A Single Rose

Summary/Intro: The story takes place during Syd's two missing years, right after she is now Julia Thorne.
Note: It will be sad at some parts ;) And I try to update as much as I can, and I sometimes update day by day or once in a week.

"Julia Thorne, You have been undergoing some physical therapy for the past few months." A Dr. in a white coat was staring at Sydney, he thought she believed that she, was Julia Thorne, so she played along.

"I was on a mission, with the Covenant when I was in an accident, I couldn't remember anything of what had happened. I remember now. My lost family, my work." Sydney looked at the Dr. and looked at him with a convincing look.

"Thank you Julia. You can go. Take this cell phone; the Covenant will call you when you are needed." The Dr. opened the door into the bright outside light that she had not seen for so many days. She walked briskly out the door, turned and nodded.

"Thank you." Sydney smiled and walked out of the building. When the door of the building shut, Sydney ran to a hotel down the street and entered. She was out of breath when she arrived, so she slowed down and walked to the front desk.

"Hello, my name is Julia Thorne and I have reservations." Sydney knew the Covenant was following her so she guessed they would have gotten her a room in every hotel in Rome.

"Ah, yes, here you are Miss Thorne." Sydney looked at the clerk and smiled. Sydney went up to her room, 347 and saw bags upon bags of clothes. Sydney Changed into a tan skirt and black shirt. Then she laced up black, high heel boots, and left the room.
--------------------
Down at the front desk the woman spoke through an earpiece. "Project Thorne is here." She did this discretly so no one noticed.

"Good." A female voice spoke on the other end. An unfamiliar voice. "But as a precaution, put more people by Michael Vaughn's and Lauren Reed's home." And then the line went silent.
-------------------
Sydney ran out of the hotel and down into a car. She reached inside her pocket and found car keys. She also saw an alarm control on them so she pressed the button and looked and 2 blocks down a car was flashing. She ran down to get to the car, and realized it was her white Mustang.

Sydney got in her car and drove. She saw a payphone on her right so she immediately pulled over, almost causing an accident. A horn honked at her but she continued. She rushed out of her car and pulled out a quarter and a dime from her pocket and dialed Kendal.

"Hello? This is agent 0142453, I need to speak to Kendall, it's urgent." Sydney spoke quickly and the woman on the line rushed to Kendall and told him to get on line 2.

"Hello? This is Kendall, state your business." Kendall's serious look was still there as always.

"Kendall! It's me, Sydney. The Covenant, they took me, they brainwashed me to be Julia Thorne! And Vaughn." Sydney began to break down and cry on the phone.

"Sydney, where are you?" We'll help you." Kendall acted like everything would be alright.

"Somewhere in Rome. Vaughn? What of Vaughn? I need to see him! Speak to him!" Sydney spoke frantically. "And what of Francie, or Will? Why did no one come for me?" Sydney turned around and a homeless man pounded on the window and started to yell.

"Hurry up!" His smell creeped into the booth. Then he put his hand to his ear and whispered, "Project Thorne is active."

"Sydney, we have a lot to talk about. But we need to, in person. We'll have our people in Rome look for you. Is there anywhere specifically you are staying at?" Kendall asked as Jack began to approach him.

"Hotel, I called from the hotel. You can maybe trace the call?" Sydney panicked. But she couldn't get Vaughn off her mind. She wanted to see him so badly, and her father, what of him?

"Ok. We'll come soon." Kendall hung up the phone before Jack arrived.

"Who was that?" Jack gave Kendall a look, the I want the truth look.

"That was one of our agents. Apparently we need to help them by sending some back-up." Kendall looked at Jack, who didn't believe him.

"There are no agents in Rome at the moment." Jack gave Kendall a serious look.

"Jack, it's none of your concern." Kendall walked off leaving Jack standing there.
--------------------------
Not much romance...yet, but I had to have Sydney as Julia for this to work so I wanted to start from where she was freed ;)

Kendall is a bastard - not telling Jack that Syd's alive. Great begining. Please add me to your PM list

Ooh... Wonder where this will lead to?? I love the title of the chapter too.. ^_^ Can I get a PM when you update?

Alias_Addict47 said:
"Project Thorne is here." She did this discretly so no one noticed.
[post="1036460"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Alias_Addict47 said:
"Hurry up!" His smell creeped into the booth. Then he put his hand to his ear and whispered, "Project Thorne is active."
Wonder what that meant! :Ponder: :thinking:

Alias_Addict47 said:
"Jack, it's none of your concern." Kendall walked off leaving Jack standing there.
OMG! I hate Kendall! :angry:
Wanna know what´s gonna happen! :confused:
Can I please get a PM? ;)
Thanks!

Muse

I'm updating because I'm bored :rolleyes: and so I can get more going ;)

Chapter One
--------------
Greetings and Meetings
-------------

Sydney was not the same person. She walked slowly off, back to the hotel. Along the way she felt as though, everywhere, there were eyes always looking at her, and in truth, there was. Covenant men dressed as janitors, or clerks, were standing, earpieces on, reporting every move she made. Watching to see if they had done what they had hoped.

But the following eyes was not the thing that troubled Syd. Nor was it the man she had recently murdered to be released from Covenant. Even the fact she was made to believe she was Julia Thorne, and tortured for months and countless hours, to be brainwashed, to be someone else. It was Vaughn.

Her ming lingered on him every second as she walked the long path back to the hotel. She would look at the gravel, and see an outline of his face. She thought what of his life now? Does he have a girlfriend? Is he married? Does he have a kid? Is he in love? Does he still live in LA? These were the thoughts troubling her mind. Every step she took, made her feel like it was another minute wasted on not knowing.

She was now closing on a block til' the hotel when she couldn't stand these thoughts anymore. First she walked at a brisk pace. Then she began to jog. Then run. Until finally she couldn't take it anymore and she sprinted to her hotel room. She pressed the elevator's up button, and waited for the elevator.

There stood a man next to her, in a black coat, a newspaper in hand. He was wearing a black hat and his black hair dropped beneath the hat. He turned to Sydney and smiled, and she smiled in return. Finally the elevator arrived, and they both stepped in.

"Hi, Floor 3, please." Sydney looked at the man and smiled again as she pressed her back into the elevator railing.

"Yes, ma`am. May I ask your name though?" He grinned ruggidly at her.

"Sy--, I mean, Julia Thorne. And you are?" Syd's good girl attitude was washing, and she felt that she could be a new person now that her old life was not here.

"Simon." He said his name simply as she looked at his eyes.

"Simon? Is that all I get? No last name?" Sydney closened into the door, closer to Simon.

"Miss, Thorne. Maybe you would be interested in some of the work I do. Seeing as I can tell what you do." Simon laughed.

"You don't think I'm a pro--" Sydney cut her cute, temptress act short and now gave him a glaring look.

"No, just some other kind of work" And Simon stood, his back to the elevator door and watched Sydney glare at him.

"This work would be?" Sydney glared at him.

The elevator door swung open and he stepped back. "Meet me at the bar, 6:30." And the doors shut and she was going up. Seconds later the doors opened. Sydney ran to room 347, used her card key and watched the maids stare at her. Finally the red light turned green and she entered the room.

She rushed to the phone, dialing Vaughn's number, hoping that Vaughn still had it.
First a ring, no answer, a second, no answer. Then the third ring brought a woman's voice, "Hello?"

Sydney looked saddened, he had moved, he had left, or this woman was his girlfriend. But she couldn't stand to think that he had moved on. Then a knock on the door brought Sydney to walk to answer it.

She walked slowly, as the knob turned. It was being turned frantically when she opened it. There stood Kendall, and two other men in black suits, and though Kendall knew his job, it was an odd site for anyone, especially the maids, to see men in black with sunglasses enter to see this mysterious woman.

"I made a house call." Kendall smiled and Sydney returned his smile with one of her own.

"Come in." Sydney watched them walk in as one of the men pulled up his jacket by accident and flashed her a gun.

One of the maids in the hall looked at the maids, but not with the suprise that they had shown.

"I'm going for a smoke." And the made walked down a flight of stairs and spoke into her earpiece. "Project Thorne has made contact with the CIA. It seems Mr. Kendall as made a special effort to come in person." The woman grinned devilishly.

The same woman's voice spoke, "It seems our work didn't have a major effect. But she will not return to the CIA, or to her beloved Vaughn. She will find out soon that she isn't the only one being watched. She will fall into our project, by her own will." And the woman was sitting a red chair, turned to a window as the glass reflected a brunette woman. Her acurlic nails tapping on the desk as she sipped her Vodka, and put her glass down on her left, red lip stick on the rim. The woman was no one that Syd would have known, really no one for that matter. She was the Head of Covenant, a power, prominant woman. The one responsible for Sydney's capture.

Argh!! Vaughn!! Get her back with Vaughn!! Oh yeah, thanks for the PM and great chapter too! ;)

Alias_Addict47 said:
And the woman was sitting a red chair, turned to a window as the glass reflected a brunette woman. Her acurlic nails tapping on the desk as she sipped her Vodka, and put her glass down on her left, red lip stick on the rim. The woman was no one that Syd would have known, really no one for that matter. She was the Head of Covenant, a power, prominant woman. The one responsible for Sydney's capture.
[post="1037294"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Who´s that girl?
Lalalalalalalal ... :ermm:
Thanks for da PM! ;)
I have the feeling, that there will be a lot of angst! :confused:

Muse

Sydney sat down on the hotel bed and looked at Kendall. She didn't want him to be here because he always seemed like the bearer of bad news. He was going to be the one to tell Syd that Vaughn moved on, or her dad's dead. So she sat motionless, about to break down.

"Sydney, A lot has happened in the year you've been missing." Kendall crossed his hands and looked down.

"And what is it that has happened?" Sydney didn't think she could handle it.

"Jack has been put in soliatairy for conspiring with your mother to find you." Kendall looked serious, but he was lying. Jack was still in the CIA. Currently sitting at his desk.

Sydney had tears now in her eyes. "But...Kendall--" Sydney couldn't form her sentence so Kendall stopped her.

"A man named Lyndsey, a very important man from The NSC came. He caught Jack red handed. We tried but he was taken away and put in confinement." Kendall watched Sydney collapse, crying on the floor.

"Maybe we should finish this up later." Kendall, he stood there lying to her face and making her think her father was all alone in CIA custody. How could he just stand there and watch her cry because of his lies? Of untrue things.

"No, I want to know what happened." Sydney said between her sobs.

"Francie's body was found dead. A shot to the head. When we arrived at your house, Will had gotten up and dragged himself out of the house. Alisons ashes were not found. But we had found yours. Everything matched, and we believed you to be dead. Vaughn took your ashes out and spread them over the sea." Kendall was saddened by his own words.

"I remember." Sydney tried to dry her eyes but she couldn't stop crying.

"What?" Kendall looked shocked.

"When the Covenant first took me, they wanted me to see that my life was gone. So they took me in a sound-proof van and put me looking straight through the window, and I watched myself be thrown into the sea. I yelled for help as Vaughn walked right by me. I cried for my father. But the man said that it was over. That I would become Covenant. And I was so close to everyone but they were millions of miles away, lost in their thoughts. And for a few hours they locked me up and let me cry. And then they began to brainwash me." Sydney put her hand on her head and looked down at the ground.

"Brainwash you? Why?" Kendall seemed to know less than even Syd.

"I wouldn't come willingly. So they wanted me to think I worked for the Covenant, and my name was Julia Thorne. A blonde woman who's family was lost." Sydney pointed at her hair.

"Sydney, I'm sorry." Through the pain Kendall was causing her, he still felt bad for her. He hugged Syd who broke down and cried on his shoulder.

When they released each other from their hugs, Sydney wanted to know the answer to the haunting question, "What of Vaughn?" Sydney dried her eyes and looked at Kendall.

"I think you need to see him for yourself. It may not be the best thing to see him in person for there is no doubt that it will arise suspision about your loyalties to the Covenant. But he still lives at his old place. He left the CIA shortly after your death. He became a teacher." Kendall smiled at Sydney. And Sydney was happy to hear he was okay. "After your death, he spent hours upon hours crying and drinking at his home. Weiss actually stopped visiting him because he was such a mess. He would stare at a wall and see illusions of you there, speaking to him. He mourned you more so than even your father. Vaughn was crushed by your death and Jack just couldn't think of it. He tried to pursue a lead that you were alive." Kendall watched Sydney began to cry again. Hearing of Vaughn's sadness. Seeing her, standing there and talking to an illusion of her. The fact that he couldn't move on. But she was happy that her dad had made an effort to find her.

"Do you think we can get on a plane right now and let me follow him. Watch him from a distance?" Sydney had hope that she could see him.

"Of course. By the way, Will was put in Witness Protection. He no longer lives in LA." And Sydney's heart lifted knowing that her friends were out of harm and safe.

"Does my father know I'm alive?" Sydney looked at Kendall, when he sighed.

"He does. But Lyndsey's policy on soliatire means to be undisturbed and alone; he will not let you see him." Kendall stood up and walked to the door. "I'm sorry Sydney. Let's head back to L.A. But you must know you can NOT speak to anyone from your past life, or let them see you. The world believes you are dead." Kendall gave her a very serious look.

"I understand." Sydney nodded and walked towards Kendall.

"Sit. There are two more things you should know. I know you've recieved a lot of unsettling news, but I think you really should know. Sark has been in CIA custody ever since you disappeared. And Sloane, he was released, pardoned. He in a millionaire fighting cancer with his corperation." Kendall watched Sydney's head sink.

"PARDONED? How can a cruel, and evil man like that be allowed to even live, let alone walk a free man?!" Sydney's anger was boiling.

"It was an agreement that Miss Reed had made, she works for the NSC and her father is a senator." Kendall looked at Sydney.

"Well lucky Sloane." Sydney had a look of disgust on her face.

And Sydney and Kendall drove to the airport. They boarded their private plane and sat and waited....
-----------------------------------------------
The maid that was a spy had been listening to their conversation through the walls. She reported in to the Head of Covenant.

"Project Thorne has left with Kendall. She is heading back to L.A. to follow her boyfriend." The woman said so bluntly.

"Has she met Simon Walker yet? Was he there by the elevator when she arrived?" The woman's cold voice echoed through the phone.

"Yes, he was there as planned. Should I tell him that Project Thorne will not be arriving at 6:30?" The maid smiled.

"Yes, of course. Let Julia go to L.A. what she'll see will devastate her." The woman gave a vicious laugh that could chill the bones of any person. She was still sitting in the red velevt chair, he glass now empty. Then across the room to her left was a wall. A gallery of pictures of Sydney, the Rambaldi Prophecy. And there stood some of the Rambaldi artifacts. He left hand was now tapping against the desk, and there was a <0> mark upon her hand. She was a follower of Rambaldi.

Let's just say it's someone interesting :sly: I just started this Fic so I can't give you her identity yet. If you guess it right...well never mind, I think I'll leave you hanging. But since you all want to know, I'll try to update as much as I can so we can get to revealing her identity :lol: And since I'm sick, on a laptop in bed, I'll update again.

-Chapter 2-
The Phone Call

Sydney sat on the plane, Kendall staring at her, not moving his eyes off of her. Even as he spoke to other people, he stared at her. Sydney wanted to know what conversation Kendall had just been in. Before they boarded the plane, he called someone, but Sydney was ushered onto the plane before she could hear anything.

By the time she got to her seat, Kendall moved behind one of the wheels of the plane, and she could not read his lips. Suddenly he came back out, but the conversation was at it's end. The only words she got were, "Do it."

KENDALL'S POV
I watched as Sydney stood in front of me, walking to board the plane. She couldn't come back to the CIA, it would bring such an uprising. How would she be able to deal with the loss of Vaughn? It was at this moment I realized I had to keep her away from anything that would bring her back into the CIA.

Kendall reached for his phone and dialed NSC's Lyndsay's, number. His cold voice spoke, "Hello? Make this quick, I'm off to a meeting." Lyndsay always spoke bluntly and quickly, and rather rude.

"Lyndsay, it's Kendall. I think there is something you need to know." Kendall watched Sydney board the plane.

"And that would be what?" Lyndsay stopped from his brisk pace to meet up with Dixon and Jack for the meeting.

"Jack has been conspiring with Irina Derevko." Kendall stopped adbruptly, and he heard Lyndsay sigh.

"Do you have proof of this?"

"At my desk, on my computer, I have a file of e-mails to Miss Derevko, from Jack Bristow." Kendall watched Sydney take her seat on the plane. Kendall moved behind one of the wheels of the plane.

Lydnsay briskly walked toward Kendall's office, and logged onto his computer. "Your password?"

"Julia Thorne. After this I will have changed my password." Kendall looked through the wheels, at Sydney.

"The file name?"

"E-Mails." Kendall breathed deeply. Jack had entrusted him with this information of him contacting Irina.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback

"Have you or have you not been contacting Irina Derevko?" Kendall threw documents and e-mails of Jack to Irina and Irina to Jack. They were standing underneath a bridge, Kendall leaning on his car, and Jack standing right in front of him.

"Yes, but it was for Sydney." Jack gave Kendall a weary look.

"Sydney?" Kendall looked surprised that he was speaking to his wife for their dead daughter.

"She's alive." Jack looked down at the rubble and rocks on the ground.

"We threw her ashes into the ocean 8 months ago, and your going to say she's alive." Kendall looked at Jack suspicously.

"I believe I just did." Jack backed off.

"Do you have any proof?" Kendall stood up and walked toward the door of his car.

"Irina gave me a tape, a tape of Sydney." Jack looked saddened.

"And this tape contained?" Kendall looked up, and at the bottom of the bridge.

"Sydney being held by Covenant, being beat down." Jack crossed his arms.

"Now tell me something Jack. How would Irina get a tape like that if she didn't have any connections with the Covenant?" Kendall stared at Jack.

"Because Irina knows the Head of Covenant quite well."

"Has she spoke of the identity of the HOC?"

"Only that there is never a The Man, it is always, the Woman."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why didn't you report these documents to the CIA immediately?" Lyndsay's voice rose.

"I just recieved them. I had to check if they were real or not." Kendall lied.

"This will put Jack away, into solitairy." Lyndsay laughed.

"I know." Kendall sighed.

"Your a very good friend." Lyndsay laughed. Kendall came out behind the wheels and headed for the entrance to the plane.

"Just do it." And Kendall hung up the phone. He looked at Sydney's window, and she was looking at him. When she saw he was looking at her, she turned away.

Alias_Addict47 said:
And since I'm sick, on a laptop in bed, I'll update again.
[post="1040828"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Hey you OK? :confused: :thinking:
Just wanna say that I hate Kendall! :angry:
*clenches her fists*
Thanks for da PM, I would have received surely ! :P ;)

Muse

-Part 2~Chapter 2-
-Watching From A Distance-

Sydney sat on the plane, she stared out the window as they started to land at L.A. Sydney was not informed on what had happened to her father, and the fact that Kendall hadn't spoken of Vaughn and just told her to come to L.A. Sydney was worried.

"Sydney, let's go." Kendall put his hand on Sydney's shoulder, and she stood up and followed Kendall. Sydney walked out the entrance of the plane, and looked at L.A., her home. It had been so long. She felt like she was truly at home again. But she knew that her friends were gone, and she could not talk to anyone, and the smile on Sydney's face, turned to a grim one.

"Sydney, it's dark out right now so no one would be able to see you from a car if you were to follow Vaughn. Now is the time to go see him." Kendall pointed to a blue mustang and gave her the keys. Kendall began to walk to his own car. "Sydney, call me when your done with seeing Vaughn. And Sydney, whatever you see, realize you were dead. He doesn't know your alive." Kendall spoke through the distance.

Sydney got in the car and began to drive, Kendall's words echoing in her ears. Sydney, whatever you see, realize you were dead. He doesn't know your alive She drove for ten minutes before arriving by Vaughn's place.

Sydney knew she couldn't get out of the car, so she waited.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Agent S?" The mysterious woman spoke through the earpiece.

"Yes?" The agent replied.

"Send our agent to Vaughn's place. Make sure they leave together." The Mysterious woman stood up out of her chair and grabbed 2 guns and walked off to a plane, one heading to L.A.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sydney sat in her car for an hour, when a blonde woman walked over to Vaughn's place. Sydney looked to his open window. Ten minutes later, the blonde woman went to the window and Vaughn appeared. He began to kiss her and she smiled. He closed the window, and the curtains.

Sydney sat, crying, her head on the steering wheel. She accidently hit the horn and it began to honk. Vaughn looked out the window to see what was going on. He opened his window and looked at Syd's car.

"Excuse me Miss, can you please not do that?" Vaughn looked at Sydney, he could only see the back of her head, and her blonde hair.

"I'm sorry sir." And Sydney's voice echoed in Vaughn's head. Was it her? Could it be? Lauren dragged Vaughn down the lobby and outside, she was holding him. And Vaughn was distracted. He looked at the car.

Sydney saw the men drive by, Covenant men watching them. She drove off befor Vaughn could run after her. So close yet millions of miles away. Sydney was crying and Vaughn was confused.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Did you send Miss Reed?" The mysterious woman spoke.

"Yes, and Sydney left after seeing us. But she cried when she saw him with her." The agent laughed.

"Good. I'm heading to L.A., to pick up Miss Thorne and bring her back." And the Mysterious Woman sat, looking out the window of the plane showing her reflection. Then, next to her sat Irina, chained to a chair, a gun to her head.

"How could you do this? I thought you and I were--" Irina looked at her friend, a person who betrayed her.

"Friendship means nothing to me." And the Mysterious Woman laughed

German Muse said:
Hey you OK?  :confused:  :thinking:
Just wanna say that I hate Kendall!  :angry:
*clenches her fists*
Thanks for da PM, I would have received surely !  :P  ;)

Muse
[post="1040840"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I was writing a second part to the story ;)
Ya, I'm fine. I'm eating cup noodles :lol:

Back