A question among questions!

Which is worse?

• Wait till him/her leaves the room, and take a cookie.

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Take a cookie from the jar right infront of them.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Then we run into the question of for who..

It's worse for them if I take the cookie while they aren't looking. They may not be able to tell who did it. May have been saving the cookies for something specific.

It's worse for me if I take the cookie while they're looking. Then they have a target for anything near them and I don't have the fastest reflexes.

How does them having a target and your reflexes come in to this? Not like I could really understand any of your post...<sighs> .

LoL If she takes the cookie and pisses them off, they're liable to grab a toaster and chuck it at her. In which case she hasn't the reflexes to dodge the toaster and make a clean get away.

LoL If she takes the cookie and pisses them off, they'll liable to grab a toaster and chuck it at her. In which case she hasn't the reflexes to dodge the toaster and make a clean get away.

Ah, I see, then that is not much of a friend if they chuck a toaster at you just because you took a single edible item. So in the end....your friend is not much of a friend and you really need to get a new hobby besides stealing.

Just ask them for a cookie, Oi....or go up and try taking one while said friend is in the room. Both have the same statement. Anyone can catch you if you steal a cookie when they are out of the room by carefully counting how many cookies he/she made and put in said jar. So if you blatantly steal when they are out of the room and they catch you, you suffer..

So, why does this thread exist? -_-

They're not much of a friend regardless by tempting you with cookies and making most of HH's patrons turn to pure thievery. Regardless, it's been an interesting what if.

Well the poll and the question is a 'what if'. A what if just refers to 'what if this happened' and should always be taken hypothetically.
I'd hope it'd never happen. I was raised to do unto others as I want done unto myself, so even if it was my last cookie and I had a gluttonous slob eying my cookie jar I'd make the offer for them to help themselves.

Well the poll and the question is a 'what if'. A what if just refers to 'what if this happened' and should always be taken hypothetically.
I'd hope it'd never happen. I was raised to do unto others as I want done unto myself, so even if it was my last cookie and I had a gluttonous slob eying my cookie jar I'd make the offer for them to help themselves.

Okay.....<curtain falls> The end!

Luc was right on what I meant, and Hunl..It's for just having a sense of humor. Some people find these sorts of things funny or silly. If you don't, that's fine, but I took it in a humorous light. I don't think it was ever meant to be taken seriously. Stop over analyzing, silly.

Edit: I guess since I've sort of ran into a version of this within my own kitchen, I'll answer what I normally do..Take it late at night when everyone is asleep! Muahaha! I have no willpower when it comes to my favorite foods..

Luc was right on what I meant, and Hunl..It's for just having a sense of humor. Some people find these sorts of things funny or silly. If you don't, that's fine, but I took it in a humorous light. I don't think it was ever meant to be taken seriously. Stop over analyzing, silly.

Not really "over analyzing". Analyzing the situation and figuring out the possible actions and outcomes is just what I do. Hardly going over.

I personally wonder how this is humerous in any regard...<sighs>

I have to stray off topic and ask. What do you (Hunl) find funny?
To be fair, I find anything between poop jokes and Peter Cook pretty funny. I have an overly broad spectrum I believe.

I have to stray off topic and ask. What do you (Hunl) find funny?
To be fair, I find anything between poop jokes and Peter Cook pretty funny. I have an overly broad spectrum I believe.

I find funny stuff funny, not crass, crude or otherwise jokes and people funny. I wonder how the subject is humerous..

Well it's not a laugh out loud type of humor. Nor was it probably intended to be humorous. I don't really see anything crass admitting that you have slow reflexes and that you'd take a cookie behind someone's back just to avoid being hit with a blunt object.
Eh, tev ya know?

It does put to mind a pet bunny a pal of mine has. The lil' guy adores spinach leaves. Who doesn't? But he won't take them from your hand or if you watch him. LoL But if you just turn your head a certain degree and keep an eye on him he'll grab a leaf and then he'll stop chewing if you turn towards him again.

Well it's not a laugh out loud type of humor. Nor was it probably intended to be humorous. I don't really see anything crass admitting that you have slow reflexes and that you'd take a cookie behind someone's back just to avoid being hit with a blunt object.
Eh, tev ya know?

It does put to mind a pet bunny a pal of mine has. The lil' guy adores spinach leaves. Who doesn't? But he won't take them from your hand or if you watch him. LoL But if you just turn your head a certain degree and keep an eye on him he'll grab a leaf and then he'll stop chewing if you turn towards him again.

Errm, it was Pinnelipe that admitted the slow reflexes and targets....I never said anything about me.

That as a reader you shouldn't always take you for just yourself? That's a void?
Here, let me fill it in.
You isn't always yourself in text.

That as a reader you shouldn't always take you for just yourself? That's a void?
Here, let me fill it in.
You isn't always yourself in text.

You left a void by using bad information, I mean post #32 as far as the void goes., when you said "You" you were refering to me in particular. Quite truly I never even said anything about slow reflexes, Pinnelipe was the one who said that. Thus "you" in said statement above should be Pinnelipe.

Yes it is me, and it is quite clear that it could hardly be for someone else except you mis-quoted..read post #31 and #32. Thren read post #20. Quite clear in my humble opinion what you meant in post 32. Why we have to go through this is beyond me..

You left a void by using bad information, I mean post #32 as far as the void goes., when you said "You" you were refering to me in particular. Quite truly I never even said anything about slow reflexes, Pinnelipe was the one who said that. Thus "you" in said statement above should be Pinnelipe.

Yes it is me, and it is quite clear that it could hardly be for someone else except you mis-quoted..read post #31 and #32. Thren read post #20. Quite clear in my humble opinion what you meant in post 32. Why we have to go through this is beyond me..

Frankly, no he wasn't really referring to anyone. He was using "you" as one would use "one." See, I did it in that sentence. I could easily have said "He was using 'you' as you would use 'one.'" I'm not speaking directly to you, Hunl, with that statement, but it's a variable pronoun for anyone in said situation. It's really not that hard a concept to grasp.

I don't really see anything crass admitting that you have slow reflexes and that you'd take a cookie behind someone's back just to avoid being hit with a blunt object.

Allow me to interpret. Luciro was simply saying that nothing in this thread can be construed as "crass." As in, what Pinn said about slow reflexes and dodging toasters was a joke. It wasn't crass humor, it was humor.

Why do we have to go through it? Because you guys have taken this topic where a topic has never gone before... well actually, where they frequently go here at HH, and that's way beyond topic. *cracks her whip* No need to continue in this vein. Back on topic, guys.

Back