ABCBR General Chat

Who did you delegate the sandwiches too? If it's a professional company I'm sure you'll get what you've asked for. If not get a discount on the bill.

No, I told her sister to take care of getting them made and then when I called her to get the vendor information, she told me she's making them herself. I. ALMOST. DIED. I have no idea if she is a good cook or not. If I wasn't already going to be busy doing so many other things the day of, I would have yanked them away from her. I just have to make sure they are presented properly.

The problem with a lot of this is that there are almost 100 people attending and I had to be creative budget wise, since most of it is coming out of my pocket.

Well, either way, just load the praise on the person that made the sandwiches. That way if they are bad, everyone will know who made them and not s****** behind 'your' back thinking you did them. Also, that way, if they suck, everyone will know that you didn't REALLY have anything to do with them.

Our wedding was small. So, my MIL and her sister home cooked a HUGE meal for everyone involved. It was cheaper for them than paying for all of us to dine somewhere. It was awesome! It was like a family dinner only with BOTH of our families. And since our families knew each other, they really felt more comfortable at the fellowship hall. They could talk and take their time. Then, just because, like I said we ALL knew each other FOREVER and a day, everyone pitched in to clean up. I mean, they just did. Like we were at home with each other. Very small. Very family oriented. The wedding was different, of course, 'cause it had everyone. But, as Gary and I got to know each other, we were surprised we'd never met before. Our parents had worked together at various places for YEARS AND YEARS, our sisters were in the same grade together as were our brothers. Our brothers still work together. I work with his other brother. It turned out we were 'destined' to be together, so like I said, although our rehersal dinner was not nearly as formal as most, it was completely appropriate for the family/occassion/couple involved. I mean, they had their best serving ware out and all, it was just more of an extremely nice family dinner party than a rehersal dinner.

Like you said, Lisa, it's taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary. You could totally patent that!

Heh... I love that. Heap loads of praise. I am not an out front person (can you believe I'm shy), so I am not really the "host". Her sister is. I'm just organizing the ideas and decorating the place and them I'm done.

I wonder if the baby will have green veggie aversion when you get to baby food.

I've wondered that too. One of the girls in my office said she had an aversion to beef when she was pregnant and it has taken a while for her son to like beef... (he's 2) 🤷

A week from today, I'll know whether I'm having a boy or a girl! :dancing:

Back