MILLION DOLLAR BABY
Dark Horse:Sideways

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM:
SHREK 2
DH-THE INCREDIBLES

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE:

Don Cheadle - HOTEL RWANDA
Jamie Foxx - RAY

Neither of these men are dark horses. It is wonderful that both of them have been recognized and they are no longer "underrated" anymore.

I am quite upset Christian Bale was overlooked for his performance in "The Machinist"

Leo, sweet Leo, I know that you covet dear Oscar but I just don't see it happening for you this year. Maybe..just maybe, like Berger from Sex and the City said, "He's just not that into you."

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:

Morgan Freeman - MILLION DOLLAR BABY
Give this man an Oscar already!!!!!!! He should have gotten it for Shawshank Redemption, curse you Oscars!!!

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE:

Hilary Swank - MILLION DOLLAR BABY
DH-Kate Winslet - ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
They should stop nominating her, if they never intend to give her an award. They're turning her into Susan Lucci, hell even worse because she's never won!

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:
Cate Blanchett - The Aviator
DH-Sophie Okonedo - HOTEL RWANDA

Well, I consider my Dark Horse or DH picks to be my surprises. I mean, Sideways was the best overall reviewed film of the year but it is a comedy and the Oscars usually lean towards dramas.

mexico city said:
here are the nominees in the top categories:

Best Picture
The Aviator
Finding Neverland
Million Dollar Baby(MDB)
Ray
Sideways
^^didnt see any, but i pick the aviator

Best Director
Martin Scorcese-Aviator
Clint Eastwood-MDB---my pick
Taylor Hackford-Ray
Alexander Payne-Sideways
Mike Leigh-Vera Drake

Best Actor
Don Cheadle-Hotel Rwanda
Johnny Depp-Finding Neverland
Leonardo DiCaprio-Aviator
Clint Eastwood-MDB
Jamie Foxx-Ray---My pick

Best Actress
Annette Benning-Being Julia
Catalina Sandino Moreno-Maria Full of Grace
Imelda Staunton-Vera Drake
Hillary Swank-MDB----my pick
Kate Winslet-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Best Supporting Actor
Alan Alda-Aviator---My pick
Jamie Foxx-Collateral
Morgan Freeman-MDB
Thomas Haden Church-Sideways
Clive Owen-Closer

Best Supporting Actress
Cate Blanchett-Aviator
Laura Linney-Kinsey
Virginia Madsen-Sideways
Sophie Okonedo-Hotel Rwanda
Natalie Portman-Closer----My pick

Whom do you choose??
[post="1233452"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm not really feelin' it....I really liked Beyonce's performance though. It was really good.

ETA: Emmy Rossum looked really pretty. Wow!

and uhm, why is Beyonce perfoming again? one performance is enough!

I was very happy that Jamie Fox, Morgan Freeman and Cate Blanchet won.
I was surprised that Million Dollar Baby won, I really thought the Aviator would win.

And what was with Beyonce singing three times? Couldn't they get anyone else?

Actually, she was only supposed to sing "Believe" and Minnie Driver was supposed to sing the other two songs but the producers decided to go with Beyonce.

The best part was when Morgan Freeman won.

Also, Chris Rock mocking Jude Law, Colin Farrell, and Nicole Kidman was hilarious. Sean Penn really needs to shut up. He has NO sense of humor.

I also really loved Kate Winslett's dress and I hope she gets her own Oscar soon.

Kate definitely deserves to get an Oscar and looked fabulous last night.

Chris was pretty great as well and yes, Mr. Penn really needs to lighten up. I can't believe that is the same man who starred in "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" as Spicolli. It was a joke man.

I am thrilled for Morgan and it was about freakin' time! lol

What did you think about the show itself? I thought Chris Rock was Hot and Cold. I enjoyed his opening monolog (sp?) alot, but after that things went down hill abit. The bit with Adam Sandler was real bad, not even funny.

The other part was the changes to the show, as far as the awards given to the "none actors". I didn't like it when they went into the crowd to give the award. I thought it cheepened the whole things. But I did think it was very appropriate when they had all of the candidates on stage when the award was given. I thought that was a good way of honoring everyone nominated in that catagory.

Then 3rd, my favorite, the clothes. Who did you like and who didn't you like?

Best Dressed: Virginia Madson, Cate Blancett and Kate Winslet

Worst Dressed: Scarlet Johanson and Hilary Swank

ConcreteGirl said:
I was very happy that Jamie Fox, Morgan Freeman and Cate Blanchet won.
I was surprised that Million Dollar Baby won, I really thought the Aviator would win.

And what was with Beyonce singing three times?  Couldn't they get anyone else?
[post="1236858"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Actually, Minnie Driver was supposed to sing the song that was from Phantom of the Opera (the one she sang in the actual movie I think) but they decided to have Beyonce do it instead. I'm sure that didn't inflate her enormous ego anymore than it already is ... :rolleyes:

ConcreteGirl said:
Then 3rd, my favorite, the clothes.  Who did you like and who didn't you like?

Best Dressed:  Virginia Madson, Cate Blancett and Kate Winslet

Worst Dressed:  Scarlet Johanson and Hilary Swank
[post="1237901"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Best Dressed: Cate Blancett, Gwenyth Paltrow, Halley Barry (sp?)

Worst: Hilary Swank (despite her oscar)

I'm really, really, really glad that Jamie Fox won. Ray was absolutely amazng because of him. :love:
--Mandy :angelic:

sugababyboo said:
Chris was pretty great as well and yes, Mr. Penn really needs to lighten up.  I can't believe that is the same man who starred in "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" as Spicolli.  It was a joke man.
[post="1237758"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

God I forgot that Penn was Spicolli! What happened to him? Who put the stick up his ass? I actually think that if I was Jude Law I would feel worse that someone felt the need to defend me than about the joke itself.

I really didn't get why, when Swank won, the announcer voice lady had to say, "This is the first time a female has been nominated for playing a boxer" or something like that. WTF?

I think Kate Winslet was best dressed, I love the color blue.

Yes, I think it's a compliment when someone is parodied on SNL or made fun of by a popular comedian, it means that you're in the public's conscious and Jude was in a lot of movies this past year!

Back