Politics Abortion

dragoneyes said:
AliasBabe12 said:
KikiCourt said:
I believe that a fetus is a person. I would not have an abortion.
me n my daughter agree :smiley: ......and that will never ever change not even for a second!!!!

and i know ppl are like *well if its rape....i understand and it will be possible* ....well not me it could be the ugliest/shortest/big clown feet/ bald/ huge nose/tiny lips ......and i will still not have an abortion ....the baby is innocent....why do that to him/her .....its just wrong it wasnt their fault and it wasnt yours....but you always have the choice of adoption.....
I agree. To abort the child would be punishing him/her for another's wrongdoing. I understand when people say they don't want t reminder of their painful experience, but you have the option of putting the baby up for adoption. I just can't imagine killing a child when there are so many who WANT children and can't have them.
I also agree...But like Silverdewdrop said, its hard to decide when you've never been faced with that situation. But still, if it was rape or not, I can't see how someone would willingly kill that child.

And Sarahs comment about the nine months before the adoption, going through the ridicule and all...I agree but I can't imagine someone would ridicule you because you were raped. I know that happens but you gotta be strong and find people who can help. They have hotlines and centers you can go to help dont they?

And the child getting the genes of the father is a little farfetched in my opinion :thinking: .

i don't think the fetus is a person, but i would never have an abortion because i know i would be haunted forever for what might have been. however, i am pro-choice. every woman has the right to choose for herself.

It's everyone's own choice.. I don't think the fetus is a person and I don't see anything wrong in abortion.. And adopted kids can have real problems with the fact that they are adopted.. Why did my mom leave me, didn't she love me etc. And they spend their whole life looking for answers..

Tuulia said:
It's everyone's own choice.. I don't think the fetus is a person and I don't see anything wrong in abortion.. And adopted kids can have real problems with the fact that they are adopted.. Why did my mom leave me, didn't she love me etc. And they spend their whole life looking for answers..
At least they were given the chance to be alive and ask those questions. I would rather be looking for answers and alive...than not given life at all.

dragoneyes said:
Tuulia said:
At least they were given the chance to be alive and ask those questions. I would rather be looking for answers and alive...than not given life at all.
exactly. when you come down to it, having an abortion is taking away a potential life, and in most of places and with western people like us it's not as though the baby is not going to be able to eat or anything.

also, i had to read up on how they actually do abortions and it was soo disturbing i would never even think about having one. i mean, often, they cut up the tiny baby with a knife. and that is disgusting and disrepectful to something God has made.

dragoneyes said:
Tuulia said:
tottaly agree with you....yes when mah friend found out she was adopted it killed her....but when u find out that the adoption was for the better they will be so thankful to be alive rather than dead.

Andy said:
dragoneyes said:
AliasBabe12 said:
KikiCourt said:
me n my daughter agree :smiley: ......and that will never ever change not even for a second!!!!

and i know ppl are like *well if its rape....i understand and it will be possible* ....well not me it could be the ugliest/shortest/big clown feet/ bald/ huge nose/tiny lips ......and i will still not have an abortion ....the baby is innocent....why do that to him/her .....its just wrong it wasnt their fault and it wasnt yours....but you always have the choice of adoption.....
I agree. To abort the child would be punishing him/her for another's wrongdoing. I understand when people say they don't want t reminder of their painful experience, but you have the option of putting the baby up for adoption. I just can't imagine killing a child when there are so many who WANT children and can't have them.
I also agree...But like Silverdewdrop said, its hard to decide when you've never been faced with that situation. But still, if it was rape or not, I can't see how someone would willingly kill that child.

And Sarahs comment about the nine months before the adoption, going through the ridicule and all...I agree but I can't imagine someone would ridicule you because you were raped. I know that happens but you gotta be strong and find people who can help. They have hotlines and centers you can go to help dont they?

And the child getting the genes of the father is a little farfetched in my opinion :thinking: .
i agree with you.....the child getting its fathers genes is a little farfetched...its like your saying *the child will get the *raping* genes* thats so dumb....b/c rape is a decision not a gene and the father could have been in an enviroment that had bad influences and other bad things surrounding him making him think of rape or the weirdest/worse case of all was that he wasn't getting any and to him rape was the only decision to get sum....but that doesnt mean the child will re-inact these choices, and i bet the adopted parents are aware of how this child was born, so they can send him to a therapist if they feel the need to get the child sum help.

I am extrememly Pro-life. If you have an abortion, you are killing a life, and no one knows nor will they ever know now what that child could have grown up to be or become. The child didn't even have a chance to live. If you don't want to take care of the kid after its birth, put it up for adoption.

Some people would kill to have children of their own so I find it extremely ungrateful for these people to get abortion, especially when others are less fortunate and you could have given them the child.

Also, many people argue that a woman has a right to choose. Well, you know what, the woman did have a right to choose. And she made that choice before she slept with that guy. The possibilities of pregnancy are always there, so if people don't want kids, either use some good sort of protection, or think before you do something. This is especially the case in teen pregnancy.

Everything you do in life is an action with a consequence. One of the consequences of unprotected sex is pregnancy. The child didn't make the choice, you did, so it wouldn't be fair to them for you to have an abortion. We have to face the mistakes we make and accept the consequences as they come.

So, no, I do not agree with abortion --unless of course the mother's health is in danger, but that's a different story--

But sometimes the mother can't choose. There's sexual assault+ condoms break or are too old,ext. things happen. And the pregnancy itself is difficult, moreso if the child is unwanted.

Aliasgirl47 said:
Everything you do in life is an action with a consequence. One of the consequences of unprotected sex is pregnancy. The child didn't make the choice, you did, so it wouldn't be fair to them for you to have an abortion. We have to face the mistakes we make and accept the consequences as they come.

So, no, I do not agree with abortion --unless of course the mother's health is in danger, but that's a different story--
except sometimes the sex that they got pregnant from wasnt' a choice, and just to say it isn't fair is... not a good enough reason. Life isn't fair, for very few pregnant woman is abortion an easy decision. There are of course lots of time put into thinking about the prcoess. There are emotional wounds to heal afterwards. Also you're only thinking about the mother's mistake if she decides to have an abortion, what if it's a mistake to bring the child into this world? Lots of woman who have abortions doesn't know the first thing about taking care of babies. Would you tell me that you would rather grow up, not being taken care of the right way, not raised to today society's standards, with a single mother who could have no job with no money for you to spend?

As for abortion for health reason. I dont' agree with the fact that abortion for personal reasons is not fair while if it is for health reason it is reasonable. If you say we should take the concequences for our actions, a woman who's health is in danger because of the baby should still go ahead with birth. To get an abortion then is even more 'unfair' than getting an abortion ahead of time. It is a concious decision that a woman is making for taking away a child's life for her own. Essentially it is the same thing as saying "I can't take care of this child so I think it's the right thing to do to get an abortion." It is just as selfish, there for, i say, if abortion shoudl be allowed, it should be allowed for everyone.
--Mandy :angelic:

O.k., here’s my stance on abortion. I’m not going to be politically correct and fill my post up with useless garbage that holds absolutely no support to the issue like throwing religion and morals in.

Abortion is awesome. Abortion kills babies, who turn into kids. Kids are annoying. Kids don’t do anything but pi*s-off their hard working parents. Kids grow-up to be adults who clutter the already overpopulated planet with their endless bull sh*t.
Sure, someone might say “Well, what if you’re killing the next president?”, I say “Maybe were killing the next Hitler”. Either way, I don’t care about what doesn’t exist because it never was to begin with.
Women who walk into clinics should be applauded and given a bushel of roses instead of being picketed by religious zealots with their “MURDERER” B.S.
The less people we have in the world, the better. God bless abortionists, they make the world a better place to live in.

I’m sure religious fanatics, moralists, and hippies will have a field day with this post.
Enjoy! :D :P

~~Spongy!

:blink:

:confused:

:mellow:

:lol: :rotflmao: :sideroll: :laughbounce:

well... that definitly sheds light on this arguement :lol:

:laughbounce: Spongy, that was fantastic!

Have you read a short story called "A Modest Proposal"? I can't think of the author offhand... someone famous... but your little rant reminded me of that.

Unless you've actually been in this situation, I don't think you can honestly say what is right or wrong. Sure, there are all these theoretical situations... but unless you've had to make the decision, it's impossible to know what actually goes on inside these women's heads.

On that note, I found a very interesting site... read it at your own discretion...

i'm not sorry.net

Existentialist said:
:laughbounce: Spongy, that was fantastic!

Have you read a short story called "A Modest Proposal"? I can't think of the author offhand... someone famous... but your little rant reminded me of that.
I went to go search that title on Yahoo and found out that it was written by Jonathon Swift! Holy! Someone thinks I sound like Swift! Cool! :cool:

Hilarious, I loved when he said something along the lines of "A full grown baby is good for baking, roasting and boiling" :lol:
That man is awesome.

Basically my whole point is that people go on and on about how children and babies are the image of perfection and innocence. These people are yahoos! So I presume that they decide when a child is no longer innocent and is just another doush-bag person in the world?! Waiting for a child to lose its innocence is like waiting for a full moon to turn people into werewolves; it’s a train wreck in the making.

So all you religious zealots/moralists/hippies who keep b****ing about how abortion is murdering a vulnerable child should go lie down in the middle of a freeway during rush hour. You’re not accomplishing anything by dictating how others should live their lives.
Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not saying to people to not have children at all. I was just being sarcastic.

What I truly believe is that people shouldn’t have kids unless it’s out of love. Unless you’re planning on loving that kid and being a parent 100% throughout that kids life, than don’t have them. Kids are not toys. You can’t expect to play with them when you want than neglect them when you’re bored. You’re either in for the whole nine yards or not at all, no in between.

I’m sick of half a*sed parents who neglect their kids; thus creating stupid, annoying adults because their parents didn’t do a proper job of raising them.

Btw, if you really want to help with the stoppage of stupid offspring, you can. If you ever meet a mindless moron, kick them in the ovaries/nuts in luck that it might cause sterilization. :smiley:

~~Spongy!

My feelings on abortion are double sided. I am personally against abortion. My Christian belief is that life/souls begin at conception. Which in some people's eye's puts me in the "religious right" category, which isn't quite true.

That being said, I also believe that the abortion debate is more of a moral versus political issue. I fully understand and respect that others in my country and other countries have different sets of morality, different personal beliefs. And, while I believe that abortion is murder, I know that others do not see it the same way. Who am I to tell that person what is right for them? I don't believe I have the right to do so.

So in a way, I'm both pro-life and pro-choice. If that makes sense. :thinking:

it does make sense, amy lynn. i personally, would never have an abortion, but i strongly support a woman's right to choose. so i get what you're saying. what do y'all think about that bill about the rights of unborn victims or something?

Silverdewdrop said:
But sometimes the mother can't choose. There's sexual assault+ condoms break or are too old,ext. things happen. And the pregnancy itself is difficult, moreso if the child is unwanted.
I don't mean like rape or anything. In that case it's not her fault. I meant when it is consensual.

xdancer said:
it does make sense, amy lynn. i personally, would never have an abortion, but i strongly support a woman's right to choose. so i get what you're saying. what do y'all think about that bill about the rights of unborn victims or something?
uhhh... it's bs. ;)

Back