Politics Abortion

M

mystery_chick

Okay ya i know so typical, but this is one of the first topics that we would debate every year at our debate club at school. Now the more religious people tend to be prolife while more frivolous ppl tend to be prochoice.

Now I'm personally prochoice, I think a woman should be able to decide to do what is right for her and her body.

what about you guys?

--Mandy :angelic:

prochoice because things happen...i mean like if a teenager has sex and :rolleyes: tons of girls do that though i personally think waiting is better, and she has a baby, there's no way that she'll have any time for her baby. she'll either have to quit school or have a terribly tough time. it's sad though :( but i don't think abortion is considered killing a baby.

nance said:
prochoice because things happen...i mean like if a teenager has sex and :rolleyes: tons of girls do that though i personally think waiting is better, and she has a baby, there's no way that she'll have any time for her baby. she'll either have to quit school or have a terribly tough time. it's sad though :( but i don't think abortion is considered killing a baby.
abortion is killing what could've been a baby...a human being....its sad, but i still think its a woman's right to choose

VaughnFan13 said:
nance said:
prochoice because things happen...i mean like if a teenager has sex and :rolleyes: tons of girls do that though i personally think waiting is better, and she has a baby, there's no way that she'll have any time for her baby. she'll either have to quit school or have a terribly tough time.  it's sad though :( but i don't think abortion is considered killing a baby.
abortion is killing what could've been a baby...a human being....its sad, but i still think its a woman's right to choose
that is true but then if you put it that way, it's like murder than. :blink:

i believe that it is a womans right to choose....but i don't think it should be abused...for example...i don't think it should be the easy solution. ya know?

nance said:
VaughnFan13 said:
nance said:
prochoice because things happen...i mean like if a teenager has sex and :rolleyes: tons of girls do that though i personally think waiting is better, and she has a baby, there's no way that she'll have any time for her baby. she'll either have to quit school or have a terribly tough time.  it's sad though :( but i don't think abortion is considered killing a baby.
that is true but then if you put it that way, it's like murder than. :blink:
excatly. that was one of the points that the opposing team made last year when we had a debate tournment. but the definition of a living being is that it must survive on it's own so technically it's not murder.

actually not really, they're not that innocent and they're not a 'baby' they're fetuses. You dont' know what they can cause in this world, who knows the baby could be another hitler so no they're neither innocent nor guilty.
--mandy :angelic:

Did you know that when Hitler's mother was pregnant with him, she was considering having an abortion, and a doctor talked her out of it?

In my christian ethics class freshman year, we talked a lot about abortion and the personhood of the fetus. The thing is, we don't know for sure when the fetus starts to have personhood... it's not like we can ask it. So until that fact is something other than ambiguous, I think it needs to stay pro-choice. Just because abortion is legal doesn't mean that you have to have one, or like the idea. It's a very hard thing to do, judge morality, because everyone differs.

This is one of those very deep subjects that always get everyone going. s*** happends sometimes like rape and sometimes abortion might be the best choice. It all depends on the situation. Sometimes its the right thing to do...and sometimes a person just might be being selfish.

Existentialist said:
Did you know that when Hitler's mother was pregnant with him, she was considering having an abortion, and a doctor talked her out of it?

In my christian ethics class freshman year, we talked a lot about abortion and the personhood of the fetus. The thing is, we don't know for sure when the fetus starts to have personhood... it's not like we can ask it. So until that fact is something other than ambiguous, I think it needs to stay pro-choice. Just because abortion is legal doesn't mean that you have to have one, or like the idea. It's a very hard thing to do, judge morality, because everyone differs.
damn, she should of had that abortion. he killed 6 million jews. :sigh: -_-

and yeah, rape, i just don't feel the need to go on since we had so many debates at school :lol:

hmmmmmm well i am kinda inbetweem both. i mean i think the women should choose because we all have our free agency but do you guys really know what they do in an abortion? first they let it grow and then eventually they tear oof the arms and then the legs and they ripe the baby/fetus apart. no joke. and even though it hasn't been born yet i think it is wrong. i mean i don't wanna MAKE the women have the baby because thats not my choice but i think i am more pro-life yes i am pro-life. i DEFENITLY think abortion is WRONG!

~lauren vartan

no offense to anybody that is pro-choice just my own opioin.

uhhh sorry but do you have your facts straight? Most abortions are done within 20th week of pregnancy (5 month) to avoid complications. and rarely are abortions done after the 20th week and they DON'T tear the fetus apart. Early pregnancy abortions are done with a suction tube where the doctor inserts a tube into the uterus and bascially sucks out all the endometriums along with the fetus. Or during the latter weeks of the 20, the woman will hormone pills of Progestrone and other female hormones that plays a factor during an actual labour. So basically the endometriums sheds and the baby goes along with it.

--mandy :angelic:

Erm... actually, I think the law states that abortions must be done in the first trimester (first three months). They can be done in the second trimester (up to 6 months) ONLY if the woman's health is in danger.

Really? I've never heard of that. but is that an international law? :blink:

Back