AFK EXPing

Xblood

Cadet
i really really really really really hope it wont be possible to AFK EXP in this game.. like you have a pet and just go afk and the MOB will attack your pet and your pet kills it. and then you just leave the game on for like 2 days you come back and you have gained like 2 levels.. i know sometimes it may sound good to AFK exp but back in my EQOA days i would train afkers.. just to imagine there face when they came back and they did not gain those 2 levels there dead muwhahahhahaahhahahhahahaha.... but im trying to say afk exping sucks and it shouldnt be possible.. ways to stop it... dont make camps make MOBs have a random spawn in the zone

Xblood said:
i really really really really really hope it wont be possible to AFK EXP in this game.. like you have a pet and just go afk and the MOB will attack your pet and your pet kills it. and then you just leave the game on for like 2 days you come back and you have gained like 2 levels.. i know sometimes it may sound good to AFK exp but back in my EQOA days i would train afkers.. just to imagine there face when they came back and they did not gain those 2 levels there dead muwhahahhahaahhahahhahahaha.... but im trying to say afk exping sucks and it shouldnt be possible.. ways to stop it... dont make camps make MOBs have a random spawn in the zone

DOH! I hope HJ puts Executioner or Player Bounties on all AFK XP'ers.

That'd be awesome, Thaos. Like, it sets them so you can openly attack them, then places a price on their head... sweet... *savors the flavor*

Any other games do this, or did you just come up with it?

What would be lovely is if a GM could teleaport them to a local city jail cell and fine them, then boot them off the game. When they try to return they fined themselves banned for 7 days. (Due to jail sentence) Repeat offenders would be banned for life.

They'd have to make the jail in a place you could visit even without breaking a rule... Otherwise, I might be tempted to do something stupid, just to get tossed in jail. I mean, I couldn't just not see the place...

They could also do like CoH/CoV... mobs will not spawn in an area where a player is. That settles it fairly quick, no?

~ Jaraeth

I don't belive they should implement any sort of ban via in-game jail. It willl just piss people off, they should just have to pay a fine.

As for FFXI jail.

ffxijail2.jpg

ffxijail1.jpg

lmao wait be4 you ban me can you do a /panic lol i remember i had my taru and people would come up to me asking me to do it

As with L2, lots of people took up "jobs" as bot hunters to track down bots where they were farming and kill them repeatedly until they got the hint. As in the case with the new mmo, RF Online, several GM's would go around to farming locations with god-like mechas, try to engage in casual conversation with the bots, if the attempts failed, they would slaughter the bots. In any case, if pvp isnt an option in killing bots and macro users, then they better expect alot of trained mobs on their arses 24/7. Im totally against botting and using macros. I was one of the few players in SWG who actually grinded out a full template jedi without resorting to afk-grinding. Although my brain hurt severely after the year and a half it took, I was proud of myself nonetheless, lol. In fact, I was so against the afk-grinders in SWG, I had a BH/MP/CM alt in which I used to hunt down the afk jedi myself from time to time, heh.

If by rested xp you mean the +% blue bar as seen in WoW, then heck yes. I loved the blue bar. It allowed me to level up three characters to level 60 all at once.

But of course, I'm with the rest of you on the issue of afk grinding, macroing and botting. A good ol' mob training does wonders in these situations. That is, if you're not able to gain some reprieve for your bot-stomping needs by killing them yourself.

I really did enjoy the rested EXP. If you left for vacation for 2 weeks, it was super easy to catch right back up. However, it wasn't meant for someone who played every day, but did give a nice 10% boost during a nights rest. Hopefully Hero's Journey wont even have to incorporate a system like that, and I don't think they will have to either.

Even if something like this is solved, there will ALWAYS be cheap ways to get xp. And where there are cheap ways to get XP, there will be people exploiting that.

Im sorry but you all are CRAZY if you wouldn't want to run a macro program and sit their not have to do anything and gain xp. Just think you would never have to play the game you spend $15 a month on and you would be the best char on the server since you would be logged in 24/7. Doesn't that sound like so much fun. My gosh I can't contain my excitement.

/sarcasm off

hj-sylveria said:
So what's your feeling about rested xp as opposed to macro xp?

Another question! ZOMG.../flee

Actually I DONT like rested exp. I started using it it early in WoW, then once I saw that it was actually hurting my ablity to keep myself equiped, I made sure I NEVER slept in a inn. If you gain most of your exp through "rested" exp, you will have close to 50% less cash avaliable to you, something that is very vital in the item based game WoW is. I ended up needed to farm to get a mount.

frostydf2 said:
I don't belive they should implement any sort of ban via in-game jail. It willl just piss people off, they should just have to pay a fine.

Pissing people off that are macroing and basically cheating doesn't bother me.
-----------------------------------------
hj-sylveria said:
So what's your feeling about rested xp as opposed to macro xp?

I don't like that 'just' sitting somewhere will allow you to gain exp if thats what you mean. It goes back to those cheater types. They'll just stay logged in forever taking up space and acting like a zombie.

Now if you mean that you absorb exp quicker when resting from recent activities thats different. If you want to avoid people just staying out in the field hackin and slashin for days on end straight, not even picking up their loot (litter bugs) well then I'm for that. Taking time between a stretch of battles is ok and might lead to less camping of an area. God forbid a person might actually have a time to socialize some.

I never played WoW so I don't know how I feel about that resting exp set up.

i like the rested XP but it shouldnt be that much XP givin you know what im saying? so you would rather go out and hunt then just sit in town it will be quicker.. but when your bored and you dont feel like xping and just talking and laughing its a good way to keep you up to your friends so when you go out and actuly xp after like 3 days of not xping youll gain a level in like 5mins.. but no AFKing because i know ill train an afker and then they will try to ban me and thats like saying its good to AFK xp

Back