Accents

LOL! steve erwin rocks!!!! he's sooo funny! "woah, did ya just see that?"

omg steve rocks!!! i love the crocodile hunter(sp)!! thats one of my fav shows!! omg i love him!!
and ugh i hate southern accents too!! hey yall!! omg that would drive me up a wall!! my little sister went to sc awhile ago to visit my sister at college and she swore she picked the accent up and i was like kate nope no way!!she was still thinks she still has it and im like what are you smoking!!

lmao!!! me and my bro used to watch steve erwin!!! but i dont have time anymore :confused: and i like JG saying the whole southern thing! but its like certain people who say it... okee maybe you don't get it but hehehe LOL!

I like southern accents sometimes. When it's just a soft drawl it's cute, but not the really thick ones.
I was trying to do a Russian accent the other day, and it was so funny! It was sort of German-French-Spanish-Russian. Seriously, I sounded so stupid. My friends all think I'm nuts now!

Southern accents are so much fun, but I HATE it when people try to do it, and can't. Like my friend, we're reading Raisin in the SUn in English, and we act it out, and NOT ONLY can't she act, but her southern accent sounds just like her regular speaking, that you wouldn't catch if you weren't paying attention. BUT SHE WAS TRYING TOO HARD! IT WAS DRIVING ME INSANE!!

I mean, I'm not saying my accents perfect, but its pretty decent, and NOT AS BAD AS HERS :shudder:

omg i remember reading raison in the sun and then we had to watch the movie!! it was pretty boring!! my sisters roomate has a southern accent and when she first met her it drove her nuts but now she is use to it! and i love jg accent in endgame in the drugstore!! omg thats one thing that drove me nuts living in wv!! but i cracked me up to hear her talk like that!! :D

I love cockney and all the aussie accents...I love aussies. I was on Bondi beach, and there were some really fine looking surfers, and then I flirted hopelessly and stuff. But I love it! I hate that accent that sports commentators in the US always seem to have. It drives me up the wall! And the Cape Flats accent, but I don't think any of you know that one. :smiley:

When i speak English i have no Dutch accent. Did you ever hear a Dutch person speak English? I think that sounds very weird.

But when i speak Dutch i sound Frisian and that's what i don't like!!
My teacher always says that in my past life i must have been British or an American. Well i don't know.

Apparently my French sounds french Canadian, I am canadian, but I didn't really learn much French over there. Peculiar. And I have decided that I like the accent from a Mexican speaking English. It's cute ;)

kouk said:
When i speak English i have no Dutch accent. Did you ever hear a Dutch person speak English? I think that sounds very weird.

But when i speak Dutch i sound Frisian and that's what i don't like!!
My teacher always says that in my past life i must have been British or an American. Well i don't know.
Its like in goldmember

I don't really mind accents. Except when they're reeeaaaaaaally heavy like my mom's parents, they're like gudda de buck and they mean get the book and not good you buck.... :lol:

Back