A small glimpse (Cool!)

My thoughts are running along two channels:

1. How could we POSSIBLY be the only intelligent life out there?

2. If humanity could somehow develop the technology to colonize other worlds (closed environments or cold sleep, slew of navigational issues, more I can't think of) wouldn't our infighting become pretty petty?

More later, unless somebody wants to take one of those and run, in which case I'll happily respond.

I call dibbs on the name "WatchMaker's big huge Planet of hot lovin'."

1. I don't doubt there is other intelligent life out there, but I'm not going to start saying G.W.B. is a UFO either. As I said before, what could be out there is beyond what our tiny little minds can handle.

2. See'ing our current countries all get their own planets over time would be really cool. (Since you know, you would have to live a few hundred more years.)

PS: Daax, thats most likely because you have meatwad as your avatar. Real men go sigs only. Fewl.

Meatwad is a level of pimpness beyond your comprehension. It's only natural for you to fear what you don't understand. :smiley:

Chrisidon said:
My thoughts are running along two channels:

1. How could we POSSIBLY be the only intelligent life out there?

2. If humanity could somehow develop the technology to colonize other worlds (closed environments or cold sleep, slew of navigational issues, more I can't think of) wouldn't our infighting become pretty petty?

More later, unless somebody wants to take one of those and run, in which case I'll happily respond.
1. We are most definitely not the only intelligent life out there. The probability of us being the only ones is so tiny its effectively nil. The concept that we're the only intelligence is nothing more than human self-centeredness.

2. I personally think our infighting is pretty petty as it stands now. And we have a closed system the size of a planet. ;)

Watchmaker: If you were really cool, you'd go avatar only. Mm-hm, I'm cool. *Trips over own shoelaces.* What are you laughing about?!

Daax said:
Meatwad is a level of pimpness beyond your comprehension. It's only natural for you to fear what you don't understand. :smiley:

No, meatwad, is infact, a wad of meat. Not a single level of pimpness can come from that. Only some very ill and dis-tasteful fetishes at best. Its natural for you to not understand. :D

Back on topic, I had a dicussion with one of my teachers on this, and we decided the only way we could ever reach places that far away would be to master worm hole technology. Because well, unless you can bend space and time, that just leaves light speed. Fast when going to the grocery store? Yes. Fast when something is 13 trillion light years away? No.

Back