Season 3 AARRRRRRRGGGHH!1

Natalia

Cadet
Is anybody else frustrated with Vaughn?
I know he is married now, but we have gone from Syd/Vaughn being so close, to Vaughn pretending Sydney is ntothing more than a distant work colleague. I know there was the thing in Reunion, but still, Vaughn could try a bit harder to understand what it is like to be in Sydney's situation.
Maybe it's just me. I haven't seen all of the Reunion episode yet because I live in Australia, but I have seen the trancript.

I'm frustrated!!!! Frustrated waiting for this episode to download - it's taking forever. I like you natalia don't have the joy of living in the USA - i'm in UK and am dying to see this elevator scene!!! What is bugging me the most about Vaughn in episodes 1 and 2 of season 3 is that he seems undisturbed that Syd is back! Like he's not even talked to anyone (weiss!) about it!! Even if he has moved on he should still surely have some issues about the fact his dead girlfriend is back.
Did he know she was alive??? Did jack tell him?? this would also explain why jack was so suprised when he heard vaughn was married.

I wish they would have a Vaughn, Weiss scene where they discuss Sydney! Vaughn is all 'business as usual' and it's really driving me mad.

yeah im dieing to see weiss give vaughn a talk about syd and know how vaughn feels now that she is back! you know they have to have one of those guy talks!!

Is anybody else frustrated with Vaughn?
Uh, yeah. Just a LITTLE. LOL He's driving me crazy.
I don't know if it's because I'm seeing this from Syd's side or not, but I feel that he's not being all that sensitive right now. I just can't understand how he can start drinking and talking to his dead girlfriend out of the intensity of his grief, and when his dead girlfriend literally comes back to life, he's not totally blown away by this? He's handling it all so impersonally:The tranquilizer dart to the shoulder. Loved that.Not. Then there was yelling "ALRIGHT,ENOUGH!" to Sydney in the last ep, when really he didn't need to say anything at all. Dixon was in charge.
I just don't get it. Get a clue, Vaughn. She's BACK, she's not DEAD. You LOVED her. A LOT. React, ok? Just react for the love of rambaldi.

It's like he's trying so hard to protect Lauren's feelings that he's completely forgotten Sydney is a human being too. He can stay loyal to Lauren and still show Sydney he cares. It's getting to the point where Lauren is nicer to Sydney than Vaughn!

i'm actually enjoying the "business as usual" Vaughn. it makes it easier for me to hate him. if he was really sympathetic and emotional then he would seem more human. but with that statement about him not being sorry he moved on, he's on my shoot to kill list (just joking, but i am mad). i think he just doesn't know how to react, how to treat Sydney. so he probably figured the professionalism approach would be best. but it's such a shock to see him being so cold to Sydney.

Vaughn's in denial...yeah, we already knew that...but being cold, emotionally-detached, defensive guy seems to be better and a more effective way to deal with his conflicted feelings than to actually deal by having a proper talk with Sydney or at least Weiss. It seems, so far, that the only possible interactions between Syd and Vaughn is professional or one or the other pouring out their emotions thus ripping out each other's heart metaphorically speaking ie. in Syd to Vaughn in The Two and Vaughn to Syd in Succession.

I don't hate Vaughn but his stocks are plummeting for me.

Plus, remember, if Vaughn really wants to help Sydney move on, being really nice to her doesn't necessarily help her because it brings up associations of how things were when they were together. Or, he could just be going easy on himself. :shrugs: But I'm willing to give Vaughn a break (believe it or not).
;)

I just don't believe that he could treat somebody he was supposed to care about so much THAT coldly. He hasn't even acknowledged what it might be like for her. She has to deal with memories of Vaughn whether he's nice to her or not.

Back