Drama Act of Valor (2012)

Boreas

Scout
Title: Act of Valor

Tagline: The only easy day was yesterday.

Genre: Action, Thriller, War

Director: Mike McCoy, Scott Waugh

Cast: Roselyn Sánchez, Emilio Rivera, Gonzalo Menendez, Marissa Labog, Nestor Serrano, Alex Veadov, Drea Castro, Nick Gomez, Jason Cottle, Alexander Asefa, Jeffrey Barnachea, Kenny Calderon, Raul Canizales II, Sam Cespedes, Jimmy Chhiu, Charles Chiyangwa, Antoni Corone, Jesse Cotton, Craig H. Davidson, Juan Diaz, Aurelius DiBarsanti, Pedro Sergio Escobedo, Ailsa Marshall, Dimiter D. Marinov, Thomas Rosales Jr., Marc Margulies, Dan Southworth, Reginald Long, Philip Un, Keo Woolford, Sarifa Salanga, Nicko Sabado, Conrad Garcia, Christian Mante, Henry Pinpin, Ernie Reyes Jr., Sonny Sison, Carla Jimenez, Ed Abel Pineda, Angela Mora, Artie Malesci, Maria Juani, Aspen Widowson, Lydia Lane, Gilbert Rosales, Sebastian Rey, Victor Palacios, Jeymi Ramos, Mario Perez, Rick Shuster, Beth Waugh

Release: 2012-02-24

Runtime: 110

Plot: When a covert mission to rescue a kidnapped CIA operative uncovers a chilling plot, an elite, highly trained U.S. SEAL team speeds to hotspots around the globe, racing against the clock to stop a deadly terrorist attack.
Act of Valor (2012)

I just saw a movie recently - finally, the first movie since like last August - called Act of Valor which I ended up enjoying a lot more than I expected. As for acting chops and actual character development, both were negligible, but holy cow the action sequence, cinematography and army logistic operations they showed were awesome. I found out later that all the Navy SEALS in the movie are actual, active duty SEALS, which explained all those quite realistic and, in some ways, understated action sequences.

Any body seen this film and, if yes, what did you think?

That's the Peter Berg film, right? I haven't seen it yet but friends have recommended that I both read the book and watch the movie.
Nope, directed by Mike McCoy and Steve Waugh. Well worth watching. I think it got a lot of criticism as a propaganda film which, in my opinion, only highlights how far to the Left mainstream cultural/popular opinion has shifted over the last 50 years that a simple film depicting soldiers in an honourable light is panned. And I'm talking as a non-American.

Nope, directed by Mike McCoy and Steve Waugh. Well worth watching. I think it got a lot of criticism as a propaganda film which, in my opinion, only highlights how far to the Left mainstream cultural/popular opinion has shifted over the last 50 years that a simple film depicting soldiers in an honourable light is panned. And I'm talking as a non-American.
Yep, you're right, with Peter Berg I was thinking of Lone Survivor, the one about Marcus Luttrell with Mark Wahlberg.

I had to look up Act of Valor on Wikipedia and as soon as I did I remember this one now, the commercials that aired back then were making of point of there being actual US Navy Seals. I don't remember it being politicized much here in the US, unlike the current 13 Hours which has become a hot topic in the States thanks to the upcoming elections.

Netflix shows Act of Valor as being available on DVD but not streaming but when I get home I'll see if any of the channels I get on cable have it available for streaming. :smiley: