Politics Abortion

Well Mandy, do you think killin g the bnaby is a way to mend solve and mend the problem she's made? She should have thought about the consequences. Raising the child would be the best way to make amends(sp?) to the problem. If she can't handle it, she should give it up for adoption then. Millions of couples look for children to adopt, she should have to stay with the baby, and then give it up. WHy should this potential life be taken away?

ALIAS_RULES said:
Well Mandy, do you think killin g the bnaby is a way to mend solve and mend the problem she's made? She should have thought about the consequences. Raising the child would be the best way to make amends(sp?) to the problem. If she can't handle it, she should give it up for adoption then. Millions of couples look for children to adopt, she should have to stay with the baby, and then give it up. WHy should this potential life be taken away?
Yes I really do think getting an abortion if you're not ready is the best option. Well you know maybe the guy should've thought of the consequences too. Why blame it on the woman just because she didn't take the time to think and stop the process why isn't the men responsible? And really raising as child when you know nothing about being a parent is NOT the best way to mend the problem. Not only will she screw up her life but also the life of another because obviously if you're gonna do drugs more than likely your kid will too! and again, Orphanges and foster homes are on the best places to grow up, not everyone is willing to love those kids who arnt' their own. Anyways arn't there millions of African Children who are starving already? That the 'millions of couples' can adopt?
--Mandy :angelic:

I did some research and I found some good points:
BEWARE! This will require you to read and think. lol

Abortion Experiences

About ten years ago I had an abortion. I don't feel that I have to explain my reasons, but that is the CHOICE that I legally have. I am now married & last night my husband was watching a program on TV about the pro-life movement. Being the modern woman that I am, I spoke my mind. Now I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but get serious!! These crazy people (pro-lifers) remind me of the feeble minded who get involved in cults. The sad part is that my husband is obviously one of these people. I was raised to think for myself & I don't believe anyone (especially a man) has the right to tell me what is right or wrong. Yes, I believe in God & the Holy Bible, but if God didn't want women to have this choice then "He" would NOT have given us the knowledge of modern medical science.

Abortion Experiences
I'm a senior in high school, and here is my story. At the young age of 16, my girlfriend was impregnated. I was 18 at the time. While having intercourse, our condom broke. Neither one of us realized what had happened until it was too late. Three weeks later, she tested positive on a home-pregnancy test. She then went into a clinic for further testing and help with her situation. They suggested a clinic in Chicago. The next day, she decided that an abortion was her one and only choice. We didn't have the money to pay for the abortion so she was forced to confide in her mother with her secret. Almost a month later she went to the clinic and had the procedure. Thinking back on it, if abortions were illegal, my entire life would be different than it is now. I would not be in school, and definitely not going to college (as I am doing now). I am afraid that one possibility if abortions were illegal is a so called "back-door abortion," in unsanitary conditions, which could have killed my girlfriend. I just hope the National Abortion Federation can stop Bush before it's too late.

Abortion Experiences

If I had the chance to take it all back would I still have an abortion? Yes. If abortion were illegal would I still try to have an abortion? Yes. My story is like a lot of stories, but it's mine. I was 21, fresh out of my parent's home, working full time, loving my man, having a good life. My good life stopped on the 28th of February. That was the day my period was supposed to start. That was supposed to begin another five-day delay until I could feel whole again. I knew on that day that I was pregnant. Not because of a test but because of my heart. The first thought and each thought after that was abortion. There was no other choice. Two weeks after finding out officially my company started to lay employees off. Soon I would be out of a job. How would I take care of a child? I started to gain weight quickly; by my second month I had already gained thirty pounds. Because of the weight gain my heart was becoming strained and my asthma was facing a losing battle. Pro-lifers may say my health would improve; I would find another job. But to a green young woman I was scared and felt like a failure in my parent's eyes. The only time I cried was when I looked at the sonogram at the clinic. I cried because I was not following my plan. Finish college, start career, marry husband, five years after have kids, live happily ever after. I cried because this was the child I wanted to have in eight years with my husband. This was the child I would not have because I chose not to bring it into chaos. This was the child I did not want - not now. I've always been pro-choice. I never thought I would do it, but I chose to.

I got this from a site, and I agree with them:

I am pro-choice. I am not one person, but many. Here is what I believe:

The fetus is not a human, just a mass of tissue

Abortion is safer than childbirth.

Every child should be a wanted child.

The number of abortions is relatively small.

Nobody has the right to impose their morals on me.

A woman should be able to control her own body.

Abortion must be kept legal, especially for all the rape and incest pregnancies.

If abortion is outlawed women will be forced to go to back-alley abortion clinics.

Aborting unwanted children reduces the number of abused children.

We need to remember that we are overpopulating the planet.

Planned Parenthood is a group that focuses on contraception.

"Why I am Pro-Choice" a Reader's Response

Abortion: "Why I am Pro-Choice" a religious debate

-_- Message from a Toronto Cracker -_-

Well I don't. I think abortion is wrong, there are so many other options available other than abortion. I believe abortion is like murder. How can you say a fetus is simply tissue? It will grow up you know. I have a friend who's adopted because her mother was raped and gave her up. WEll she's happy that she was given a shot at life. It's not fair to kill an innocent life, this fetus will grow and become a human.

i am definitely pro-choice, because that choice, even if i believe it to be the wrong choice, is a woman's and that woman's only. no government has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body. plus, we'd still have abortions if abortion were made illegal, they'd just be more dangerous. however, i could never have an abortion. it would kill me inside to destroy potential life. because, even if a baby is not living until it's actual birth, it does have potential life. anyway, that's just my two cents.

I'm with you Mandy. Personally, I think it all comes down to what the woman wants, and I know if it were me, I wouldn't want to carry around a child for nine months, even if I didn't have to keep it after giving birth.

xdancer said:
i am definitely pro-choice, because that choice, even if i believe it to be the wrong choice, is a woman's and that woman's only. no government has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body. plus, we'd still have abortions if abortion were made illegal, they'd just be more dangerous. however, i could never have an abortion. it would kill me inside to destroy potential life. because, even if a baby is not living until it's actual birth, it does have potential life. anyway, that's just my two cents.
Well someone has to stand up for the baby! The woman made a mistake, why does the baby need to suffer?! That makes no sense! Why not use one of the other options available rather than kill the baby?! In the article it said that people shouldn't go to "back-door abortion clinics," well they could go through the birth and then give the child up for adoption! There are other options available, abortion is wrong. Maybe in the case of rape it's ok, but if the woman can handle going through the birth and giving it up then it's better. Abortions aren't all that safe either you know.

I think that abortion should be illegal except in cases of rape or incest. Safe-haven laws should be passed in places where they are not already in effect.

ALIAS_RULES said:
Well I don't. I think abortion is wrong, there are so many other options available other than abortion. I believe abortion is like murder. How can you say a fetus is simply tissue? It will grow up you know. I have a friend who's adopted because her mother was raped and gave her up. WEll she's happy that she was given a shot at life. It's not fair to kill an innocent life, this fetus will grow and become a human.
It's o.k to be against abortion. You can't change how you feel on the issue. Howevert, it's another thing to want to abolish the right of a women to make that choice.
I feel the same way about Pro-life fanatics as I do about racists and homophobes.

And personally, I really don't give a rats arse about what a man has to say on the issue.

:lol: Message from a Toronto Cracker :lol:

ALIAS_RULES said:
Well someone has to stand up for the baby! The woman made a mistake, why does the baby need to suffer?!
:blink:
The woman made the mistake! WHATTTTTTTTTT! What about the man, you woman hatter :angry:

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
ALIAS_RULES said:
Well someone has to stand up for the baby! The woman made a mistake, why does the baby need to suffer?!
The woman made the mistake! WHATTTTTTTTTT! What about the man, you woman hatter :angry:

shouldn't the man have equal say in whether the woman has an abortion? Even if she wants to keep the baby, since it was half the man's "fault" shouldn't he have equal say in whether or not the "consequence" lives?

KateJones47 said:
SpongeBobSquarePants said:
ALIAS_RULES said:

shouldn't the man have equal say in whether the woman has an abortion? Even if she wants to keep the baby, since it was half the man's "fault" shouldn't he have equal say in whether or not the "consequence" lives?
No, he doesn't have a say. Just as I don't have a say if guys want to be sercumsized or not.

No, atleast not untill they come up with a way for the baby to be carried elsewhere (not in the mothers body).

mystery_chick said:
ALIAS_RULES said:
Yes I really do think getting an abortion if you're not ready is the best option. Well you know maybe the guy should've thought of the consequences too. Why blame it on the woman just because she didn't take the time to think and stop the process why isn't the men responsible? And really raising as child when you know nothing about being a parent is NOT the best way to mend the problem. Not only will she screw up her life but also the life of another because obviously if you're gonna do drugs more than likely your kid will too! and again, Orphanges and foster homes are on the best places to grow up, not everyone is willing to love those kids who arnt' their own. Anyways arn't there millions of African Children who are starving already? That the 'millions of couples' can adopt?
--Mandy :angelic:
Well I believe the man should be responsible also. If she isn't ready, let her give the child up for adoption. Killing it isn't the best solution ever! SHe didn't have time to think about it, ha! That's funny, I believe it was her choice to have sex in the first place. She should have thought about the consequences. Not just kill the baby because of her mistake.

Maybe it's time men were held just as responsible! Not maybe, it IS TIME for men to be held just as responsible.

-I'm just debating guys, I don't want to seem angry with any of you, I just feel passionate about the topic, like usual lol. ;)

ALIAS_RULES said:
xdancer said:
i am definitely pro-choice, because that choice, even if i believe it to be the wrong choice, is a woman's and that woman's only.  no government has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body.  plus, we'd still have abortions if abortion were made illegal, they'd just be more dangerous.  however, i could never have an abortion.  it would kill me inside to destroy potential life.  because, even if a baby is not living until it's actual birth, it does have potential life.  anyway, that's just my two cents.
Well someone has to stand up for the baby! The woman made a mistake, why does the baby need to suffer?! That makes no sense! Why not use one of the other options available rather than kill the baby?! In the article it said that people shouldn't go to "back-door abortion clinics," well they could go through the birth and then give the child up for adoption! There are other options available, abortion is wrong. Maybe in the case of rape it's ok, but if the woman can handle going through the birth and giving it up then it's better. Abortions aren't all that safe either you know.
you cannot condition something like abortion. what are you going to do, make a law requiring people apply for them? then, if they have a good cause like rape, you'll let them? that's not realistic!

the gov't is saying you can't KILL PEOPLE, not yourself, not the killer of your loved one, the rapist, ya can't run aroung killing - why we have death penalty, i dunno? i disagree there too.

what you want is not always what you can actually get. too bad. so sad, thats life!
understand the decision & consequences before making em'. This is definately something worth putting a lot of prior thought.

I'm all for womens rights, but i just don't agree with abortions. Change your haircolor, go vote, be an executive, whatever to support fellow women and all we have done. How about thanking the women who have helped us get where we are today.

I feel the same way about Pro-life fanatics as I do about racists and homophobes.

And personally, I really don't give a rats arse about what a man has to say on the issue.
ok you are right about some of the pro-life it is getting carried away, but that harsh... but really no cares about the mans right.

Back