Drama About a Boy (2002)

Title: About a Boy

Tagline: Growing up has nothing to do with age.

Genre: Drama, Comedy, Romance

Director: Chris Weitz, Paul Weitz

Cast: Hugh Grant, Nicholas Hoult, Toni Collette, Rachel Weisz, Natalia Tena, Victoria Smurfit, Augustus Prew, Sharon Small, Madison Cook, Jordan Cook, Nicholas Hutchison, Ryan Speechley, Joseph Speechley, Denise Stephenson, Chris Webster, Isabel Brook, Orlando Thor Newman, Paulette P. Williams, Susannah Doyle, Fritha Goodey, Delma Walsh, Peter Roy, Rosalind Knight, Sian Martin, Joanne Petitt, Cathy Murphy, Mark Heap, Claire Harman, Jason Salkey, Annabelle Apsion, Russell Barr, Joyce Henderson, Jenny Galloway, Janine Duvitski, Alex Kew, Murray Lachlan Young, Matthew James Thomas, Aaron Keeling, Sidney Livingstone, Bethany Muir, Tessa Vale

Release: 2002-04-26

Runtime: 101

Plot: Will Freeman is a good-looking, smooth-talking bachelor whose primary goal in life is avoiding any kind of responsibility. But when he invents an imaginary son in order to meet attractive single moms, Will gets a hilarious lesson about life from a bright, but hopelessly geeky 12-year-old named Marcus. Now, as Will struggles to teach Marcus the art of being cool, Marcus teaches Will that you're never too old to grow up.
About a Boy (2002)

:angelic: :blush: ^_^ :D If you have seen this funny,sad,yet inspiering movie post your thoughts on it I'm sure they will all count in our lovely talk about the mvie "ABOUT A BOY"!!

I kno thats the best part of the movie LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

About A Boy is a really good movie and I really like Hugh Grant and the boy was okay too ya that scene that you mentioned was good

all i hafta say is..."I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style. And so i came to see him, to listen for a while. And there he was this young boy, a stranger to my eyes. Strummin my pain with his fingers (one time) singin my life with his words (two times) killin me softly with his song, killin me softly, with his song, tellin my whole life, with his words. Killin me softly, with his song...." :lol:

:lol: I loved this movie! I read the book by nick hornby first, and I have to say, it's one of the few excellent book-to-screen adaptations I've ever seen!

ooo... I just loved, loved, loved it! and in response to your post, the_alliance, I shall quote directly from the movie: "and there I was, killing them softly with my song. and not too softly either." :D

:lol:

I've seen this movie long ago, so I don't really remembe a lot.
but I remember pretty good that scene when they have their gi at school .laughing:
,,Killing my sooooooooffffftllyyyyyy...!!!!!!

It's a good movie but I have to say I liked the book more. If you liked the movie, you'll definitely love the book!

This is my favorite movie of 2002. This is without a doubt Hugh Grant's best performance yet. My favorite scene was when he brought out the guitar for Marcus' performance and all of a sudden Will started getting booed on stage. It was also funny when Marcus just decided to break up an argument between Will and Marcus' mother by saying, "COWABUNGA!"

church of mammals said:
This is my favorite movie of 2002.  This is without a doubt Hugh Grant's best performance yet.  My favorite scene was when he brought out the guitar for Marcus' performance and all of a sudden Will started getting booed on stage.  It was also funny when Marcus just decided to break up an argument between Will and Marcus' mother by saying, "COWABUNGA!"
[post="1315767"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

haha i know i love this movie! hugh grant is soo funny! "oh marcus wouldnt kill a duck, would you marcus?" LOL and i luv the part where marcus makes Will take him and his mum out on a 'date' hahah "and as for his mum, she was clearly insane and appeard to be wearing some sort of yetti costume" haha he said that just after marcus said he made her wear her nice furry jumper haha. and i know im rambeling here but the part where marcus' mum repeats what he says lol. ok thats it for now.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database