A Past Is Told

liliana

Cadet
Authors' Notes:Told through the eyes of Angie's younger sister Maria 45 years after it happened.
Summary:At 17 young Angie Thompson doesn't believe in Halloween anymore.She no longer believes the stories that her older brother Ryan use to tell her about witches,ghosts and goblins.But when Ryan is killed in a car accident Angie is devastated and as Halloween draws nearer Angie starts finding out some strange things about her ancestry.But what she doesn't realize is that her brother wasn't killed in a car accident but that was just ploy to put the cops off the case.As secrets are revealed and pasts unfold.What will Angie do?Who knows we'll have to wait and see.
Rating:PG-13(just incase)
Genre:Horror but General and Narrative
Spoilers:None.
Disclaimer:Everything belongs to me.

A Past Is Told
by:Lili

Chapter 1

You see a mansion with an old Italian look to it a car is driving up to it the car stops right outside the house you see there's a man and a woman and two little girls.The door opens to the house and you see an old woman there standing "aunt Maria,"one of the girls says.

She smiles"Angela,"she says.She holds out her arms and the little girl runs at her and hugs her around the waist and so does the other one."Ah my little ones how are you doing?"

The youngest one whose name is Claire looks up at her and smiles"we're fine Aunt Maria,"she says.You see the man and the woman watching the three of them.

The man comes towards her"hi Aunt Maria,"he says.He hugs her tightly and she hugs him back"it's good to see you again."He kisses her on the cheek and she smiles up at him.

She smiles at the woman who just walks on by without saying anything the man just shrugs"it's all right Daniel it's not your fault,"she says.Daniel nods and they walk into the house with Angela and Claire following them."How have you been?"

He smiles at her"working too much,"he says.Maria nods and he looks around the house and smiles when he sees a picture of a woman sitting on the mantel piece."I'm sorry she never got to meet Angela and Claire."He touches the picture the woman in the picture is smiling she has long brown hair and the clearest blue eyes.

Maria comes over"she would have loved them,"she says.She has tears in her eyes you see Claire and Angela sitting on the couch Angela reading a book to Claire."She would have loved them and Angela looks so much like her."

Daniel looks over at his daughter and then sees his wife standing in the doorway she looks at him and he goes over he takes her in his arms and looks her in the eyes."What's wrong Erica?"

She looks up at him with raised eyebrows and he sighs"I don't want our children to be influenced by her,"Erica says.She looks at the picture on the mantel piece."I don't want Angela to end up like your mother."

Daniel turns suddenly and glares at her and she takes a step backwards"don't you dare Erica,"he says.She just stands her ground and watches him he takes her arm and leads her out the room."My mother had courage she would have given up everything to be here with us today."

Erica looks him in the eyes"and yet she is still dead and Angela's mom is dead too,"she says.He slaps her across the face and she gasps.And looks at him with pain in her eyes.She looks at Maria"I don't want Claire anywhere near her."She walks away and he just watches her go.

Maria comes over and looks at him"what happened?"she asks.

He looks at his aunt"she pushed me to far this time with mom and with Karen,"he says.He looks down and shakes his head"I realize Angela will never know her mother and I regret that everyday but that won't bring Karen back."

Maria puts her hand on his arm and she smiles at him"you know as well as I do that Angie and Karen are here with us,"she says.Daniel nods his head"if you need either of them or Angela does you just need to look deep down inside and they will come."

He looks at her and shakes his head"its a fairytale,"he says.He looks at her"that I let you draw me into that you let me draw Karen and Angela into."

Maria looks at him"Angela can make her own decision on whether or not she wants to take up her heritage,"she says.Daniel nods his head"but it is her destiny to help those who cannot help themselves."

He turns to look at her"it is her destiny to be a normal little girl where her only problem is will she make any friends when she starts school in September,"he says.He looks at his aunt"the heritage ended the day I buried my mother and my wife."

Maria watches as he turns and walks away"they will come for her,"she says.He nods his head and stops"and they will stop at nothing to stop her from coming of age."

Daniel turns around and looks at her"and I will make sure that she is never found,"he says.

Maria comes towards him but he steps away from her and flinches when she touches him"you will be the reason she dies,"Maria says.He looks at her in shock and shakes his head"yes you see as you held Karen back you will hold Angela back and she will die because of it."

He turns to her and glares"she will not die because I will protect her with everything I have,"he says.Angela comes into the room and looks up at her father.He smiles down at her"what's wrong honey?"

She smiles up at him"can you come read to us please?"she asks.

He nods his head"of course,"he says.He looks at his aunt one more time then picks Angela up and goes to the couch and sits down where Claire plops down on his lap.

You see Maria in her room she sits in a circle of candles and they are all lit she's crosslegged and suddenly something appears in front of her a ghostly apparition."Angie I didn't have to call you,"she says.

The other woman shook her head"no Maria cause I could see you were in need of help with my son,"she says.She holds out her hand and Maria takes it and smiles.She stands up."He is being difficult I see."

Maria nods and looks down at the floor"he does not understand that when Angela turns 17 she will have the burden that you once did,"she says.She looks down again"or else they will come and take her away."

Angie nods and turns to look at her sister"it is not your fault he does not understand he saw Karen and I killed right before his eyes it is understandable he never wants Angela in this life,"she says."But it is her destiny."

Her sister nods"I know I want to tell Angela and Claire your story,"she says.Angie nods and smiles.

That night you see Angela and Claire sitting again sitting on the couch Angela reading.When Maria comes into the room"hello children,"she says.

They both look up and smile"hi Aunt Maria how are you?"Claire asks.

Maria smiles and sits in between them Daniel comes into the room and sees this and he sighs he looks at his aunt"I have to tell them the story even if you don't want me to,"she says.He nods his head and pulls up a chair."All right children do you want to hear a story?"

Claire and Angela smile"yes please,"Angela says.She puts her book down and snuggles into Maria's side and smiles up at her great aunt.

Maria smiles at the two girls"it all started one night it was October 11th I was but 15 years of age,"she begins.She can see both girls are enthralled.

TBC....

Sorry have to stop there for tonight but I hope you guys enjoy it cause this is my first Non-Fiction story I'm posting on the net and I'm kinda nervous.So go easy on me.This is a submission for Non-Alias Fiction Contest II.

HEY! that's not bad! actually that's great! I love fics about prophecies, destiny, etc :lol: hehe is one of them gonna die? :woot: :lol:
--Mandy :angelic:

Chapter 2
by:Lili

You see a young girl with short brown hair and blue eyes she is sitting in a large chair by a fireplace a tall guy with blonde hair walks in and smiles at her.He grins when he sees her face set in concentration."Hey sis,"he says.She looks up in surprise"I'm home."

The girl grins at him and throws her arms around his neck"when did you get in?"she asks.

He smiles at her"at 3,"he says.She nods her head"just in time for Halloween."The girl shakes her head"oh come on Ang you know you still believe."She looks up at him and shakes her head.He nods her head"you once believed."

Angie sits down and draws her knees up to her chest"that Ryan was when I was younger go tell your stories to Ri she may still believe you,"she says.She looks up at him and sees disappointment in his eyes."No see you don't get to do that I stopped believing when dad got sick."

Ryan looks down and then up the stairs and sees his mother standing on the stairs"I'm sorry Angie that I didn't come home sooner but I do have an obligation to something you don't understand,"he says.

She looks up at him and glares"how dare you if there was any truth to those stories you once told me then how come they won't help daddy why are they letting him die huh Ryan?"she asks.

Ryan kneels down in front of her and takes her hands"do you remember that story I once told you about that witch who use to wear red and was blonde and use to ride around on a broomstick?"he asks.She nods her head"do you remember what her name was?"

Angie looks at him like he's crazy"ya her name was Marina,"she says.

Ryan nods and watches her he gets up and takes her hand and she looks at him quizzically."Come with me I want to show you something,"he says.She nods her head and smiles at him and they walk a little way into the house.He touches the wall and a panel opens and he touches a button and it opens.

Angie looks apprehensive"why are we going in here?"she asks.He pulls her in with him and the walls are suddenly lit up and Angie looks around herself.She looks up at Ryan"I want to know where we are."

He nods"we're pretty much in another realm in our house Ang you have a whole destiny that awaits you,"he says.She shakes her head he keeps leading her down the hallway they come to a huge chamber.There are people there with them standing in a circle with a star in the middle of it."Welcome to our world Angie."

She looks at him with raised eyebrows and the eyes of a skeptic"you've got to be kidding me this is what you've been hiding from me all this time?"she asks.He nods his head"I think you've lost it."

She starts to walk away when a woman with long greying hair comes to a stop by Ryan"this is her?"the woman asks.Ryan looks at the woman and nods his head"she'll need to be trained."

Angie turns back around and stares at the woman"what do you mean I'll need to be trained?"she asks.She looks around her and shakes her head."I want out of here."

The woman turns her around and looks her in the eyes"you my child have a destiny to fulfil like your ancestors before you,"the woman says."Like your father before you."

That made Angie turn to look at her"what do you mean my father before me?"she asks.She looks at the woman and looks around herself again."Explain this all to me why am I here why me?"

The old woman nods"first of all my name is Rianna and it's very nice to finally meet you Angie,"she says.Angie smiles and shakes the woman's hand.The woman takes her by the hand and starts leading her more into the chamber.Ryan follows."This place is a sanctuary a place where everything good related to the dead is."

Angie looks at her if she's crazy"what do you mean?"she asks.

Rianna looks up at her"I mean that this is a sanctuary for ghosts,good witches,elves,nymphs,fairies and leprechauns,"Rianna says.Angie looks at her and starts laughing and Rianna just looks at her then Ryan.

Angie looks at her serious face and stops"you're serious aren't you?"she asks.Rianna nods her head and Angie just shakes her head and then looks around again"but how do I fit into all of this."

Rianna looks at Ryan"have you not told her the stories Ryan?"she asks.He nods his head and then Rianna looks at Angie"and you did not believe these stories?"Angie shakes her head"that was something I wasn't counting on."

Angie looks at her strangely"what that I wouldn't believe you I don't understand how I fit into this I remember Ryan's stories vividly I just don't believe in them anymore,"she says."I am 17 if you haven't noticed."Rianna nods"I remember that one person whether it be male or female would always protect these creatures."

Rianna nods again"you are correct Angie they did protect these creatures,"Rianna says.Angie looks at her in shock"your father did it until he came down with cancer."

Angie nods"why only call me now?"she asks.Rianna looks down"you didn't think it was me."Rianna nods"okay I can deal with that.Can I go back up now?"

Rianna nods"but you must come back tomorrow you must meet with the Council,"she says.Angie looks at her in surprise and the woman just smiles"don't worry it won't be that bad."

Angie nods and follows Ryan back up to their home."Are you okay?"Ryan asks.

Angie shakes her head and goes up the stairs"no,"she says.She keeps on going and leaves Ryan just standing there.He looks up when he hears footsteps it's his mom.

He smiles and they hug"so you told her,"she says.He nods"it's for her own good she would have found out sooner or later and it's better than it's sooner than later."

Ryan nods and watches his mother walk up the stairs"was anyone from your side ever called to do this?"he asks.

His mother looks down"no they weren't,"she says.She keeps walking.

TBC....

Okay I know kinda short and I decided to not kill Ryan he's too cute to kill or rather in my head he's to cute to kill.I hope you guys enjoy it.Don't try to kill me.

witch-s.jpg

PP0362.jpg

yay! great incorporations Lili! :smiley: I loved that.
--mandy :angelic:

okay hi i'm 3000 miles away from my computer sorry guys so maybe i'll have more inspiration later after i write chapter 7 of Time Telling

Back