A Special Love

Wow they're getting married! :woot:

That's so lovely :love: I really love Jason...he's so sweet and I missed him the entire chapter :angelic:

How's your vacation sweetie? Not to hot up there... 'cause down here I'm melting!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

i am so sorry i haven't been replying lately. i love your story i've just been really busy getting ready for volleyball tryouts. Great work!! sorry for the inconvience :hide:

haha its funny every time i come by to say hi theres a new chappy wiaitn just for me
i cant wait HES PROPOSING
YAY

hey guys!

I know you had to wait awhile but here it is and I hope you'll enjoy it :D
All credit for this chapter goes to Ashqua because she wrote it completely. ;)
As for the rest of this story, there will be only one more update after this one. :(
See you all soon

Daddy where are we going?" Jason asked Vaughn from the back seat of his car, as they were coming back from his hockey training that day.
"We are going home, where would you like to go?"
"The rink!"
"Sorry buddy but the rink is over until next week, I need to take you home and then go back to work."
"You are working tonight?" he asked, disappointment in his voice. He didn't want his father to go back to work, he wanted Vaughn to stay with him so they could play on his PS2 or do something with his mother.
"No, I just need to get something I forgot on my desk so I can give it to my assistant, don't worry I will be home before dinner."
"Okay."

They spent the rest of the ride making small chats, talking of everything, from school to their plans for the upcoming weekend. After having kissed Sydney and eat something, Vaughn left the house to return to the JTF, not really wanting to talk with Jack, but ,not really having the choice. He wanted to make things the right way, and to do so he needed his blessing, but then, even without it he would ask to Sydney to marry him. There was no way for him to not ask her that, he wanted her to have his name, to share his life, home, bed, he wanted her to have all the things he had and more.

Jack was sitting behind his desk when Vaughn knocked on the door before walking in. He told him to take a seat before putting the file he was reading away so they could talk.
"Mr Vaughn, what can I do for you?"
"I'd like to ask you the hand of Sydney."
"Could you repeat what you've just said?" Jack asked so slowly that it scared Vaughn a little, he knew the man and how he could scare someone without even having to raise the voice.
"You've heard me right, I want to marry your daughter."
"That's what I thought, what do you think my answer will be?"
"I don't know, that’s a good question, for years I thought you were a heartless man, unable to love someone or act like a loving grandfather, but you've proved me over the last few months that you can love someone and show it."
"Is that supposed to be a compliment?" he asked him with a smile.
"Yes, Jack, I know you don't like me but the thing is that I love Sydney and Jason more than life itself, I would do everything to protect them, to prevent them from being hurt."
"I know you would."
"So do you give me your blessing?"
"Not yet, I want you to know that I will never hesitate to kill you if you ever hurt my daughter and grandson, I know you love them but that doesn't mean you won't hurt them. I know that even if we love a person we always hurt her one way or another, look at what I've done with Sydney, it's a proof of what I'm saying. I have loved her, but we spent years arguing, destroying the only link we had, just because we couldn't say I love you."
"I understand what you mean." Vaughn said softly, he knew what Jack was talking about. He was present when Sydney and her father weren't talking to each other, and he was also present when father and daughter were reunited.
"I don't think you really understand, no one will ever be good enough for my daughter, when you will have a daughter on your own you will understand."
"Jack, can we talk frankly, just this time, because I want an honest answer from you."
"What do you know about honesty? The last man my daughter dated left her as soon as the words I'm pregnant left her mouth, he had told her just five minute before how much he loved her and wanted to grow old with Sydney by his sides. Just tell me if that guy what honest?"
"Your point being?" Vaughn asked, even thought he knew what Jack was trying to tell him. Sydney had been lied to in the past, he didn't want that to happen again, it would be worse this time because there was her son, a child who called him daddy.
"Sydney was hurt once, and I'm ready to prevent that from happening again by doing everything I can."
"You can't honestly think I will ever do something to hurt Sydney or Jason!" he said angry, he didn't know what to do anymore to prove Jack how much they meant to him. "I love them, they are my family, my future, when I look at Jason, all I see is the family we are and the future children Sydney and I might have."
"And if you do, won't things change, after all you aren't Jason's biological father. How can you be sure that having children on you own, won't change your feelings toward my grandson?"
"I just do!" he shouted in frustration, "My feelings toward him won't change, I will still love him the same way, I don't care if I'm not his real father, it's easy to make a baby but it's harder to raise him, I'm here for him today, and I will still be in fifty years. As for the possibility of having other children, sure it will be great to have children with Sydney, but it's going to be the same thing, I will love them just like I love Jason, I don't care about what the others might say, you included. All that matters is giving them enough love, and loving them the same way, just like every other father on this planet, I will love my children the same way, why would I love one less than the other? Jason was unlucky to have a father like the one he has, and I'd love nothing more than to be his real father, but it's not possible, so I'm doing my best to be the best father he can have, because that the least he deserves after what he went through."

Jack crossed his arms over his chest, leaning on the back of his chair so he could look at him better, a smile slowly made its way on his face. From that moment, Vaughn knew he had proved himself as good enough to marry his daughter. He didn't even have to hear the words to know it, he got what he went for, his blessing for marrying Sydney, but she still had to say yes to his proposition.

she HAS to say yes
itd be just wrong if she didnt
i love that jack tested vaughn
and it brought out his true feelings
and omg i actually saw the update on the same day

Great chapter !! i love jack being jack . it was sweet and funny vaughn proving himself to be worthy of syd to jack . i´m sad that this fic is almost over (n) (n) (n) ,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: ,

Nanda

Hey everyone,

I'm sad to say that this is the very last chapter of my story A SPECIAL LOVE.
I'm really glad that I was able to write this together with a wonderfol writer named Ashqua.
Seriously girl, thank you because you're the best :kiss:
I also want to thank each and every single reader because you made it worth posting for. THANK YOU ALL :hug:
I hope you'll enjoy this one and I hope to see at least a few of you around when I start posting my new stories in a few months
Lots of love,
Trish

By the time that Friday finally came, Sydney still hadn’t got one single clue about what was about to happen to her and that’s exactly how Michael wanted it, because after all he wanted everything to be a surprise for her.
So when Sydney came home from work that Friday and she found Michael standing in their bedroom, packing a suitcase, she immediately started panicking.
“Michael?”
“Hey sweetie.”
”What are you doing?”
”I’m packing a suitcase.”
”I can see that but why? I mean, did I do something wrong? Are you leaving me?”
”What? No! Why would you think that?”
“Because you’re packing a bag, that’s why and frankly I don’t know what else to think of it right now.”
”Syd, come here.” But he saw the doubt that was in her eyes and suddenly his heart went out for here even more. But she came eventually and she went to sit next to him on the bed.
And as soon as she did, he grabbed her hands in his and brought them to his mouth to place a gentle kiss on it.
”Syd, I’m not leaving you. Not now, not ever, I could never leave you or Jason behind. Both of you mean so much to me that I could never live another day with myself if I did something like that. I love you both so much and you know that.”
”But why are you packing a suitcase then?”
”The suitcase is needed you silly girl because you and I will be spending the weekend in a nice romantic hotel in Santa Barbara.”
”Really?”
”yeah and since it was a surprise I wanted to have everything packed by the time you came home from work.”
”You’re perfect you know that?”
”I do now.”
”I love you.”
”I love you too.”
”I can’t believe we’re really going to spend a weekend away.”
”It’s nice, isn’t it?”
”Yeah it is…Thank you.”
”You’re welcome.”
”So when are we leaving?”
”In about an hour.”
”What are we going to do with Jason?”
”Well, I already called Francie and she’s happy to have him over for the weekend. She should be here in like thirty minutes or so. I hope you don’t mind that he has to stay home this time.”
”Of course not, I mean I love him a lot but it will do us good to have some extra time on our own.”
”It will be perfect.”
”Does Jason know?”
”Uhuh, I explained everything and he was happy for us.”
”He’s the best.”
”Well look at the person who raised him.”
”You really seem to be in your extra charming mood today huh?”
”I guess you’re right.”
”Well for the record, it makes me love you even more.”
”Good to know.”
”That’s what I thought so too.”
And just as Michael had told Sydney only a few minutes earlier, Francie arrived exactly on time and after having loaded everything they needed in Michael’s SUV and saying goodbye to both Francie and Jason, the two lovebirds got on their way to Santa Barbara.

It took them about two hours to get to Santa Barbara because there had been a lot of traffic but as soon as they checked into the beautiful hotel near the coast, all previous things were forgotten and all that mattered was the love they felt for each other.
Both soon discovered that the beauty of the hotel on the inside was nothing compared to the beauty of the rooms and the magnificent garden with it’s very colorful flowers.
”Oh god, Michael, it’s beautiful.”
”It is, isn’t it? I saw it in a travel magazine a few weeks ago and I just knew it would be prefect.”
”I can’t believe we’re finally here and especially since I’ve always wanted to come here. Oh and do you know what?”
”What?” And he could already see how excited she was about everything.
”We can go to the zoo and see the giraffe with it(s crooked neck. I’ve always wanted to see him.”
”You’re nuts you know that?”
”I do but can we please go and see him? Please?”
”Of course but I’m afraid that we’ll have to wait until tomorrow because the zoo is already closed today.”
”I know but still, we’re going!”
”You’re cute.”
”Thank you.”
”Come on let’s unpack so we can go and take a walk on the beach and eat in one of those cozy restaurants near the sea.”
”Okay.”
And when they finally went ti bed that evening, both were pretty contented about everything that had happened on their first evening in Santa Barbara. And with their arms locked around each other, they both fell asleep with a big smile on their faces.
It was barely nine o’clock that Saturday morning when Michael was awoken by Sydney who was placing sweet butterfly like kisses all over his bare chest.
Opening his eyes, he was quickly greeted by her warm and beautiful smile.
”Morning sleepy head.”
”Good morning. You seem to be in an active mood today huh?”
”Yup. Come on, get up so we can have breakfast and go see the giraffe.”
”You really want to see that one huh?”
”Yup, my parents wanted to take me once but I got sick and had to stay in bed and I never got another chance to see it. So now I really want to make sure I can go.”
”Come on then.”
”Yay!” And after getting dressed and having shared breakfast in the diner lounge of the hotel, they went to the zoo.
As soon as they got there, Sydney got even more excited by looking at every animal that could be found there and it was hard for Michael to see who was the most excited one in the entire zoo. Was it Sydney or those thousand of kids running around like little puppy dogs around their parents? But suddenly it hit him that she seemed to be the most happiest one and all of a sudden he knew what he had to do. He hadn’t planned for it to go this way, he had wanted to do it on the beach while having a romantic picnic at night, an exquisite diner made by the chef of the hotel, strawberries and champagne all included but seeing her like that, he knew this would be far more beautiful. So he called for her to turn around and as soon as she did, he took her left hand in his and bended down on one knee in the sawdust in front of the giraffe with the crooked neck.
Seeing him do this, Sydney could already feel what was about to happen and she couldn’t help it that tears were already starting to pool in her eyes.
”Michael…”
”Syd, sometimes I wake up before you do, and I watch you sleep. And I’m overwhelmed because. . .you’re so amazing. And I don’t know why I’m lucky enough to have you in my life, but you’re here with me. And I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you trying to make you as happy as you make me.”
”Vaughn…”
”I love you Syd, with all my heart and soul and I never want to spend another day without you here next to me.” And after pulling out the ring out of the box that had been in his pocket the entire morning, he asked her the question he had wanted to ask her for so long now.
“Sydney Bristow, will you marry me?” And even though the emotions got to both of them, he was still able to hear her answer in a very audible way.
”Yes, yes I’ll marry you.”
”Yeah?”
”Yeah.” And suddenly he got up on his feet, picked her up and turned her around and he didn’t care that people were giving them the eyes because all that mattered was that he and Sydney would finally become husband and wife.

EPILOGUE
Today, it was exactly seven months after that wonderful morning in Santa Barbara on which Michael had asked her to become his wife and she had gladly said yes.
She could still remember how happy she had been on that exact moment. But the happiness she had felt then was nothing compared to the happiness that she was feeling now, because today she would finally become Mrs. Michael Vaughn and the sound of it alone, already made her heart flutter.
Looking in the big person high mirror in her bedroom, she couldn’t help but smile at how exactly her life had turned out.
The pain and misery she had known with Nick was all soon forgotten when she saw what was ahead of her.
She would have the life she had always dreamed of and she would live until the end of her days next to Michael, the person who she adored and loved with her entire body, heart and soul.
They would have the perfect life together and that’s all she could have ever hoped for and more.
Before she was ready to face Jason and her soon to be husband, she took one last look at herself and her gown and she smiled when she saw again how perfectly it fitted around her now already very swollen body. Knowing that it would only take two more months before she could bring Michael’s baby into the world, made her feel perfectly content because they would finally be a real family in such a short period of time.
Smiling and glowing she picked up the beautiful flowers that represented her wedding bouquet and headed out for the aisle that would lead her to what she know was to be a perfectly happy life with Michael Vaughn.
And that’s exactly what she wanted…

THE END

Back