ABC's Fall Schedule

Alias_Gay

Ensign
On May 17th, ABC will announce its prime-time schedule for the new TV season 2005 - 2006 ... we all know that Desperate HouseWives, Lost, Alias, Grey's Anatomy, Boston Legal, Extreme MakeOver: Home Edition, According to Jim will all be back next season ...

Most probably the Sunday line-up will be the same:
8.00pm - Extreme MakeOver - Home Edition
9.00pm - Desperate HouseWives
10.00pm - Grey's Anatomy

Then Wednesday nights, "Lost" will stay at 8.00pm, but we are not sure if "Alias" will return in the fall, or will be held back till January 2006 (I would personally would love to see ABC move "Alias" at 10.00pm)

And these are the new shows, ABC might pick-up for the new season ...

Though everyone is doing their own version of Desperate Housewives, two knockoffs might even be better than Wisteria Lane: Soccer Moms (ABC), starring Kristin Davis and Gina Torres (Alias, Firefly) as suburban, well, you know; and The Commuters (CBS), a drama about three couples with husbands who take the train each morning to NYC, starring Jeri Ryan and David Arquette.

And of course you know I have to mention the new dramas from Camp JJ Abrams (which we all know can do no wrong): The Catch (ABC), starring Greg Grunberg as a bounty hunter; and What About Brian? (ABC), starring Barry Watson as a single thirtysomething whose friends are all married.

Well, since we know promotion works ... ABC will have to do the same for these shows ... (y)

I would love it that ABC puts "Soccer Moms" at 9.00pm on Wednesday nights, after "lost" and before "Alias" ... hopefully, they will put "Boston Legal" on Tuesday nights at 10pm ... and lets just prey they can bring back "Eyes" ... ;)

ConcreteGirl said:
I think if Jennifer really is pregnant that they won't be starting the series until January.
[post="1332336"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

well, she can ... if they start filming in July ... maybe someone could kidnap her and have the team try and find her ;)

Alias has been renewed, it's just a matter of whether they plan on starting it in the fall or in January like this season.

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
I want Boston Legal back.
  :(
[post="1335258"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Boston Legal will be back next season ... hopefully on tuesday nights at 10pm ... ;)

we'll hear everything next weeks tuesday ... thats the day ABC announces its fall schedule ... and if any changes ... we'll see ... ;)

ABC (presents Tuesday)

Returning shows confirmed: According to Jim, Alias, America's Funniest Home Videos, Boston Legal, Desperate Housewives, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Monday Night Football

Pilots with good buzz:
Commander in Chief, a drama starring Geena Davis as the first female U.S. President;
Invasion, a Shaun Cassidy-produced drama about alien happenings in a small Florida town post-hurricane;
Lost and Alias creator J.J. Abrams' The Catch, a bounty hunter drama that costars comedy legend Don Rickles;
and Pros and Cons, a Billy Baldwin-led drama about ex cons who work for the government.

Other pilots in contention:
Soccer Moms, starring Sex and the City's Kristin Davis in a drama about suburban moms who work as private investigators;
Crumbs, starring Fred Savage in a comedy about two brothers, one gay and one straight, who run the family business;
Sons & Daughters, an improvised family comedy;
Freddie, a star vehicle comedy for Freddie Prinze Jr.;
Emily's Reasons Why Not, a comedy starring Heather Graham as a self-help author who can't take her own advice;
and Hot Properties, a comedy about four friends who run a New York City real estate office

These are the show that ABC will decide to put on their fall-schedule for the 2005/2006 schedule ... lets hope for the best ... and I just prey that ABC brings back "Eyes" ... ;)

NBC Hopes for Rebound, Releases Schedule

Monday May 16 7:35 PM ET

NBC's formula for erasing the memory of a bad ratings year includes a Jerry Bruckheimer-produced drama about the Pentagon, Martha Stewart picking a protege and Amy Grant criss-crossing the country to make dreams come true.

The network likely to finish an unprecedented fourth place this season said it will introduce six new series in September but said its plans could change before then.

NBC's 8 p.m. hour will look different on five nights next fall. Two of those new shows include Martha Stewart's rendition of "The Apprentice" (Wednesday) and "Three Wishes" with Grant (Friday).

"The key driver in putting this together was to affect the 8 o'clock hour," said Jeff Zucker, NBC Universal Television Group president. "It's really where we fell down this year and the ability to launch things at 9 having them self-start is nearly impossible."

NBC is canceling the fourth installment of the "Law & Order" series, "Trial By Jury," which lost star Jerry Orbach to cancer shortly after production started. NBC risked alienating producer Dick Wolf because it wanted to try some new ideas, executives said.

"American Dreams," "Third Watch," "Revelations" and the Mark Burnett/Sylvester Stallone boxing series "The Contender" also will not be returning.

"The West Wing" is moving to Sunday nights, with the campaign to replace Martin Sheen as the mythical president continuing.

Taking its place on Wednesdays will be "E-Ring," the Pentagon drama starring Dennis Hopper and Benjamin Bratt. One of the busiest producers in Hollywood, Bruckheimer also is behind the "CSI" franchise on CBS.

Illustrating how TV schedules are constantly in flux, NBC promised two other new comedies would come on the air sometime next season. Two shows not on the September schedule, "Scrubs" and "Fear Factor," will also return at some point.

Executives conceded the new schedule might not make it past this week: It will be reviewed when all the other broadcast networks release their plans. NBC is the first of the six to unveil its schedule.

"It's a lot easier to go first, as we have in the last decade, when you're operating from a position of strength," Zucker said. "We are not going to be afraid in the next week or two weeks to go back and take a second look."

NBC's troubles this year came when they were unable to replace the departing "Friends" and "Frasier" with new hits. After much soul-searching, NBC said it was returning its Thursday schedule intact, despite losing ground to CBS on what was once its most popular night.

That includes the troubled "Friends" spinoff "Joey," which hardly got a resounding vote of confidence.

"The show was a mixed bag to say the least this year creatively," said Kevin Reilly, NBC entertainment president. "I have never felt the show was broken. I felt the show was uninspired at times."

NBC also debated the wisdom of having two versions of "The Apprentice," with Stewart and Donald Trump. In the end, Reilly said the network wanted to strike while interest in Stewart was hot. He said the two shows were very different in tone.

NBC renewed "The Office" despite lousy ratings. The network scheduled only two hours of comedy for the entire week. The one new comedy: "My Name is Earl," with Jason Lee portraying a downtrodden lottery winner.

An eight-hour miniseries on the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks is also planned for next season.

NBC also announced that Ann Curry of the "Today" show will do double duty as the new co-host of "Dateline NBC" with Stone Phillips.

NBC's other new series:

_"Fathom," a drama about a new form of life lurking in the sea, starring Lake Bell of "Boston Legal."

_"Inconceivable" takes Ming-Na of "ER" and places her in another medical setting, among the doctors at a fertility clinic.

_"Four Kings," with four New York guys on the cusp of adulthood, and "Thick and Thin," starring Jessica Capshaw as a formerly fat woman, were both chosen as midseason replacements

This is very good ... for NBC that is ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those poor kids are struggling to keep up with the times ... but I gotta question somethings: why move "The West Wing" to Sunday Night, if you know you can NOT beat ABC that night ... its a sure sign NBC plans on cancelling this show by next season ...

The Amy Grant Miracle show ... couldn't they have come up with anything new ... a copy-cat of Extreme MakeOver:Home Edition ... NBC should have been the first to do these type of shows, if they really had the people at heart and not only the money they were generating in past season ... MUST SEE TV Gone Bad ... :lol:

Lets see how Martha's show does competing with "Lost" ... ;)

ABC will present its schedule today (May 17th) and I am inclining to think that due to the fact that ABC is out of ratings slump, and with great shows ... and with a good buzz for most of its new shows ... I am inclining towards "Alias" being back on TV in January 2006 ... which would be good too ... but I just hope they decide a better time, like 10pm ... "Alias" seems to do better at that time, every time ABC schedules it at that time ... but I am no ABC-Exec ... but they should think about it ...

Another thing would be, what if the show they put at 9pm after "Lost" does much better than "Alias" ... what will ABC do, or better where will they put it??? :thinking:

Can't wait to see what ABC tells its fans today ... :woot:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Jake's 'Progress' May Continue; 'Eyes' Will Stay Shut</span>

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)
With a robust list of freshman hits including "Desperate Housewives," "Lost" and "Grey's Anatomy," ABC had the year's big network television success story.

On the eve of its upfront presentation, ABC's schedule moved a step closer to complete with some unexpected reported renewals and pickups.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, ABC is likely to renew underperforming Friday comedy "Less than Perfect," as well as freshman laffers "Jake in Progress" and "Rodney." Most industry observers had predicted that at least two of those three were headed for cancellation, particularly "Jake" with its average viewership of 5.5 million viewers. "Perfect" (6.2 million) and "Rodney" (9 million with a strong "According to Jim" lead-in) were thought to be on the fence.

Other shows looking good for renewal are the first-year unscripted offerings "Wife Swap" and "Supernanny." "George Lopez" and "Hope & Faith" are on track to get new seasons as well.

Despite all of the returning shows, ABC is expected to move forward on a full slate of new dramas and comedies when its schedule is announced on Tuesday (May 17).

As many as six new dramas could begin production, led by the long-speculated "Commander-in-Chief" with Geena Davis and the quirky "Invasion." Also strong are the legal drama "In Justice" and "Night Stalker," a remake of the supernatural series from the 1970s.

Although he has as many as three dramas under consideration, "Lost" and "Alias" guru J.J. Abrams' best bet may be "What About Brian," a dramedy with Barry Watson. "The Evidence," from producer John Wells ("The West Wing"), has also gotten the green light.

The comedy offerings include such star-driven options as Freddie Prinze Jr.'s "Freddie," Heather Graham's "Emily's Reasons Why Not," Fred Savage's "Crumbs" and "Hot Properties" with Gail O'Grady. "Sons and Daughters," a single-camera comedy, seems a likely bet.

With all of the renewals and orders, that leaves several ABC offerings on the outside looking in. Midseason dramas "Blind Justice" and "Eye" both premiered to solid reviews, but with viewership of 8.7 million and 7.1 million viewers respectively, both are probably finished. Friday comedies "8 Simple Rules" and "Complete Savages" probably won't be back, nor will Tuesday's "My Wife and Kids."

Come here tuesday already ... :woot:

I hope ABC keeps "Eyes" ... please ... pretty please :angelic:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>ABC's not so desperate; "Earl's" a pearl</span>

Not nearly as desperate they were one year ago, ABC network executives unveiled a fall lineup Tuesday that is less notable for the five new additions than for the shows being shuffled around the network's schedule.

"Desperate Housewives" is staying put, but hits "Lost," "Boston Legal" and "According to Jim" will all get new time slots, as will some strugglers that ABC didn't cancel, like "George Lopez," "Rodney" and "Wife Swap." "Alias" is moving to one of TV's most competitive hours -- 7 o'clock Thursday nights -- presumably because ABC thinks Jennifer Garner's fans will follow her anywhere.

"Freddie," starring Freddie Prinze Jr., will be paired with "George Lopez" for a Latino sitcom hour that may be unprecedented on network TV. The other fall sitcom, "Hot Properties," stars Gail O'Grady in a workplace comedy centered on women. It will occupy one of the Friday-night time slots that ABC stopped trying to aim at kids sometime last season.

Also on ABC's fall schedule: "Commander in Chief," starring Geena Davis as the nation's first female president; a revival of the influential 1970s thriller "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" as seen through the eyes of a former "X-Files" writer; and "Invasion," which is ostensibly a drama about a Florida town that survives a hurricane, but seems to have a darker subtext than that.

Speaking to reporters Tuesday morning, ABC entertainment chief Stephen McPherson seemed to say that "Commander in Chief" wasn't going to be like "The West Wing."

"It's not a political story," McPherson said. "It's the story of a wife, it's the story of a mother, it's the story of a woman, it's the story of a leader." He also said Prinze, whose show is being handled by "Lopez" producer Bruce Helford, "could be a great TV star."

Gone from the fall lineup are "Jake in Progress" and "The Bachelor," which will return in January to take the place of "Monday Night Football"; and cancelled shows "Blind Justice," "8 Simple Rules," "My Wife and Kids" and "Eyes."

When football season ends for the last time on ABC (look for "Sunday Night Football" on NBC in 2006), the network will overhaul its Monday-night lineup with "Emily's Reasons Why Not," a sitcom based on Carrie Gerlach's novel about a 30-something L.A. publicist who won't commit to a man and settle down. In the TV version, Emily (Heather Graham) plays a "Tell Me About It"-styled advice giver who doesn't take her own advice.

ABC will also unveil in January another show from "Lost" and "Alias" creator J.J. Abrams called "What About Brian," which sounds a lot like an hour version of "Emily's," with a 30-something single guy in L.A. and his married friends.

Thursdays??? if its 7pm ... I wouldn't mind ... but if they decide to put it against the 8pm showdown of "Survivor" ... than there is no way, "Alias" will handle that competition ... I still say they should have just moved it up one hour after "Lost" ... :o_O:

Alias_Gay said:
Thursdays??? if its 7pm ... I wouldn't mind ... but if they decide to put it against the 8pm showdown of "Survivor" ... than there is no way, "Alias" will handle that competition ... I still say they should have just moved it up one hour after "Lost" ... :o_O:
[post="1345019"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sadly it is against Survivor and The OC, which is not good.

And I saw no mention of "The Catch" on their line up...what's up with that?

I'm still waiting for Fox's though...that was the one I was worried about.

Jamison said:
Sadly it is against Survivor and The OC, which is not good.

And I saw no mention of "The Catch" on their line up...what's up with that?
I'm still waiting for Fox's though...that was the one I was worried about.
[post="1345046"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know ... just read about the 8pm thing ... I don't care about NBC or FOX ... but CBS powerhorse "Survivor" ... there is no way to take that down ... I am mad as hell because of the move ... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I would have wanted them to delay it till January, start filming a couple of episodes, and move it to 10pm wednesday nights ...

why can't they listen to the fans??? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Alias_Gay said:
I know ... just read about the 8pm thing ... I don't care about NBC or FOX ... but CBS powerhorse "Survivor" ... there is no way to take that down ... I am mad as hell because of the move ...  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I would have wanted them to delay it till January, start filming a couple of episodes, and move it to 10pm wednesday nights ...

why can't they listen to the fans???  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
[post="1345051"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Because that would make too much sense ;)

I agree this is like show suicide. We got ratings up and actually had people happy. I loved having it with virtually no interruptions and having it run straight through, and having it air after Lost was awesome.

Oh well, not sure there's much we can do.

And I care about FOX because of Arrested Development and 24. Although both have been said they'll definitely be picked up, I still need to hear the official word.

Jamison said:
I agree this is like show suicide.  We got ratings up and actually had people happy.  I loved having it with virtually no interruptions and having it run straight through, and having it air after Lost was awesome.
[post="1345062"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exactly!! It is so show suicide. They are attempting to kill Alias. The ratings were up and people were happy. It was having its most successful season, and ABC kills it. *curses at ABC*

Back