.  Kind of a wide variety in my opinion.

My mom has one, but all she listens to is Randi Rhodes. [/b][/quote]
Ipods are really neat but kinda over-rated. Most people now days (especially in my school) actually use it as a trend item. They have the one head-phone in, and probably aren't listening to anything.

However, I use my ipod numerous times a day. I have a RCA adapter to plug into my deck. CD quality, with no cd's. Then with my system its awsome!

I need to take some pictures :smiley:

Hmm Band's

Greenday

Blink 182

Sum 41

Sugarcult (CALI 4 LIFE)

Nirvana

Sublime

SOAD

H.I.M

METALLICA (HOW COULD I NOT?)

Avenged Sevenfold

---------------------------------------------------------

Songs:

Wings of a Butterfly - H.I.M

Jesus of Suburbia - Greenday

Dammit - Blink 182

Beast and the Harlot -Avenged Sevenfold

LOTS more but I dont wanna put em cuz im lazy as hell.

Mostly Metal, some just plain hard rock, clasic rock, and a little christian.

Metal-

Children of Bodom, Avenged Sevenfolds first two CDs, Soilwork, Legion OT Damned, Arch Enemy, along with some others

Plain Hard rock-

System of a Down, Disturbed, others to the meh.

Classic-

ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, etc. you get it.

Christian-

Showdown, War of Ages

Also, for some reason, I like listening to Joe Satriani's guitar solos.

I wrote this all fast, I obviously forgot some.

Widespread Panic
Phish
Led Zeppelin
CCR
Allman Brothers
Doobie Brothers
Steve Miller Band

i guess yall can see where this is going... if its old and its rock... i like it. i branch out and listen to some early alternative rock, country and jazz as well.

i think i stand alone, cuz no one has listed anything i listed. only problem with classic rock is... they don't make any new music. :angry: can't say i like any punk or progressive rock music, just sounds too much like a teenager wining about getting grounded to me. i leave my tastes open, so give me some links if it can fall into a category that suits.

KickinBama

Mostly right now, mellow beachy stuff. Jack Johnson, Donovan Frankenreiter(sp?), Matt Costa, Marley, Dave Matthews.

Punk Rock and Ska - Green Day, LTJ, Midtown, Catch 22 (Original band), the Youth ahead, the ataris, Fenix Tx, you probably get the drift.

Alternative - Nirvana, Foo Fighters, STP stuff like that.

I also have interests in classical and jazz. Mozart's my man.

Alternative - Nirvana, Foo Fighters, STP stuff like that.
I really enjoy Foo Fighters. Not so much Nirvana though. Good music choice except for some of hte punk like Green Day :(

Back