ABC moves GA to Thursdays 9PM

Alias_Gay

Ensign
OK, I have this feeling that by next year, ABC will once again do some shoveling around and move some shows to a different night.

Considering the inmensely popularity of Grey's Anatomy ... who would have guessed? ... would you think ABC would move GA to another night? Grey's has its own following, so I am saying yes ... but which date to choose from? Which again brings me the the un-popular thursday night slots ... Would ABC dare to move GA to Thursdays at 8pm? or even 9pm? or will they decide on a less competitive night as MOnday nights at 10pm???

what do you guys think? would you want ABC to move GA out of the sunday block? if so, would it hurt the show to move to thursdays? against CBS powerhouse???

as I said before, once they put GA on, I would keep it on sunday nights ... but that's just me ... ABC thinks about ratings and where they can win the time-slots ... you know ...

here's my opinion. Thursday nights in general=deathslots! I mean, first you could be competing against popular sitcoms, The OC and ER...which is a semi-similar drama so it would be insane on Thursdays.

I hope that TPTB are a little smarter with Grey's than they were wtih Alias. I personally don't think the move from Sundays to Wednesdays...and then Thursdays was good. With the people I know that watched Alias (past tense), they never knew when it was on...so it's harder to watch. I hope that ABC continues Greys on Sunday nights :smiley:

Grey's Anatomy is a lot more popular than Alias ever was. ABC will probably not shuffle it around too much. but if it has enough of its own following, they might put it on at an earlier time on another night and put a newbie show on after it to draw in viewers.

Grey's Anatomy is a lot more popular than Alias ever was. ABC will probably not shuffle it around too much. but if it has enough of its own following, they might put it on at an earlier time on another night and put a newbie show on after it to draw in viewers.

I agree. GA is a lot popular than Alias ever was, so it would be stupid for them to move it, since it is already getting great ratings.

I don't think that ABC is going to move this show. I think they like their Sunday night domination. The only reason I can think of that ABC would use to justify moving GA is to give one of their midseason shows a chance in that spot.

well ... they decided to show last sunday's episode again in a very peculiar time-slot ... right after "Dancing with the Stars" ... at 9.30pm to 10.30pm ... this is definitely a "feeling" ground move for ABC ... they promoted the show as " a special GA ... with an all new ending" ... if thats not what I feel it is ... than I really don't know ... but ABC is thinking about it ... I can smelll the monkeys ... and tomorrow ... once the ratings come out for the night ... if ABC held its own with that line-up ... believe me ... the scheduling shuffle is on at ABC ... ;)

i'm going to kill abc if they put it on thursdays. as if i don't have enough to watch on thursdays. csi, er, without a trace. oh right, alias too. :lol:

m-c

well ... they decided to show last sunday's episode again in a very peculiar time-slot ... right after "Dancing with the Stars" ... at 9.30pm to 10.30pm ... this is definitely a "feeling" ground move for ABC ... they promoted the show as " a special GA ... with an all new ending" ... if thats not what I feel it is ... than I really don't know ... but ABC is thinking about it ... I can smelll the monkeys ... and tomorrow ... once the ratings come out for the night ... if ABC held its own with that line-up ... believe me ... the scheduling shuffle is on at ABC ... ;)
In Canada and the US it aired at 10:30 on Sunday, after the superbowl

I know ... ABC did show the episode again ... and btw I didn't see there was a new ending ... I might be wrong but the promo was to say something that never happened ... either way that episode rocked ... (y) (y)
well...this is technically a "double ep" so maybe the new ending is tomorrow?

ABC Pulls Another 'Grey's' Switch

Tuesday, February 14, 2006
02:18 PM PT

Judging from its impressive Nielsen figures, not many people missed Sunday's episode of "Grey's Anatomy." But just in case, ABC is giving viewers another chance to see it.

As it did last week, ABC will rerun the episode at 9:30 p.m. ET Thursday (Feb. 16), following "Dancing with the Stars." Normal time-slot occupant "Crumbs" will get its second straight week off opposite the Winter Olympics on NBC.

"Grey's Anatomy" is coming off the two best weeks in its short history. The show drew 38 million viewers in its post-Super Bowl slot on Feb. 5 and followed that up Sunday with an audience of 25.4 million people for the conclusion of the two-part "code black" story.

Sunday's episode beat both NBC's Olympic coverage for that hour and its ABC lead-in, "Desperate Housewives." It was the first time "Grey's" had improved upon an original episode of "Housewives."
The Thursday, Feb. 9 rebroadcast of the Super Bowl episode drew just under 10 million viewers.

From 9:30 to 10 p.m. it averaged about 10.6 million viewers, on par with what "Crumbs" has been doing in that spot. "Grey's" performed a little better among adults 18-49, drawing a 3.6 rating in its first 30 minutes compared to "Crumbs'" season average of 3.2.

An abbreviated edition of "Primetime" will follow "Grey's Anatomy" at 10:30 on Thursday.

'Anatomy' of Sunday Nights Changing

Monday, February 20, 2006

If it had happened only once, it could have been considered a fluke. But then Sunday night, it happened again. Now, we may almost have a trend on our hands.

For the second straight week, ABC's young-doctors-in-love drama "Grey's Anatomy" beat its Sunday-night lead-in, the heretofore indomitable "Desperate Housewives," in the ratings on Sunday (Feb. 19). The show's feat is all the more impressive for having taken place opposite heavier-than-usual competition from NBC's coverage of the Winter Olympics.

"Grey's Anatomy" gathered about 24.3 million viewers on Sunday, continuing a run of big audiences that began with its post-Super Bowl broadcast on Feb. 5. That episode brought in close to 38 million people, the most for the post-game program in five years.

The Super Bowl episode ended in a cliffhanger, and 25.4 million people tuned in Feb. 12 to see its resolution. That night was also the first time "Grey's Anatomy" had improved on an original "Desperate Housewives."

With the cliffhanger in the past, it wouldn't have been a shock if "Grey's" had dipped back closer to its pre-Super Bowl level, which was still pretty high -- the show averaged 17.9 million viewers per week through the end of January, ninth-best in all of primetime. But Sunday's episode maintained the momentum, beating "Housewives" again in both viewers and adults 18-49.

It's not as if the Emmy-winning "Housewives" has gone into the tank the past two weeks, either: The past two airings have drawn 23.4 million and 23.3 million viewers, slightly better than its season average.

Additionally, "Grey's" has sustained its big audience opposite Winter Olympics coverage that's also drawing around 20 million viewers. It's true that the Olympics aren't the ratings force this year that they've been in the past, but they're still a big step up from NBC's regular programming. Sunday, for example, NBC had 18.6 million viewers in the 10 p.m. hour; normal time-slot occupant "Crossing Jordan" is averaging 11.6 million for the season.

So now I am thinking that if ABC moves Grey's Anatomy ... that would be a HUGE mistake ;)

rumors are running around that ABC is thinking in moving Grey's Anatomy to monday nights at 9pm coming this fall ???

I am not sure if this would be a good idea to move GA to Mondays, but ABC won't have the Monday Night Football anymore ... so they are actually putting their faith on GA ...

^^^ Yeah, I heard that also. I hope they don't! I like Sundays! They already took away Sunday Night Alias, they can't take away Sunday Night GA too! :( :angry:

Back