Politics Abortion

Sarah said:
don't think the fetus is a person (or has an inviolable status) but I'd have an abortion even if you convinced me it is a person

That's what I think.

But what about if you believed that the fetus was a person, but you'd still have an abortion?
Poll option number 1 is for people who also would have an abortion even though they know that the fetus is a human.

The option states that "don't think the fetus is a person (or has an inviolable status) but I'd have an abortion even if you convinced me it is a person"

Get it? Yah, it's confussing.........the wording that is.

~~Spongy!

hotpot said:
can my comments from the other one still count?

are you taking age into consideration at all in this spongey? (not that it matters, but i feel like that would be interesting)
I'll read all the comments and put them into consideration as to whether or not I'll use them in my study.

I can't use age as a consideration because the vast majority of people here are under 25. :lol:
Meaning an age statistic wouldn't be accurate at this site.

~~Spongy!

I believe that the definition of 'living' is having barinwaves, as early fetuses do not. Therefore, if I caught it early enough, I can agree to abortion. BUT- I only think that you should have an abortion if you are raped and get pregnant. If you have a baby with your husband or boyfriend you don't want, it's your fault, not that of your unborn child.

..im posting this again.. only in a different thread ^_^

I voted that I don't believe a fetus is a person, but even if I did, I'd still have an abortion.

But, I agree that it depends on the situation. If a was in a good position and was mentally able to have the baby, then No I would not have abortion. But if the pregnancy was a result of rape, then I would have the abortion regardless if the fetus was a human or not.

I don't think the fetus is a person (or has an inviolable status) but I'd have an abortion even if you convinced me it is a person.
especially in the circumstance of rape...
i'm still torn...

I think the fetus is a person....

BUT

I would consider it in the incident of rape...other than that on personal gain...I dont think its right -_- .

part of my religious belifes is that a fetus is a person! It will be born so it will atleast become a person if not already. I am 100% against abortion unless rape is the reason your pregnant. than I can understand!

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
Sarah said:
don't think the fetus is a person (or has an inviolable status) but I'd have an abortion even if you convinced me it is a person

That's what I think.

But what about if you believed that the fetus was a person, but you'd still have an abortion?
Poll option number 1 is for people who also would have an abortion even though they know that the fetus is a human.

The option states that "don't think the fetus is a person (or has an inviolable status) but I'd have an abortion even if you convinced me it is a person"

Get it? Yah, it's confussing.........the wording that is.

~~Spongy!
Oops. :blush: Thanks for clarifying.

amanda2pt0 said:
I believe that the definition of 'living' is having barinwaves, as early fetuses do not. Therefore, if I caught it early enough, I can agree to abortion. BUT- I only think that you should have an abortion if you are raped and get pregnant. If you have a baby with your husband or boyfriend you don't want, it's your fault, not that of your unborn child.
i totally agree. if you're in a relationship and don't want to have a baby, use protection.

KikiCourt said:
I believe that a fetus is a person. I would not have an abortion.
me n my daughter agree :smiley: ......and that will never ever change not even for a second!!!!

and i know ppl are like *well if its rape....i understand and it will be possible* ....well not me it could be the ugliest/shortest/big clown feet/ bald/ huge nose/tiny lips rapist guy ......and i will still not have an abortion ....the baby is innocent....why do that to him/her .....its just wrong it wasnt their fault and it wasnt yours....but you always have the choice of adoption.....

AliasBabe12 said:
KikiCourt said:
me n my daughter agree :smiley: ......and that will never ever change not even for a second!!!!

and i know ppl are like *well if its rape....i understand and it will be possible* ....well not me it could be the ugliest/shortest/big clown feet/ bald/ huge nose/tiny lips ......and i will still not have an abortion ....the baby is innocent....why do that to him/her .....its just wrong it wasnt their fault and it wasnt yours....but you always have the choice of adoption.....
I agree. To abort the child would be punishing him/her for another's wrongdoing. I understand when people say they don't want t reminder of their painful experience, but you have the option of putting the baby up for adoption. I just can't imagine killing a child when there are so many who WANT children and can't have them.

I think that a fetus is a person and that it's wrong to have an abortion. I would give a exception to people who have been raped but any other way you should not have an abortion. I mean if you don't want the child don't end it's life. If you don't want it then why did ya do it in the first place and if you do give birth to a child and you don't want it you can always put it up for adoption which is by the way a whole lot better ^_^

AliasBabe12 said:
KikiCourt said:

and i know ppl are like *well if its rape....i understand and it will be possible* ....well not me it could be the ugliest/shortest/big clown feet/ bald/ huge nose/tiny lips rapist guy ......and i will still not have an abortion ....the baby is innocent....why do that to him/her .....its just wrong it wasnt their fault and it wasnt yours....but you always have the choice of adoption.....
I'm with them.

Princess Jeanie said:
AliasBabe12 said:
KikiCourt said:

I'm with them.
But what about the nine months before the adoption? You're just supposed to walk around and ignore all the ridicule and discrimination that you're going to face? You're supposed to put up with the possibility of the health problems you could get?

Plus you say that the baby's innocent. Say that it was a child of rape. Well, sooner or later they're going to grow up, and for all the know they got their dad's predator gene, and they're just going to continue his habits.

Sarah said:
Princess Jeanie said:
AliasBabe12 said:
KikiCourt said:

I'm with them.
But what about the nine months before the adoption? You're just supposed to walk around and ignore all the ridicule and discrimination that you're going to face? You're supposed to put up with the possibility of the health problems you could get?

Plus you say that the baby's innocent. Say that it was a child of rape. Well, sooner or later they're going to grow up, and for all the know they got their dad's predator gene, and they're just going to continue his habits.
See, this is what I have a big problem with. Because a mother *might* (and to be fair, probably will) be judged, an innocent child is a despensible casuality of the situation?? I don't think that is in anyway fair, and it isn't a good defense. The baby *is* innocent. I'm not sure if there's much or any "predator" gene, which due to genetics the child would only be 25% to 50% chance of expressing if it was an inheritable trait, we are just as much a product of our environment as we are of our genes...in a good environment, most any child can grow up healthy, happy and law abiding.

Princess Jeanie said:
Sarah said:
Princess Jeanie said:
AliasBabe12 said:
KikiCourt said:

I'm with them.

See, this is what I have a big problem with. Because a mother *might* (and to be fair, probably will) be judged, an innocent child is a despensible casuality of the situation?? I don't think that is in anyway fair, and it isn't a good defense. The baby *is* innocent. I'm not sure if there's much or any "predator" gene, which due to genetics the child would only be 25% to 50% chance of expressing if it was an inheritable trait, we are just as much a product of our environment as we are of our genes...in a good environment, most any child can grow up healthy, happy and law abiding.
IMO, the fetus isn't even a child (which is where we start basing this on our own points of view), so it's not anything as far as innoccent or guilty goes. It can't live on its own, and until it's born, nobody wants it. I know that people should have to pay for their mistakes, but having the baby isn't necessarily the best way to do that. Sometimes having the baby will cause more problems than it solves, even if it is put up for adoption. There's no guarantee that it even will be adopted.

I don't think you can judge if you've never been in the situation. Just thinking about it... A rapie is a terrifying, scarring experience,and a baby on top of that...I don't think I'd go through with it. But again, never been in that situation.

I'm pro choice but I think abortion stinks. I already went through a big long debate over this with Mystery Chick in an earlier thread on this. :smiley:

edit: oh this is for a school project. If you need my info, I wrote a lot of stuff with Mystery Chick about 5 pages back in the threads that you can use Spongy. Unless you just need the polls. She has some good stats you can use to. It's ok to copy someones stats. :smiley:

Back