Ad Free Streaming on Hulu

AlienView

StarGate Explorer
I just received a promotional offer from Hulu for ad-free streaming for 11.99 a month. Right now I have Netflix which always was ad-free but the amount of good sci-fi is limited and thay do not carry older good sci-fi series.
Hulu always had a bigger database but I could not stand the ads. I was going to try their one week free offer but right off the bat I looked up "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and sure enough they weren't streaming it. So the question is have any of you tried this new ad free version? Or, have any of you used Hulu in the past - How good is its sci-fi offerings?

I'm on Netflix also; between that and paying for FiOS TV my budget for TV is maxed so Hulu would have to really offer something great to get me to pay. We have Amazon Prime also but don't really use it for video. That will change though when The Man in the High Castle episodes are available.

Note that Hulu movies, Even those available on Hulu+ are not that much different from those available on Netflix.

I use Hulu to rewatch old stuff that I just want to play for distraction.
I also use Crackle (with AdBlockPlus extention) with no ads but pauses for the ad duration.
Like Hulu and Netflix, Crackle has about the same movies available.
Nothing special and many of the movies are also available on Youtube.

Here are some links:
Just noticed Crackle is blank? Crackle - Watch Movies Online, Free TV Shows, & Original Online Series
Browse Movies - Hulu
Dish Anywhere
Netflix - Watch TV Shows Online, Watch Movies Online

There is also Walmart InstantWatch & Vudu

Shop Instawatch : Instawatch - Walmart.com
Video On Demand - VUDU - Walmart.com

Don't Forget that if you go to the network webpage and check there are full episodes available to stream usually about 1 day after the episode airs.

Documentary Heaven has youtube type documentary videos for free
Home

If You are into old movies in public domain there are two sites I use
OpenFlix :: Public Domain Movies
Feature Films : Free Movies : Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Plus, There are a billion link aggregators that list the movies and give you links to the streams sources.
A few from my bookmarks on speeddial

There are public and private forums that also offer linking services
I belong to The Collective which is a Science fiction based community that streams many channels of all Star Trek, Dr Who, Babylon 5 and many others. Lo, the site is by invitation only. Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Back