Soccer22vartan
sparklingrainbow
SpygirlAmy
sydneymicheal
texasalias2004
tunita
xMountineer02300844x
xxaliasluverxx

Thanks, chapter 5 will be up soon, coz it school holidays now YAY!

Yay, i finally finished chapter six. I'm making a policy to not post a chapter until the next chapter is finished.
Enjoy :D

Chapter 5

Throughout the next week, Vaughn kept trying to find excuses to drive Cameron to school in the hopes that he might see Sydney. On Tuesday he purposely made him late getting out of bed so he would miss the bus, and on Wednesday, he made Cameron a second lunch so he could drop it off to him in class, this attempt, Vaughn found, was successful. He knocked on the door, at around 5 mins to the lunchtime.

“Oh, Mr Vaughn” Sydney said as he poked his head around the door.
He smiled, “Oh, Hi Miss Bristow, I didn’t know you would be here” as soon as he said it, he wanted to kick himself, how could he be so stupid.
“Um, I teach this class, you knew that” she knew what he meant; he wanted to see her, she knew because she felt the same way.
“Im just bringing Cameron his lunch, he left it at home this morning” Vaughn lied.
Cameron interrupted their embarrassing conversation,
“No, I didn’t, its right here” Cameron said as he held up his Juice box and Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
“Oh, I must have made two” Vaughn said sighing.
“Mr Vaughn, can I talk to you outside for a moment” she laughed.
“Yeah” he groaned, knowing she was going to tell him he was an idiot for coming and that he shouldn’t be there.

They walked into the hallway, and when he was about to explain, she started talking.
“Ok, first of all, ‘Oh I must have made two’…you could have come up with something better than that” she said laughing.
“Oh, I know, but, ahh, forget it” He frowned.
“No, what?” she asked intrigued.
“I, just, I, I wanted to see you, that’s all” he looked down.
Sydney went pink, she didn’t know what to say, She wanted to see him too, but she didn’t know if he had a wife, if he did, she wouldn’t go there. She smiled and lifted his chin with her hand, and looked into his mystic green eyes.
“Then look,” she said, still smiling.
He looked into her eyes, and returned the smile.
“You know, I do have another lunch here, that’s going to waste, how long is your lunch break?” he asked
“1 hour, why are you wiling to share your sandwich?”
“Maybe, if you’re nice”.

The bell for lunch went and they jumped apart as the kids poured out into the hallway. In that lunch hour, they didn’t end up sharing the Peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Vaughn took Sydney to a nice street side café 5 minutes from the school. After Vaughn paid for the food, they walked along the street back towards the school. About halfway back, Sydney’s hand made it’s way into Vaughn’s and they both felt incredibly comfortable with each other. When they reached the school, Sydney let go of Vaughn and walked up the steps to the main entrance, she turned around and said,

“I hade a great time Vaughn, thanks for convincing me to leave the school for once”
“No problem Sydney, maybe we could do it again sometime?”
“Sure, I’d love t…”
She was interrupted when the bell went and Vaughn’s phone rang simultaneously. He gestured for her to stay until the phone call was over, but she shook her head, and went inside the building; she couldn’t leave a class full of seven years olds unattended.

Fortunately for Vaughn she hadn't stayed, because the phone call he received was not going to be a call you would want to overhear.

"Hello?" Vaughn said into the receiver
"Mr Vaughn, is it?" the voice asked
"Yes, and who, may I ask is calling?"
"My name is Julian Sark, you're ex-wife's attorney"
"Well, there's a new name for it" Vaughn smirked
"This is no joke, Mr Vaughn, my client…"
"Client? You're actually going to call her you're client? Oh, I could be childish and make some really good calls like for one, eh hemm…" Vaughn pretended to clear his throat "Jeez, I didn't know she was paying you, here I was thinking you were actually dating, if I was her I'd find someone else and get my money's worth, but no, I won't say that" Vaughn said laughing, he knew he was going about this the wrong way but he couldn't help it, the guy was a jerk.
"Mr Vaughn, I would like to get down to business…."
"Me too…. so could ya put somebody qualified on?"
"MR. VAUGHN, please, I wanted to inform you that my client, yes my client, received your forms about giving you full custody of Caleb, my client wanted me to tell you that she will not sign them, and is taking you to court"
"First of all, my sons name is Cameron not Caleb, and second I would expect no less from her or from you, good afternoon Mr. Sark, Mail me the details of the case, and I'll be there.” Vaughn said, and he hung up the phone.

Meanwhile, the whole situation of Vaughn and Sydney in the hallway before lunch and outside after lunch did not go un-noticed. When Sydney walked back into her classroom she was greeted by a few, Oooooooooo's and Ewwwwwwww's, she couldn't say she expected any less.

"Ok, ok, settle down" She said, but she couldn't help smiling.
All of sudden she was greeted by the small and familiar face of Cameron,

"My dad likes you, you know"
"Yeah, I thought as much" she said to him.

So that's chapter 5.

Thanks for reading
Luv Kay :love:

Awww.. I love what Cameron said to Sydney at the end.... so sweet. I'm glad he accepts her!

Lol.. I REALLY enjoyed the phonecall from Sark.. Caleb.. good job trying to sound professional there Sark. Those jokes from Vaughn were well deserved. Snort, It really does make Sark sound like a prostitute!!

Thanks, Great chapter and update again soon!! Pwease?!?

Ellie

Awwww :love: That was so cute. I love how much little Cameron knows. (Is that confusing?) Anyway thank you for the PM!!! Great chapter and I can't wait to read chapter six.

-erin :smiley:

Back