A wizard Idea

Ravoric

Cadet
After talking about Storm or Lighting magic in another thread. I thought about the discription of a wizard. It says he can use Fire,Ice,and Stone magic.

Now i think fire and ice are completely acceptable. But doesnt stone magic sound a bit drudic? I think that would be more sutiable for druids instead of wizards. So heres a thought.

Instead of stone magic. What about Wind or Storm magic? I think it sounds more origional and fits the wizard a bit more. I mean who wouldnt want to throw a fireball and then blast a fool with lighting? No one thats right :P

Just a thought...

Who wouldn't want to manipulate rock?

They choose those elements for a reason.

Fire is going to be more damage with DOT, Stone is going to be the most defensive of the three, and ice is going to be balanced with some stuns.

Maybe. That's how I think it'll probably work out anyways. And remember, wizards can also manipulate space/time.

And rock doesn't sound that druidic. Most druids don't consider "rocks" druidic, because they're not living things, unlike plants. Druid magic is more about manipulation of living material (Plants, animals) while wizarding is more of the manipulation and creation of non-living matter (Fire, ice, earth, etc.).

And storm magic is similar to ice magic anyways.

Well I think anyway that they are using stone as one of the "typical" elemental magics you see in a lot of games. Fire,ice,earth(aka stone), and wind(aka storm) is typically what I see a lot of in rpg's magic system. With a lot more in some games.

And I agree with Darrt that when I think of druids anyway I think of them manipulating plants and animals or living things in the world. I think stone magic is right up the wizards alley.

Hopefully they won't limit it to those three elemental magics and they expand on them as the game progresses maybe using dark and light magics as well. I guess we'll have to see.

Hopefully we'll see spells that use storm or lightniing magic. Remember, the Wyr system can completely change the game with the addition of a few new Wyr.

Back