*After All, It Has To Be You*

starrynic

Cadet
Title: After All, It Has To Be You

Disclaimer: All characters belong to JJ. I only own the story here :D

Author: starrynic

Rating: PG 13

Summary: This is post x3.17 “The Frame”, after Vaughn’s phone call to Sydney, telling her that he has gotten back together with Lauren, but it doesn’t just end there, and more happens my way……

A/N: This is my first S/V fanfic; any kind comments are greatly appreciated!

Chapter 1

“Hello.” Sydney, seated on her couch, answered her ringing phone.

“Hi.” It was Vaughn’s deep, somewhat hushed voice on the other end.

“Hi.”

“I’m sorry about how I got pulled away earlier…” Vaughn explained.

“How is she?” Sydney asked, expressing genuine concern for Lauren.

“It’s hard, dealing with her father’s death and betrayal.”

Silence for a moment, Sydney breathed in, her heart beating faster by the minute, she continued.

“Are you at Eric’s?”

“No.” Vaughn sucked in his breath and mumbled.

Sydney’s face broke into a soft sob, and trying hard to cover it up, she responded.

“Well I guess we won’t be getting that cup of coffee…”

“No we’re not.” Vaughn answered as a matter of factly.

“Ok I’m gonna go now…” Sydney, devastated, forced the words out, placing the receiver down.

“Syd…” Vaughn cried, but it was too late. The line went dead.

Vaughn, resigned, returned to bed and glanced over at Lauren sleeping on the other side. He turned his head and looked at his bedroom wall straight ahead of him, with distress overwhelming him, grappling him. He just did it. He knew it. He has just accomplished shattering the heart of the one person he loved most. His heart ached horribly, as if it were torn apart. God, he thought, why why why? He remembered how he thought himself as Sydney’s guardian angel, how he has tried with all his might to keep her out of harm’s way, how he wanted just to love her with all he has, how all he wanted in the world was to see her smile, how he would give everything up to protect her. But why has he become the person now to have caused her so much hurt and pain? Vaughn sighed, and in an instant he swore he could feel Sydney’s warm tears on his face, see her rueful brown eyes staring at him, imploring him, urging him…

“Don’t do this to me…Vaughn…” Sydney’s voice softly echoed.

Vaughn woke up, startled. He realized that he had fallen asleep. He looked at the clock on his bedside table and it was 3am. Lauren was still fast asleep. He has to do something, Vaughn made up his mind. He can’t bear the thought of Sydney being hurt in any way imaginable, physically or emotionally. He can’t stand to even think of Sydney crying alone, and worst of all, he was the one who made her. That thought made Vaughn felt like he had been given a sharp kick in his stomach, and the pain slowly, torturously extended to his heart now, making him tinge with guilt.

1 hour later

Sydney was roused from her restless sleep by her cell phone ringing. She opened her heavy eyelids slowly and tried to recall the events before she fell asleep. Her conversation with Vaughn flashed in her mind instantaneously and before she knew it, she can feel her tears welling up in her eyes again. The endless ringing of her cell brought her back to earth and she picked it up by her bedside.

“Hello.” Sydney answered, her left hand wiping the tears off her face.

“Syd, it’s me.”

“Vaughn?” Sydney’s eyes widened in confusion.

“Yes Syd, we need to talk, I mean, I really need to talk to you.”

“Now? What time is it now?” Sydney said incredulously, looking around her and realizing it was still dark.

“Syd, I’m outside your door now.” Vaughn replied.

Chapter 2

My very first fic, hope you all enjoyed it! Pls give your comments guys, thanks! :blush:

omg, you just left it there?! i want more! pweeeease? :angelic: definitely to be continued!! cant wait to see where it goes.. hehe, fluff!!

and i cant believe he's just standing outside her door.. hehe, you're evil to just leave it hanging there! update soon hopefully? and could i pwetty please get a pm when you update? ^_^

Cai
x

I loved this first chapter I really want to know what Vaughn is going to tell to Sydney :P , I can't wait for more.
Please PM me when your next chapter is up.
Thanks

Amazing beginning !!!!

I'm feeling so sad for both of them :cry: I can't wait to see how their discussion will go.

I would be glad to be part of your pm list :blush:

Thank you

Sabrina

:love: :angel2:

OMG! *jumps up and down* I can't believe you ended it there! Please Update soon! and a PM would be greatly appreciated!

you know what?? thats the first fan fic i ever read!! hihi...

and its because of you il be searching this board for more fan fics!! arrggghhh!!!

why did you end it there? cmon... cmon... chapter 2 please...

dont leave us hanging girl!!

:eek: OMG! :eek:

Yes it's to be continued!!!! :jump:

OMV i cant believe you stopped there! :jawdrop:

Lolz PLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE update this sooooon! Can i get a pm?

Aly xx :angelnot:

Back