ABC to End 'Alias' Run in May 2006

....What a freaking great Thanksgiving present....

Cooking dinner and I hear on TV "...And Alias is cancelling its run..."

*Sits in Denial Bubble*

I dont want it to end :(
I wont believe it 'til the very last episode is aired...

Happy freakin' thanksgiving to whoever the heck told us all about this.

I think I kind of expected it but I was trying to remain hopeful that the ratings would go up and Alias would come back for another season. All I can say is that it has been a great 5 yrs run. The people working on ALIAS should be proud of their devoted fans all over the world. The numerous fan sights and fanfictions written about the characters prove how much we care about the show and its cast.

Hope this site continues for a very long time.

RIP ALIAS...We'll miss you.

:(

CJ

New this would happen. Still sad to hear though. I think when someone creates a show he should stay with that show till the end or at least have some involvement in it. J.J Abrahms is currently doing M.I 3 and Lost, and i think he's partly to blame for letting things slide. When he actively got involved in Season 4 the ratings went through the roof and the show got a new look although i missed the cliff-hanger endings. The show just isn't as tense and gripping as it was in the first two years. I said in a previous post that i also blame the relationship between Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan going sour after they split. I just don't think he enjoyed his work as much after that. You could see it in his eyes, they had lost that spark. Farewell Alias, I hope you give me a good ending which might pursuade me to buy seasons 3-5 on DVD!

I am boycotting ABC after this! It is great how ABC went about this!
They officially released the news to Cast and Crew tuesday.Then the obscure papers got wind.Wed..the day before thanksgiving is known as "take out the trash day" within the industry...So Alias is trash to go out.
Yes it is figuritive,but the meaning holds just the same!

I am pissed....ABC has not been behind Alias since "Lost" and "Desperate Whores" became the only shows on ABC that matter to the swarmy fat bastards that run ABC.

I am pissed at the legions of fans that ditched when Michael Vartan left!
These two aspects contributed to the demise! And they are both directly responsible!

Yes,we all knew it was going to happen....but only when ABC put ALias in thursday nights in that timeslot which has been the suicide timeslot since the 80's.ABC knew what it was doing!
And When Micheal Vartan CHOSE to leave....that just pushed it further over the edge!
So yes,we were all resigned to the idea that this was inevitable!

But it is still a bitter pill to swallow!

I hope that those that intended for this to happen are happy now!

I know its sooo sad omg what am i gonna do.....

We all guessed ((being the smart people we are)) that this would be the last season, but I think we didn't think it would actually happen!

omg im so mad, they always cancel these good shows((does anyone remember "life as we know it"?) and replace it for something so stupid!

I'm so mad and SCULDER i agree with u so much!! Ever since "Lost" and "Desperate Whores" (i like what u called that) came on Alias was like last on ABC's list of priorites.

I dont know what else to say other than im really mad and dissapointed that ABC would let such a good show go to waste.

So sad to hear, but I'm at least glad that ABC gave the writers plenty of time to wrap up loose ends and (hopefully) give us a finale to remember! For me, the ultimate finale would have all the characters we've grown to love. Besides the current cast, there would be Irina, Will, Sark, Nadia, Weiss, and Vaughn, all appearing for one last episode. That's my dream.

Oh and just a suggestion for a contest. How about a finale-writing contest, before we see the actually finale that is. I thought that might be fun. :D

Since the writers wrote excellent non-Rambaldi stories in season 4, this decision stunns me as much as the rest of you.

Alias will be missed by all who knows world class television.

R.I.P and finish with a BANG

Oh no....And this season is SOOOO good too!!! :( :( I suppose it was to be expected but still...you never fully prepare for the official announcement till it happens :(....

As sad as I am right now, I am going to try my best to live in the present: enjoying and appreciating all the anticipation that builds up before every episode, loving the feeling of running to the TV room to tape the episode at the very last minute, and becoming so involved with theh show that I get mad and yell at my TV.

So while we have more behind us than before us, I am looking forward to the rest of this amazing show.

:D

ah felgercarb well I guess it's back to cartoons for me. Alias was the only non-animated show I watched, I was preparing for this. Spongebob mama's home!

PS. Did anyone notice this article reads like a obituary? :smiley: Thought that was funny

"Alias is survived by two year old lost and MI:3" :smiley:

Back