A Second Chance

Title: A Second Chance
Disclamer: I do not own any of the characters from Alias. They all belong to JJ Abrams.

ok this is my first story so please be nice.

I want to thank Sydney for betaing. So thank you very much.

Chapter 1

Sydney walked down the floor of the school, memorizing everything. The hall was completely empty and silent, but considering it was 9 A.M. and the lessons had already begun, it was normal.
Walking past the rooms, she could hear the teacher’s voices.

Today was Sydney’s first day at her new high school and before she could go to her classes she had to meet the principal.

Two weeks ago Sydney and her Dad had moved from Philadelphia to Los Angeles and she had had to change school.
Again.
Sydney sighed. How she hated this moving. Since her mother died when she was six, they have been living in so many cities, she couldn’t even remember all of them. Sometimes it felt like they where on the run. They had stayed in no city longer then six month or a year except for one. In Boston they had lived for two years and Sydney had thought they had finally settled down.
Then her Dad told her they were moving again.

During this time Sydney had learned to keep her distance and didn’t let anyone close because it had been very hard for her to leave the friends she just had made behind. So the moving couldn’t hurt her anymore, only the loneliness could.

The relationship with her father was also not very good. He was always busy with work and so she had been having a nanny since her mother died, until she was old enough to take care of herself. Sometimes it seemed that her and her father were complete strangers to each other.

As she arrived in front of the principal’s office, she decided to put these negative thoughts away. Right now it was not the time to think about her life. Although she knew she wouldn’t do things in a different way. She wouldn’t even try to make real friends, just some guys she could hang out with.

She took one last breath, then she knocked at the door. Sydney didn’t have to wait long for an answer. After a few seconds she could hear a voice.
“Come in.” With that Sydney entered the room.
The principal, an elderly man with grey hair, sat behind a huge desk.
To her surprise there was someone else in the room. A blonde boy sat in front of the table. As she closed the door, the boy was turning around to look at her. At first she noticed his green eyes. She guessed he was her age.

Michael turned around at the girl who was coming in and who he was supposed to guide the first days. When he saw her he tried hard not to gasp. She was very beautiful and had these deep brown eyes. Then he realized he was staring at her so he forced himself to turn his attention back to the principal, hoping that she hadn’t noticed.

“I’m sorry I’m disturbing. I will wait outside until you have finished.” She said.

She was unsure of what she should do. She knew she was punctual and he had her come in but obviously the principal had something different to do first. So she turned around and was about to leave when he spoke.

“No, stay. You are Sydney, right?” he asked.

“Yes, Sydney Bristow.” she answered.

“I’m Principal Stevens, but I’m sure you know that” he said with a smile, ”Please sit down.”

“So I got your file from your old school. You move a lot, don’t you?”

“Yes, because of my father’s job.” she said with a sad smile.

“I’m sure you will get along here but for you are new I thought it would be helpful if you have someone to help you the first days.” he said and pointed at the boy, “This is Michael Vaughn.”

“Ok, thank you” Sydney answered, not quiet sure how to react to. It was the first time a principal had someone to baby-sit her. It wasn’t like she wasn’t able to take care of herself.

“So if you don’t have any questions you two can go and Michael can show you the school before the next lesson starts.” Sydney nodded and then she left the office with Michael.

After they had left the office, Michael decided to introduce himself again.
“I’m Michael. It’s nice to meet you.” he said, smiling at her.

“Nice to meet you as well.” Sydney smiled back at him. ‘Maybe having a babysitter wouldn’t be so bad at all ’ she thought.

“Well, considering we still have plenty of time we could do what Mr. Stevens suggested and I show you around. Ok?”

“Sounds great” she said, still smiling.

“Ok, then come on” Michael knew that he must have been grinning like an idiot as they walked away. She was so cute when she was smiling but Michael knew that he shouldn’t think this way.

i hope you liked it
please tell me what you think

this is your first story?
wow.
its really really really good! (y)
update soon, and can you pm me when you update? :smiley:

~stephy :angelnot:

I loved it, can I please have a PM, I can't wait for the next chapter :D

I love how they were grinning foolishly at each other right in front of the principal :lol: lol!

thanks for the reviews :smiley:

here is the next chapter, please R&R

Chapter 2

First Michael showed her the rooms where she would have her classes later. Then they walked to the gym, the library and the cafeteria. During this time Sydney tried to keep everything in mind.

After they finished walking through school and Sydney had seen everything, Michael made a suggestion.

“Look, we have still some time, do you mind if we go outside? It’s such a nice weather and it would be a pity if we stayed inside” Michael said.

“Sure” Sydney agreed and so they went out and sat down on the grass near a tree.

“So what did you do that you have to baby-sit me” Sydney asked and grinned.

“Nothing” Michael said, trying to look as innocent as possible, which only caused Sydney to laugh.

“Well, except for almost burning down the school and dealing with several things but besides this I’m completely innocent.” Michael said with a serious voice and expression.

Then he looked at Sydney. Her face had changed from smiling to an expression of pure shock.
Michael managed to look this way for a few more seconds, then he couldn’t take it anymore and started to laugh.

“Got you”

“That was mean. You know that, right?” Sydney tried to look mad but had to smile.

“It was not mean. But I swear I’ve done nothing wrong. Mr. Stevens asked me to and I couldn’t say no, could I?” Michael asked and Sydney nodded.

“Besides this, I think I made the right decision.” His comment made Sydney blush slightly.

Sydney and Michael continued talking about different things and he told her more about things she had to know. During the chat Sydney noticed that Michael was not only good-looking but also nice and funny. She wondered if he would maybe ask her out someday. Going out with him would certainly be fun.

‘Woah, stop. Where did this thought came from?’ Sydney thought. She barely knew him and dating wasn’t an option because she didn’t wanted to get involved emotionally with someone. She knew that she had to stick to that although she wasn’t so sure that she could if he asked her.

But she also knew there was no use to think about something that hadn’t even happened. So Sydney concentrated again on their conversation.

A few minutes later the bell rang and the lesson was over. Suddenly it got much louder in the school building. Students were leaving the rooms and some were exiting the school.

“Come on, I want you to meet some of my friends” Michael said and offered her a hand to help her up.

Sydney smiled at him and took his hand. Then they walked inside the building. After they had entered, Sydney saw a boy and a girl walking straight towards them.

“Hey guys, this is Sydney. She is new and I agreed to help her the first days to get around.” Michael began to introduce her to his friends.

“This is Eric.” Michael pointed at the boy.

“So you’re the one Michael could skip his first classes for. Hope he was nice. Sometimes he didn’t know how to behave around other people, but his therapist is working on that.” Eric said laughing.

“Very funny Eric.” Michael looked annoyed, at least he tried to., “He always tries to be funny, but often it didn’t work. So sometimes it’s better to just ignore him”

“Ouch, that really hurt Michael” Eric said, wanting to look and sound hurt.

“I’m really sorry” Michael said sarcastically, “This here is Francie”

“Nice to meet you guys” she said.

They chatted for a few minutes and Sydney really liked his friends from the minute she had met them.
Then a blond girl came to them and gave Michael a kiss on the cheek.

“And this is Lauren, my girlfriend” Sydney’s smile slowly faded away. Luckily none of them noticed

hope you liked it

pm-list

cute_as_candy
Mountaineer4746
syd26
Sabella

i'm sending pms out

i hope i did the pm thing right

OMG! First! YAY! :number1:

This is awesome, I loved it, except that lauren was his girlfriend, grr! :angry: Sydney you need to expose her as only dating him as a dare (y)

Thanks for the PM, this is amazing! :D

:alien:
His girlfriend? I'm going to be sick!!!
he better leave her and start dating Sydney :angelnot:
I really liked thse chapters :D
Can I be added to your PM list please?
Thanks

this is really good except the whole lauren part but i'm sure u'll fix that right?!?!?!
you can bet i'll fix that...sooner or later

pm-list

cute_as_candy
Mountaineer4746
syd26
Sabella
ashqua
luckylass
vaughnsgurl4lf
gonnabfamous07

thanks for the reviews...i'll probably update tomorrow

Chapter 3

To Sydney’s relief the bell rang at this moment and she didn’t have to say anything to Lauren. Michael suggested they could meet for lunch in the cafeteria. Everyone agreed and so they went to their classes.

Her first lesson was English literature with Ms. Jones. As she arrived in her class there were still many seats left, so she decided to take one in the back of the room. Next to her there sat a blond boy.

“Hey, you are new ,right? I’ve never seen you before.” he asked her.

“Yeah, I’m Sydney.” she said.

“I’m Will. So do you need anyone to show you around?” Will asked.

“I have already someone but thanks.” Sydney answered.

At this moment Ms. Jones entered the room and they couldn’t talk any longer.

“Good morning. As you may noticed we have a new student. Sydney would you please stand up and say a few words about yourself.” Ms. Jones asked Sydney and so she stood up.

“Well, my name is Sydney Bristow. I moved here with my family two weeks ago. Before, I had been living in Philadelphia.” Sydney finished and Ms. Jones let her sit down.

“Now open your book and read chapters eleven and twelve.” Sydney tried to read but she wasn’t able to get Michael out of her head. She wondered how long he and Lauren had been together and if they were lucky. Sydney knew she shouldn’t think this but somehow she hoped they weren’t. The rest of the lesson she kept thinking about this, not paying attention to what the teacher said.

On her way to the cafeteria to meet with the others she tried to remember what the classes had been about. She sighed. She should really pay more attention to what she was supposed to learn if she wanted to graduate this year.

As she walked in she immediately saw Michael and his friends sitting at a table. So she walked to them and sat down. They were talking during the whole break and asked Sydney a few more questions.

“Where do you live?” Eric asked her.

“Haydn Street.” Sydney answered.

“Hey, this is just two streets away from where I live.” Michael said, “What about if we walk home together after school?”

Sydney agreed, hoping that Lauren wasn’t going to walk with them.

After school Sydney met with Michael and his friends on the school yard. They talked for some minutes, then Michael and Sydney said goodbye and walked home.

“Which city do you liked the most?” Michael asked while they were walking.

To Sydney’s delight she was alone with Michael, although she knew that he probably would meet with Lauren later.

“I think the city which I like the most so far must be Boston.” Sydney answered.

“Why?”

“Because there we lived for the longest time and I could made friends. So my best friend also lives there.”

“You don’t like moving, do you?”

“No, not really.”

At this moment they arrived at Sydney’s house. “So this is where I live.”

“The house looks nice.”

“Yeah, ok I’ll see you tomorrow at school, bye.” With that Sydney went inside the house and closed the door behind her.

As usual the house was empty. Her father was working and would probably be at home late that night. Maybe she would see him tomorrow morning before school. Feeling sad she went to the kitchen to make herself something to eat.
As she put the food into the microwave suddenly the telephone rang. She closed the door of the microwave and began to search the telephone, which was of course not where it should have been.
Finally she found it in the living room on the table. Sydney took it and answered.

hope you liked it

pm-list

cute_as_candy
Mountaineer4746
syd26
Sabella
ashqua
luckylass
vaughnsgurl4lf
gonnabfamous07

Sydney tried to read but she wasn’t able to get Michael out of her head. She wondered how long he and Lauren had been together and if they were lucky. Sydney knew she shouldn’t think this but somehow she hoped they weren’t. The rest of the lesson she kept thinking about this, not paying attention to what the teacher said.

Aaww she has a crush on him :love:

“Hey, this is just two streets away from where I live.” Michael said, “What about if we walk home together after school?”

Yay :woot: more S/V time :D

Sydney agreed, hoping that Lauren wasn’t going to walk with them.

She better not :uhh: :rifle: :angelic:

Finally she found it in the living room on the table. Sydney took it and answered.

Better be Michael :P Asking her out on a date, having broken up with Lauren (y)

This was awesome, I loved it, you are a awesome writer ^_^ I loved it, can't wait for the next chapter! I hope it'll be soon, otherwise I'll have to keep poking you! 😆 :poke:

Sabella xxx

thank you so much for the quotes :D

i don't know when i update the next time. I'll be in england from sunday till next saturday and i don't know if i have time before this.
But i'll try.

Back