A Real-Life Irina Derevko

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
Okay, I'm putting this in the off-topic area because it really doesn't have anything to do with Alias, it's just a personal story that kind of reminds me of an Alias situation, so I wanted to share it. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Here's the thing. My cousin David had been dating this girl, Erica, for about 8 months. I met her a few times, she seemed nice, but sort of distant, and I just thought she was a little snotty. (My cousin's 24, she's 23.) In early November, they got engaged. She seemed a little nicer at the engagement party, so I thought maybe she wasn't so bad. They set the date for January 18, and she moved in with him before Christmas, so they could deal with the move before their honeymoon.

Saturday evening he came home after being at his friend's house all day to find that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in his house was gone. She'd left him a note that she'd been lying to him the entire time, and she couldn't believe he'd thought she would actually date someone like him. It turns out she's like a member of an organized crime family, and her dad and her brothers set the whole thing up. They're the ones who helped rob the house, and the police know who they are, but they can't find them.

Isn't that weird? I didn't think things happen like that in real life. When I told my parents it was sort of like Alias, (you know, lying to your family to get something out of them) they got mad and said I shouldn't be thinking about that now. Why not? I wasn't offending anybody. My cousin's upset, but he's more mad than anything. He just wants to catch her. Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

I find that really interesting and very frightening at the same time. I'm sorry for your cousin and I hope he has luck with his current situation. :confused:

Freaky!! :woot: How can people lie like that? I mean, lying about working for the CIA (like Syd does) is one thing, but what she did--she must not have a conscience!

That was just NOT right! I feel so sorry for him. Man, she totally ripprd his heart out poor guy!

Yeah, that is interesting but scary. I only thought those tings only happened on tv.

The police say they currently have no leads on the girl and her dad and brothers, but they contacted her mom in Ohio, and she maintains that she has nothing to do with any of them and has no contact with them. The police aren't sure if she's telling the truth, (which weirdly enough, makes it even more like Alias) but they aren't keeping her in custody because they have no evidence. So right now, it doesn't seem likely he'll get his stuff back. She was also able to clear out his checking account, but luckily, she couldn't access his savings account, where most of his money was. But he seems to be doing okay...I think he's just kind of in shock.

That's soooooo weird! Maybe I'll come up with some leads of my own. Maybe... Was it on the news? I mean like CNN Headline News? Because, people should know that this type of stuff happens. You know, so they can protects themselves.

I think it was on our local news, and I know it was in the paper, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't on any national news or anything. Unfortunately, I'm sure things like this happen way more than most people realize. It's probably not uncommon enough to be on the national news.

The weird thing about my cousin is...well, he's sort of had a history of not being serious with anyone. Before this girl, he'd never been with anyone for more than a few weeks. That's why we were all a little surprised when they got engaged so soon. (Now we're thinking it was probably her idea.) I just hope that he doesn't give up on relationships now. I can't imagine being able to date someone and trust them again after that. But I'm sure he'll meet someone eventually who he'll fall in love with. It just might take awhile!

That is so mean! I mean how rude is that. Not only does it shatter his belief in someone he loved but he lsot all his stuff,. And to leave a note! I'm sorry but that is just not acceptable!

If they find her Give her a piece of my mind would ya! pusht..that's rude!

And yeah tell hi mnot to give up. He'll find the one girl.. who'll make up for everything that that witch stole from him!

AG

Agent_Goodnight said:
Taht is so mean! I mean how rude is that. Not only does it shatter his belief in someone he loved but he lsot all his stuff,. And to leave a note! I'm sorry but that is just not acceptable!

If they find her Give her a piece of my mind would ya! pusht..that's rude!

And yeah tell hi mnot to give up. He'll find the one girl.. who'll make up for everything that that witch stole from him! \\

AG
exactly!

Back