ABC to End 'Alias' Run in May 2006

i live in aust and the only shows on tv that i still watch are alias and the oc. i really dont know what im going to do without alias! least i still have the dvds to watch.

least they gave us warning so we have time to accept and mourn :smiley: I remember when they suddenly canceled my all time fave show Dark Angel I was devestated - especially since it ended with so many loose ends to tie up.

all i can say is that the finale of alias better be good and better be satisfying!!!

Hey guess what guys. I've known about this for DAYS. The Web site "Blog Is the New Black" (www.blogisblack.blogspot.com) posted the story days ago, and I submitted it to this site and other Alias sites, but none of them would post them for some reason. Now that ABC released a statement, they are happy to post the story, even though they're days late. If you want to stay up on what's happenign NOW on Alias for the next few months, check it out. Especially becuase the article on that blog was great. Not only did it break the news that Alias is ending, it gave a love letter to the writers that gave them suggestions how to end the series.

Love it. Check it out.! www.blogisblack.blogspot.com

Not at all a surprise. Better to end it this way then to continue to let it run itself into the ground. At least those of you still watching will get some closure.

I first found out about it on Yahoo News - and it took me by surprise, then saddened me a bit. :cry:

But on the upside, at least the show will go out with a bang - and Jennifer Garner will now be able to concentrate on movies full-time, while raising her new family, and I wish her every success with whatever she does post-Alias. :syd4: ^_^

How sad...there were lot of rumors about that, so it's not so surprising, but it's still sad...Alias was the unique show (now with Lost) i can consider fan of...i just hope the rest of the season and the series finale to be brilliant...!

You know there are lot of shows who had more seasons, and every year was worse...so I think it's better for Alias to stop now, it gave us so strong emotions, and we will remember of Alias just like that...! :smiley:
Thanks to JJ and the entire staff, including the cast!!

This is one of the saddest day of my life although it has been expected. But the thought of announcing it to the whole wide world makes it really hard to swallow. Whatever happens, I hope the writers do give Sydney a happy ending. I think she surfers long and hard enough and I strongly feel for her even though she is a television character. That shows how attached I am to Sydney.

It's also sad that I get to see less of Jennifer Garner now unless she appears in another TV show. Hopefully she can now go on to have a successful career as a movie star. And please give her that Emmy that she deserves.

For the rest of the cast, it has been a great ride and they will all be missed especially Jack Bristow and Arvin Sloane. This is so sad... I can't stop saying the 'sad' word. I guess it was just about time. At the very least we get to enjoy 5 seasons of one of the greatest TV show I've ever witness IMHO. Good luck to all and enjoy the rest of the episodes.

Just throwing in a line here too

Yes we've been expecting this but knowing that it's a definite final release it's very sad to acknowledge those news... ;)

I've been hooked on that show since the very first episode aired. I'll never forget my WTF face at the end of the first episode 'cause I didnt' know it was a show... i was at the friend's place with no TV guide and thought it was a movie :blush:

I've never been hooked that straight away from any show EVER! JJ's a genius no matter what!

I'll always remain a devoted Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan Fan (the lattest I've been for almost 15 years now) yeah that shows how old I am :angelic:

Anyway... nuff said... I have my DVDs to watch over and over again LOL :lol: It's sad but as MV uses to say... it's a show... life goes on :rolleyes:

There's no way this will change? Not even if ratings improve in the new time-slot? I think I'm still in denial. :(

Alias has been my favourite show for the last 5 years. It's sad to hear this, and I really hope things change... or at least a kick-ass movie is made, like Serenity after Firefly's cancellation. I can't believe Threshold has been cancelled as well.

RIP Alias. It's been a good run!

I think they just made the right decision. I don't think they would have ever had back the quality which was in the first two seasons.
It is a bit sad though -_- RIP

this is so sad :cry: Alias has been my life for some years...and what now? :( and what is going to happened with this great site?? :blink:

...what a great way to wake up on a holiday...i guess tomorrow will be BLACK friday indeed....
while we all knew it was comming, it doesnt make it any easier...DVDs ahoY!
i do blame ABC for part of this, if they had just kept it on Wednesdays after Lost, none of this would have happened (or if ben haddn't impregnated Jen, but that is a different story...) o well, they better at least bring Vaughn back for the last half of the season....they owe us loyal fans back....
its still kind of unbelieveable that there jsut won't be any more new episodes....like ER that goes for 11/12 seasons?! seriously, 5 was not EVEN CLOSE to enough, I would have followed Sydney's life untill she was 65 and playing her dad's role....
..lol, a Flinkman spinoff...that would be amazing, Kevin could pull it off, and since everyone loves Marshall, close to the entire Alias Fanbase would follow him anywhere...I would....

Well, heres to hoping for some amazing last few episodes...cherish them, they are all we have left....

It's soooo sad!!! :(

But, it's been five amazing years. And hey! It's not finished yet! So, we've plenty of other episodes to watch! And I'll be there 'till the end! ;)

honestly can't say i'm surprised
-_- i'd rather have it end than live another season w/o MV and with the newbies

it was a great... well S1,S2... :lol: no i'm kidding... great run, sad to see it go :(
*holds onto DVDs forever*

Certainly not a huge surprise. The writing was on the wall when ABC moved the show to Thursday's at 8:00 pm. It was a good run of a fantastic television series. I'd love to be able to thank everyone associated with the show for 5 years of more better than worse. I've enjoyed the ride.

i think i was predicting this before the season began. what with Vaughn's death and all, i didn't expect the show to continue another year without him and for SYd to be carrying a baby around on the show while fighting badguys...plus JG would want to be there for her baby. so now we have closure. will miss it dearly.

The first thing I thought about when I heard the news was that the show might actually get an Emmy now. I've seen so many shows get cancelled and then get awards that they should have been getting a long, long time ago.

It's sad, but I kinda went into this season knowing that it was going to be the last one.

By the way, what's going to happen to this forum? I hope it'll still be availible for us even after the show is off the air.

Back