A walk on the Dark Side.

Hello all..I apologize for the delay in posting new chapters. But in my absence I have finished the story on my computer, so I will be posting hopefully a new chapter twice a week. I know this one is short but it is meant to be a connector to very large and important plot twist coming up. I hope everyone likes it and I'll have another one up by the end of the week.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 16: Hope Springs</span>

Sidney stared out the window of the taxi that was taking her home. Vaughn has said that he could drive her home but she insisted on going home alone. After their last encounter, she really didn't want to be around him. The taxi cab pulled into her driveway and stopped. "That's $25.50, sweetie." She had the man the cash, "Keep the change." She grabbed her suitcase and exited the cab.

Once inside she left her suitcase by the front door and threw herself down on her sofa and closed her eyes. She felt so tired, like she hadn't slept in weeks. "I hope your not planning on falling directly asleep." She leaped off the couch and spun around to see Sark leaning against her wall. They stood there for a moment just staring at each other. Sidney felt the tears well up in her eyes and before Sark even saw them, he had his arms wrapped around her. "Shhh, It's okay. Let it go...let it go." Sidney began inconsolably sobbing in his arms.

They sat there like that for what seemed like an hour. Sark gently rubbing his hand over Sidney's back, Sidney with her head resting on his shoulder. "I missed you. I don't know why but I did." "I know...I can't explain it either. I felt empty without you the whole time I was in Japan." Sidney lifted her head. "This can't be a good thing. Your my enemy and instead of shooting at you all I want to do is be with you. Sark dropped his head on Sidney's, "I know. That's why I have something to say to you." Sidney lifted her head, "What?"

"Sidney,.....wow there is no easy way to say this, so I'm going to just come right out and tell you." "Tell me what, Julian?" "Sidney, I'm British Intelligence. I'm working undercover as an operative for the past 10 years." Sidney just sat there watching him and he confessed this to her. All along he had been one of the "good guys". He lied to her, and yes it was for his job, but he lied to her. "Sidney, do you have anything to say?" Sidney raised her head and looked in directly in the eye. She slapped him so hard that she left a palm print on his face.

"Well, that's one thing." Sark replied as he gently rubbed his cheek.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 17: Nothing hurts me more, than hurting you.</span>

"Bastard. ***hole. I hate you." Sidney cried out as she started pounding on Sark's chest. Sidney could stop. He lied to her...not just to her but to everyone. This whole time he had been pretending to be something that he wasn't.

"Son of b****" she cried out. Sark grabbed her wrists before she pound on his chest again. She tried to pull free but he had his hands locked around both wrists. "Let me go or you'll lose you arms."

"Shut up."

Sidney was stunned at his response. He pushed her back on the sofa. "I didn't realize that my revelation, that by the way has officially but my life in danger, was all about you. I'm so sorry."

"F*** you."

"Oh lovely, I see that we've approached the civilized point of our conversation." Sidney stood up to leave when Sark pushed her back down again, "We're not done here. I never said you could leave."

"You don't tell me anything. Understand?"

"No. You will sit there and listen." Sidney stood up again and Sark pushed her back down again. "Sit there and listen to me for 10 mins. After that you can do what you want."

Sidney just sat there and turned her head so that she starred out the window of her living room. "I was a young man when they recruited me. In my early teens. My father had done another of things, they approached me and advised me that it was in my best interests if I folded quietly into their organization."

He sat down on the far end of the couch, " Eventually the bruises healed and the scars faded. I grew to enjoy what I was doing. I hated everything that my father was and everything he represented. Watching all of the fall apart only fueled the growing fire. Then I had my first encounter with you.

I brought it to my director attention that a merge between the 2 agencies would and could only be beneficial but he wouldn't hear of it. I was told to maintain the facade as it was." Sidney had turned and was now facing Sark who was staring straight ahead of him.

"When...when we found out that you had died. I went to my director and tried to turn in notice. I wanted out but he wouldn't have it. He said that I was just feeling my first glimpse of how truly vulnerable I was."

He turned his head so that he was looking at Sidney again. "I thought about you all the time. I would go to sleep at night and dream of what it would be like if you knew my real job.

How you would...should be walking with my arm around you instead of Vaughn's." He slowly rose to his feet. "I'm not going to apologize for following orders. But I will tell you that I am sorry I didn't tell you sooner.

I know that this is a lot for you to handle. You deserved to know...I deserved the chance to explain." Sark turned around and walked to the front door and opened it. He was about to walk out, "When you want to talk, you know where I will be."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days had passed since Sark had told Sidney about his true role in the British Intelligence. Sidney walked over to the coffee pot and poured herself another cup of coffee and leaned on the counter.

She thought of the last thing Sark said before he left. "When you want to talk, you know where I will be."She knew where he was but she still wasn't sure if she was ready to talk.

The knocking on her front door brought her attention back to focus. She walked around her counter over to the front door. When she opened the door she found herself pleasantly surprised. "Weiss!"

"Don't look to excited to see me."

"Come in." She stepped back to invite Weiss in and closed the door behind him. "I just made some coffee. Can I offer you a cup?"

"Nah...trying to lay off. Plus I just wanted to stop by on my way out to see how you are doing?" Sidney walked over to the cup of coffee she left on the counter and picked it up.

"I'm good." "Sid..." "No really, I am. I.........I feel better than I have in while."

"Okay. I saw Michael last night. He didn't mention anything about the trip." Sidney looked up at Weiss and knew he was trying to figure out if they had reunited. "Nothing happened Weiss. I will not be his excuse to get out of a loveless marriage."

He nodded at the comment. "Plus, I'm sort of...interested in something else." Sidney thought to herself about what she said. Something not someone. "Really?! Anyone I know." "No...which is nice."

She smiled at the face he gave her. "I mean it's nice that he's not involved in all of this." "Ya, I guess I can understand that. Well..either way...I'm still here for you. If you need something...." "I know. Thanks." She hugged him and thanked him for stopping by. He reminded her that they were going to the Chinese place for dinner next week and left.

Something...something not safe. Something different. Something passionate. Something not Vaughn, she thought. Maybe she would go fro a drive she thought as she walked back to her bedroom to change.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 18: (Final Chapter) What is it, if not but a dream...</span>

Before I start I want to thank everyone reading for you paitence. The reason there was so much time between chapters is because a few months ago my computer crashed and I lost everything. All the chapters I had written and saved...gone. So I had to try and write them out from memory...not fun!

I hope that everyone is happy with the results.. :hug: thanks everyone!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidney had been driving around in her car for the past hour. She had a pizza in the passengers seat and a case of coke on the floor board. She was trying not to acknowledge that she wanted to go to Sark's but her car was still pulling her there. She was now sitting in front of his house. She knew where his house was from the day she tailed his employee. It was one of those things that she stored in her memory to use at a later time. She had been sitting here for 20 mins. "You have to do something soon, Sid...he will come out and shoot before he asks who you are." She got out of the car and walked over to the other side to pick up the pizza and the coke. She closed the door and slowly walked to the front door. She pushed the doorbell before she could run away.

"Hold on Mike, someone is at the door." she heard him say from behind the door. The front door opened and he was standing there in jeans and a white tee shirt. He never looked more sexy than he did just then. "Mike, I'm going to need to call you back later. Yea...it's one of those problems." He pushed a button on the phone and laid it on the table next to him. "Well, I didn't think I would see you."

"Yea, I was just driving around and the next thing I knew I was here." "Do you want to come in?" She stood there for a second, she breifly thought that she should run away. No good could come from this..."Sure." She stepped through the door and looked around his living room. Pretty much what she had imagined. Black leather couches, book cases along the back wall filled with classics, no doubt. A large glass coffee table in the middle of the room and along the other wall was a full entertainment center. She walked over to the coffee table and laid the pizza and coke down. She turned around and saw that he was staring at her while he leaned against the wall.

"I've thought about what you said." He just kept staring at her. "I know that your revelation put you in danger. And, I am sorry that I reacted the way I did. I was upset and angry. You took a chance and I acted like a brat."

She walked over to the couch and sat down. " I know that it was difficult for you to tell me about your past. And I appreciate it, I of all people can appreciate it." She took a breath and looked down at the table. "There were times when I would look at you and I wanted you to walk over to me and kiss me. Just knock me on the floor kiss me. I had played it off in my head as just the excitement of the chase but no matter what I did I couldn't shake the feeling. When I returned, I knew that I need to find out about these feelings you were stiring in me. That's why I went to your office that day. I can't seem to get you out of my system. No matter what I do." She looked up at him, he was still leaning against the wall. "You've managed to do the one thing that no one else ever has been able to." She stood up and walked over to him and stood right in front of him. "Your inside me...all the time. I can't escape you. I can't stop thinking about you and I like it. I try to stop and I can't. I don't care what happens from this point but I know that I want it to happen together. I have to try."

They stood there for a minute just like that. He slowly lifted his hand and moved the hair out of her eyes. " I spoke with my director 2 days ago. I informed him that I wanted the merger of the 2 angencies or he was going to be excpeting my resignation. He informed me that the merger would be happening in 2 weeks." She had the most beautiful face he had ever seen. "I want to try to make this work too. I get you out of my head. Your always with me, even when you shouldn't be.

He pulled her towards him and kissed her. "You belong to me. No one else, understand me?" She nodded, unable to speak by his mouth ravaging hers. She held him there for a moment, just pretending that they were another normal couple, like anyone else. That they weren't spies working for goverment agencies and that the thing developing between them wasn't just as deadly as the people that tried to kill them on regular basis were. He pulled her head back and they looked at each other. " I know...somehow....we'll figure it out."

FIN!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I didn't want to make it too cheesy and too sexy. I hope that you guys like it. Thanks again!! :hug:

Oh, great!!!
Sad about that it's the end....
I have to re-read it all to refresh my memory, but I've always thought it was a great story, so I be back later :smiley:

I loved this fic!

I know that Sark is the ultimate Bad Boy but a story about him being a good boy pretending to be a bad boy is just as good. In that spy world that they are living in anything is possible.

Syd should've been more receptive to him being a double agent. She was one and should've known what it cost for him to reveal himself. It was only because he knew already that she was able to talk about it.

You kept my attention throughout and I enjoyed the happy ending.

Aeletha

Back