Politics Abortion Poll: #2

Abortion #2

• I am against abortion: female (with strong religious beliefs)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am against abortion: male (with strong religious beliefs)

• I am against abortion: female (with little to no religious beliefs)

• I am against abortion: male (with little to no religious beliefs)

• I am pro-choice: female (with strong religious beliefs)

• I am pro-choice: male (with strong religious beliefs)

• I am pro- choice: female (with little to no religious beliefs)

• I am pro- choice: male (with little to no religious beliefs)

• I only believe in abortion in circumstances such as rape and incest: female

• I only believe in abortion in circumstances such as rape and incest: male

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
think the Hindus treat women appallingly, but it's an example of religious regimes should never govern people

But do they treat women anyworse than any where else? India with the world's largest concentration of women has repeatedly had femal representation in the legisalture and in power. More often than Britain

I am a pro choice religous female. I am a Roman Catholic and attend a faith school.

altho abortion is like against my religion or whatever, thats not my only reason. like many people have said, it's murder. and murder is illegal. thats not religion speaking. so whether the government and society recognize that or not, many people are not only anti-abortion because of their religious beliefs.

i personally would never have an abortion, but some people have different ideas as to what constitutes the murder of a fetus. just because i think one thing doesnt mean someone else shouldnt have the right to choose.

so even though i dont think abortion is a great thing, i think women should be allowed to choose whether or not to have the baby. sometimes its better for the child not to be born. if the mother has no means to take care of the baby, and chances are the baby would end up living on the streets, wouldnt it be better to stop such a thing for happening?

i would take back my statement if more poeple adopted, but the truth is there are too many children without good homes and not enough people willing to adopt.

vartan-lova said:
that's true but its better for a child to be living as an orphan that to not be living at all. in my opinion.
but does the child feel that way? i guess the problem is the child wouldnt know he it never existed...its such a complex situation. i guess id only agree with pro choice if it was for the right reasons, like you couldnt raise the child.

vartan-lova said:
i think id agree with it if the pregnancy endangered the mother's life.
did you read about how this women was recently made a saint because she refused to have an abortion even when she knew if she didnt she would die?

i just dont understand that. i know it was against her religious beliefs to have an abortion, but i think the baby was very sick anyway, and the mother died, so now the baby has no mother. ACTUALLY this might have happened years ago, but the woman is being made a st now.

i just dont understand that. i know it was against her religious beliefs to have an abortion, but i think the baby was very sick anyway, and the mother died, so now the baby has no mother. ACTUALLY this might have happened years ago, but the woman is being made a st now.

She had cancer and refused treatment because a secondary effect would have been the abortion of the fetus. The child survived.

This was in the past but she has been made a Saint because a miracle has been ascribed to her (the only way this can happen) A woman in South America prayed to her after loosing the amneotic fluid early in preganancy and the baby still carried to term and was healthy.

The actual reason was her devotion to motherhood and the sacrifice and example she set to others

about the religion thing, i only follow what the Church says because she states that abortion is murder and that's what i believe, even if the Church didn't say that. it's just easier to say that one follows their religion, but the truth is the reasoning behind it.

vartan-lova said:
altho abortion is like against my religion or whatever, thats not my only reason. like many people have said, it's murder. and murder is illegal. thats not religion speaking. so whether the government and society recognize that or not, many people are not only anti-abortion because of their religious beliefs.
i agree with you juss b/c are religion is against doesnt meen thats are only reason...there are so many more reasons to it....like how u said "killing the baby is murder & murder is illegall" so why do they allow abortion? why is it legal? ...killing an innocent baby for YOUR MISTAKE or juss b/c u dont want it is horrible.... ...these babies have a right to live as much as you do....so why not let them live?? and if you cant take care of it or dont want it put it up for ADOPTION .....way better off then killin your baby....and i have seen pics and i know how the "abort" the babies, (b/c mah friend did a speech on abortion), but i saw pics and it was so gross...if you saw wut they did to them and you knew wut they did ....hopefully it will change your mind....i was bout to cry b/c it was so bad

Pro-Choice - Female - Little to no religious beliefs

here's an example. in the case of lacy peterson, how come her husband might be charged with double murder if the baby wasn't born yet? wouldn't that just be like having an abortion?

If Mr. Peterson is charged with double-murder, then the gov't would have been able to set a precedent, a basis for defining when a fetus is considered a life. [I think Laci was pretty far along, though, wasn't she?] By giving the fetus, "rights", so to speak, abortions would then be rendered illegal...down the line.

I don't know about any of you all, but I personally don't feel comfortable having the government tell me what I can or cannot do with my own body. Having the gov't extend its reaches to my own private matters? Getting a bit too close to "Big Brother is watching" for me.

Would I personally have an abortion? Most likely, no...unless it is under those special circumstances already mentioned. Do I condone those who get knocked up and abort every baby they get? No...but for every one of those abortion-happy women, there exist women who need the procedure, who made the decision responsibly. And for the latter women, past, present, and future, I will continue to support Pro-Choice policies.

First of all I want to stablish that I am pro-life and because of that I only believe an abortion should be performed if the mother has been raped or she is somehow disable.
That said AliasBabe12 I think you're being a little harsh, I might not support abortion but I wouldn't acuse any woman who has went through it of being killer. I do believe that if you have a one night stand or you and your boyfriend aren't safe, you should take resposability for you actions; and even if you were safe, maybe if just happened, after all nothing is 100% safe, everything happens for a reason. And eventhough if you do go through with it you will have to carry it with you for the rest of your life, and I don't think there can be anythin worst than that, that's the one thing you can never completely leave behing, and I think that punishment enough.

Kaiserin said:
First of all I want to stablish that I am pro-life and because of that I only believe an abortion should be performed if the mother has been raped or she is somehow disable.
That said AliasBabe12 I think you're being a little harsh, I might not support abortion but I wouldn't acuse any woman who has went through it of being killer. I do believe that if you have a one night stand or you and your boyfriend aren't safe, you should take resposability for you actions; and even if you were safe, maybe if just happened, after all nothing is 100% safe, everything happens for a reason. And eventhough if you do go through with it you will have to carry it with you for the rest of your life, and I don't think there can be anythin worst than that, that's the one thing you can never completely leave behing, and I think that punishment enough.
but even if it's the result of rape and incest, i can see why people would say abortion is ok. i personally think that there are sterile couples out there who would be glad to adopt even that child that is the result of rape and incest, i dunno. very grey area. but im definitely pro-life in most cases.

hmm...yes rape and incest are gray areas. some scientists theorize that a predisposition to violence is inherited. would you want to have a child that could have a tendency toward violent reaction? plus, incest can lead to birth defects or disease because of certain genes matching up.

on another note, my family and i were recently reading some of my grandmother's journals. (she passed away a few years ago). in one entry, she gives this long dissertation on abortion. she was pro-choice, but a very religious woman. she said that in genesis, adam is a lump of clay until god breathes life into him. she believes that ababy doesn't receive it's soul until it's born and can breathe in life. anyway, i just thought it was an interesting way of looking at things.

Janny said:
I don't know about any of you all, but I personally don't feel comfortable having the government tell me what I can or cannot do with my own body. Having the gov't extend its reaches to my own private matters? Getting a bit too close to "Big Brother is watching" for me.
it's not just your body, it's also your unborn baby's.

Janny said:
\
here's an example. in the case of lacy peterson, how come her husband might be charged with double murder if the baby wasn't born yet? wouldn't that just be like having an abortion?

If Mr. Peterson is charged with double-murder, then the gov't would have been able to set a precedent, a basis for defining when a fetus is considered a life. [I think Laci was pretty far along, though, wasn't she?] By giving the fetus, "rights", so to speak, abortions would then be rendered illegal...down the line.

Would I personally have an abortion? Most likely, no...unless it is under those special circumstances already mentioned. Do I condone those who get knocked up and abort every baby they get? No...but for every one of those abortion-happy women, there exist women who need the procedure, who made the decision responsibly. And for the latter women, past, present, and future, I will continue to support Pro-Choice policies.
(y) I agree with everything you said.

Copying and pasting what was said by Aliasbabe12:

...these babies have a right to live as much as you do....so why not let them live?? and if you cant take care of it or dont want it put it up for ADOPTION .....way better off then killin your baby....and i have seen pics and i know how the "abort" the babies, (b/c mah friend did a speech on abortion), but i saw pics and it was so gross...if you saw wut they did to them and you knew wut they did ....hopefully it will change your mind....i was bout to cry b/c it was so bad

I'm guessing you didn't read what I've said about the adoption system in the other abortion thread. I hate being so repetitive... but the adoption system in the US is seriously flawed. There are too many children who grow up without a home. In a perfect world, adoption would be wonderful (I plan on adopting a child myself)... but the world is far from perfect, and adoption is not the easy answer you make it sound to be.

Okay, so pictures of abortion are gross. But pictures of surgery are gross too. All that blood... :shudders: Come to think of it, pictures of war are gross, too. Yet there are wars all the time.

As for the pictures of the aborted fetuses, i'm guessing the pictures are probably from the Right to Life people. Those pictures are actually misleading. They are pictures of fetuses aborted in the second and third trimesters... which I do believe is illegal except in case of the safety of the pregnant woman. Most of the abortions done in a year are done within the first trimester... therefore, the pictures from Right to Life are misleading.

I see the argument has switched from the other abortion thread to here. I feel like an extremely broken record, too. As I'm sure some other posters do. This is all I have to add to the argument.

Kaiserin said:
i dont think i was harsh at all....accusing a women of being a killer wasnt what was meant by my opinion....not at all....what was meant by my opinion is that killing your baby is harsh !!!!!

I am sorta against and mostly for... :thinking: ...if that made any sense... I don't know, I'm so tired... lool... anywho... I just read a book, 'Staying Fat For Sarah Byrnes' by Chris Crutcher (a GOOD GOOD auther... ;) ) and there were a lot of abortion issues in that book... a girl's boyfriend was strongly against it, but then when she got pregnant (by him), he made her get an abortion... by herself, too... I dunno... just mentioning this book for anyone who would like to read about something like this... ;) So, all in all... it depends on the situation... -_-

I think it depends in what situation you are. If you're still a teenager or you know that the child yould be badly handicapped or wouldn't live long , everyone should understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back