ABCBR General Chat

Sorry, Jenn, I must've been popping in and out when you posted your message! I do that!

FINALLY got to see Transformers this weekend. My sis met us, and we traded cars, so the arrangements were made. We had 'date night'. SO much fun! Went to eat and then to the late movie! I'll just say it was very enjoyable. Because, you know, if I go into how frickin' awesome it was, you'll all roll your eyes at my nerdiness.
My opinion of how frickin' awesome it was:
Now, for anyone that saw or sees the movie, remember this IS based on a CHILDREN'S toy line. Yes, it is a bit of a stretch. Yes, it was aimed TOWARDS children. And, yes, I realize I'm over 30. But what you must remember when you're thinking "Terri thought THIS was a good movie" (since we all have different tastes in movies) is that 1) I've LOVED Shia LaBeouf since I started watching him, he is the male version of me at his age and 2) this is what I imagined when I was playing with my brothers Transformers. Maybe not this EXACT storyline, but yeah, I imagined how big they'd be and that they'd have different personalities. And that they'd befriend humans (me in particular). And that they'd save my Barbies from certain death at the hands of the Decepticons after said Decepticons had kidnapped my Barbies ('cause you know, they were like super smart scientists disguised as frivolous beach combing girls) and held them captive in the swamp 'o slime (another popular toy during my childhood), then with the help of GIJoe and his friends, the autobots would come in, guns a blazin' and save Barbie and her friends. (Then, after my brother would leave the room - cause of course we were playing this together - Barbie and GIJoe would fall in love and get married and have babies - that looked a lot like Strawberry Shortcake and her friends, but no one ever questioned the parentage.) and would live in harmony with the autobots. So, yeah, this movie REALLY did it for me. Seriously, it was like ALL my childhood imaginings rolled into one movie with crazy good special effects and comic enough not to scare the pants off of the inner 10 year old, who while watching, oooed and ahhhed over it! Loved it.

Anyone go see it? Anyone see the JJAbrams new trailer? Thoughts?

Oh, and good morning everyone! Hope you had a great weekend.

ETA: Oh, and I could TOTALLY go into when we used to play pirates which would explain my love and fascination with POC, but there's not enough time. Let's just say that the picnic table (or if the weather was bad my brothers bunk beds) was our ship and a mason jar filled with various trinkets and buried in a field by our house was our treasure. Yeah, I had an over active imagination when I was little.

LMAO. I think all kids have great imaginations but some adults retain it and some don't.
I heard about the JJ trailer but haven't seen it. :smiley:

My dad and I are seeing HP on Friday and in 3D!

Yeah, they were showing the HP movie in 'our' IMAX theater in the city this weekend! Have you ever been to an IMAX theater? That'd be a great place to see most any movie, but especially any special effects type movie! Star Wars would've been great to see there! The screen and the seating make you feel like you're just hanging out there in space. That would be VERY cool.

Morning Ladies,

Terri - I saw the Transformers movie, yesterday afternoon. I took off because I had to return a bunch of party stuff and I caught it in the afternoon. Such a fun movie. It was written by former Alias writers Orci and Kurtzman(?) Shia LaBoeuf was great.

I mostly went because my cousin made me, because she wanted my thoughts on the JJ movie trailer. Umm... Interesting. That movie is written by Drew Goddard (former Buffy and Alias writer, current Lost writer. He wrote the ep when Ben tells Locke about the magic box that held his father and also the one with Jacob). I think this movie will have a Lost supernatural type feel to it.

The Closer was good as always... nice to step back from the intensity of last week.

I recorded Closer last night and let Kris have the remote since he says I hog it. :smiley:

BTW - He likes Burn Notice. I recorded it last week and he asked me not to watch it until we could watch it together. :smiley:

Back