A Walk to Remember

I just re-watched this movie on DVD last night for like the millionth time and just wanted to see if anyone else loves it as much as I do. I think it's my favorite movie of all time. Anyways, I love the scene where Landon's asked his father to help save Jamie and he said he couldn't and then Landon is driving back home in so much turmoil with Switchfoot's "You" playing in the background. Such an awesome scene!

I love that Walk to Remember. I've watched it over and over. It makes me cry every single time. In the movie, i cried when Landon went over to his dad's home to thank him for his part in helping Jamie. I cried...i cried. I read the book too. It was a little different though. In the book i cried when i read the part on Landon's friends who went over to Jamie's home after learning about what she's been going through. Jamie being such a good-hearted person did not have any grudge against them. They hugged and creid. I cried too~!!

Yeah, I read the book too and it is definitely different from the movie, lol. In the book, I found it interesting how Nicholas Sparks made Landon be involved with student government and that his dad was really into politics and therefore was not around too much. I like how they made Landon a bad boy in the film version. Which version did you like better?

I think the movie. They made it more interesting this way. But then again both were so touching. Somehow the part in the book i liked which wasn't in the movie was the prom night..where Landon had no choice but to ask Jamie..and how the night turned out when Jamie saved the embarrasing situation from getting worse. Also those moments when Landon and Jamie share at the orpahange..when she gave him her Bible as a Christmas present. So many touching moments. I can go on and on. ^_^

I'm not really a big fan of this movie. The problem probably is that I read the book first and I completely fell in love with it, so I never really liked the idea of a movie coming out. In my opinion movies based on books are always a huge waste of time, except for LOTR trilogy, but I was wrong, it wasn't THAT bad, Maybe if had been able to separate the book plot from the movie I would've liked it better. The ONE thing I can't get over is the fact that they moved the whole story to the 90's. I know they did it so the teenage audience would like it better, but two of my favourite moments were the beggining when Landon starts narrating the story and the end. And both of them included him being a grown up, because that way it could really portray the fact that it was the love of a lifetime when in the movie they don't show that too well, after all it ended with him beign in his twenties.
Anyway I think both MM and SW were absolutely great in the movie, I would've never imagine she could do such a great job after the whole BS fiasco in Crossroads (I only wish I could get those two hours back!!!).

Kaiserin said:
I'm not really a big fan of this movie. The problem probably is that I read the book first and I completely fell in love with it, so I never really liked the idea of a movie coming out. In my opinion movies based on books are always a huge waste of time, except for LOTR trilogy, but I was wrong, it wasn't THAT bad, Maybe if had been able to separate the book plot from the movie I would've liked it better. The ONE thing I can't get over is the fact that they moved the whole story to the 90's. I know they did it so the teenage audience would like it better, but two of my favourite moments were the beggining when Landon starts narrating the story and the end. And both of them included him being a grown up, because that way it could really portray the fact that it was the love of a lifetime when in the movie they don't show that too well, after all it ended with him beign in his twenties.
Anyway I think both MM and SW were absolutely great in the movie, I would've never imagine she could do such a great job after the whole BS fiasco in Crossroads (I only wish I could get those two hours back!!!).
Kaiserin, i agree with u. They made the movie in such a way to catch the teenage audience. I think this way it'll be more interesting, if not it will be a slow moving drama. The only thing is that it'll be more touching ,maybe. The movie still had some parts that i liked but they changed the situation a little. Like in the book, Landon will go hiding when he's at Jamie's porch in case the neighbors sees him. In the movie, he's like the popular guy with his friends, he goes hiding in Jamie's car when they passed by his friends. Both are good in a different way.

I agree too that Mandy Moore and Shane West did a good job. Esp MM considering she is not into acting at that time.

Yea, i get what u mean when u liked the beginning and end where old Landon remembers himself as a young teenager as the story starts...just like Titanic.

:lol: Crossroads :lol: :lol: I was grateful that i didnn't waste my time and money going to the cinema. I just watched at home. I couldn't even stand it from the very beginning. :lol:

Yea, i get what u mean when u liked the beginning and end where old Landon remembers himself as a young teenager as the story starts...just like Titanic.

That's it. I love when books or movies are narrated from that perspective, it always gets to me. The old Rose in Titanic made me cry like a baby. :smiley:
:D Crossroads :D :D  I was grateful that i didnn't waste my time and money going to the cinema. I just watched at home. I couldn't even stand it from the very beginning. :D

I know!!! What a waste of time and money and I wasn't even intereted in the movie, a friend of mine draged me to see it. I wish I would have just stayed at home. I lost all faith in filmaker for a while after I saw it. I mean it, when they decided to do that movie they must've been on something. I refuse to believe that someone would conciiously do it!!!

I think by putting AWTR in the '90s was a good thing. I don't think it would have been as good if it was the exact same as the book. But I totally see your guys point of views. Crossroads did suck major! Did any of you guys get the AWTR DVD? I love it but I thought they should have put deleted scenes in there as they had cut like 36 scenes just so the movie could be PG and not PG-13. Gosh, I really want to see those deleted scenes, lol!

:eek: :eek: Did they?!! Did they really like cut 36 scenes?!!
What scenes were those?!! :lol: I could have guessed it from the rating :lol:
I wanna see too! I have the DVD! They have the music video Cry in it. ^_^

That's what imdb.com reported. I have the screensaver downloaded onto my computer and they have like over 50 pictures on there from the movie. Anyways, there are like pictures of Landon tossing a baseball in the night time and stuff so I am guessing those are the deleted scenes. Right when the movie was first released on dvd, wb had said that they will release a dvd with deleted scenes in a special edition in a few years. So I am hoping sometime soon! Fingers crossed! ;)

Oops, forgot to mention that they just released in october the special edition of the soundtrack with new packaging and three songs that weren't on the first so hopefully a dvd will soon be in the future! :smiley:

Funny I see this thread just now.. I just finished watching the movie for the second time.

It's a good movie. I liked Mandy Moore's performance. :D

OMG, I was totally crying when Landon was breaking down and the song "You" by Switchfoot was playing. So sad. :(

AliasALIAS, I agree with you. Mandy's acting was so awesome! She totally was Jamie Sullivan. I can't see anyone else in that role.

vaughnandsydney said:
Oops, forgot to mention that they just released in october the special edition of the soundtrack with new packaging and three songs that weren't on the first so hopefully a dvd will soon be in the future! :smiley:
:woot: I got the first original soundtrack. It was really worth it. Almost all of the songs i liked!!I love the song dare u to move. ^_^

Are the new songs good? Did u get it??

i saw this movie. it was good, and sad :(
the ending, when landon (btw,ive never heard thay name b4)
goes to her dad's house and says he's in med school and all, it was so cute!!
and i like the transicion and all he goes through, hes so cute building her a telescope and buying a star for her..

Lin, I bought the special editon for 9.99 so I think it was worth it. It has the song that was playing when Landon was escaping from the police at the beginning of the movie, the song that was playing when we first see Landon at school, and the song that was playing at the very beginning of the movie when the credits are rolling. And then the "Only Hope" version that is sung by Mandy Moore has Landon at the beginning saying, "All I know is, you're beautiful. Will you sing for me?" and then at the end of the song, it has Landon saying his Jamie saved his life speech. Then the CD itself comes in a digipac and the insert has WAY more pics from the movie than the original did and it also has the "Love is..." quote in it. I think it was worth it. :smiley: Plus, my original one is starting to get all scratched from how many times I play it.

I know, Okelay! It was so sweet how Landon bought her a star. If only the guy in my life would do something sweet like that, lol! (Paul, you reading this???)

i've not read the book. who wrote it???

i love the film. i saw it a friend's birthday party and it hadn't finished yet when our parents started arriving to pick us up and we all got them o wait. it was so sad. i think it would have made a bigger impact if they had shown her die or something. it was still great tho.

Back