*After All, It Has To Be You*

It better be one of two things:

1. She is lying and is not pregnant at all

or

2. It's Sark's baby.

It better not be Michael's.

otherwise, you are evil.

:shock: baby?! baby?! nooo.. she cant have a baby!! this cant be true, this cant be true.. argh!! nicki!! *sniffle* :( stupid baby.. grr.. <_<

update soon!! hehe i wanna see what happens..

Cai
x

With that, Logan gave Sydney a huge smile and left.
--> with those dimples showing.. geez.. love it when she does that!

Sydney glanced through the huge window pane of the ICU and saw Lauren by Vaughn’s bedside. Vaughn was lying there with his eyes closed, motionless, weak and vulnerable. Lauren had her head beside Vaughn and her hands holding on to his. It seemed that she had fallen asleep.
--> WHAT THE!?!?!?! get out of there.. !!!

“You are just not gonna give up, are you? Tell me, what do you need from me to leave my husband? Because I’m telling you, I’m not going to give him up.” She continued, while slowly walking towards Sydney.
--> vaughn was never lauren's to begin with. she couldnt give up something/someone who isnt really hers to begin with.

Within a spilt second, Lauren gave Sydney a huge slap across her face. Even Jack was too slow to forestall that slap but he immediately grabbed Lauren’s arm and pushed her against the wall, pinning her down.
--> now way to go spydaddy!!! i just called jack, spydaddy, right?? hihihihi!

“And please, I beg of you, please give me my Michael back. I can’t lose him now. No….I need him now. I don’t want my baby to be born without his father…Please Sydney, I beg of you.” Lauren was crying now. Her voice quivered and shook as she said that. Upon hearing that sentence, Jack let go of Lauren and she slumped down onto the floor slowly, her back against the wall, in tears.
--> <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>WHAT THE!!?!?!</span> this cant be happening.. this cant be happening....

I'm gonna be out of town for 2 weeks, and that means fewer updates. But not to worry, I'll still be able to get online, so if you all luv this fic, pls pls pls REVIEW and I'll try my bestest to update!! All of your reviews are VERY MUCH APPRECIATED and they are what keeps me writing!!! thanks guys!
--> so you are actually going!!! well.. have fun nicki!!! and bring your camera with you... just in case youll stumble upon our jen.. hehehehe! tc girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>GODSPEEEEDDDDD!!!</span>

I DID NOT READ THAT LAUREN IS GONNA HAVE VAUGHN´S BABY!!!!!

NOP,NO I DIDNT!!!CANT HAPPEN.NO WAY,CANT POSSIBLY BE TRUE.

Cant wait for more.thanx 4 d pm.

Please tell me that woman(and i use the word loosely) is still suffereing from delusions thinking she is pregnant. If she is I hope its not micheal's.

Good update...Please update soon
Thanks for the pm keep em comin

she is somewhere else... flew to... :shh: i think she hasnt come back yet... starrynic! update... update!!! its me gee gee!!!

i miss our babble... :cry:

Please update soon. This is an excellent story, except for the witch being preggers that is. Please let it be a delusion or not Vaughn's. Please add me to your PM list. Thank you.

Hey guys, sorry to keep you waiting for this chappy, to make up for it, here is a long update. Hope you all enjoy it!! And as always, pls R/R! :smiley: Thank you!! Your reviews mean ALOT to me!! :D

A refresher from the the last chappy,

Sydney was horrified by Lauren’s outburst and sudden attack on her. Her right cheek felt hot and flushed from the slap.

“And please, I beg of you, please give me my Michael back. I can’t lose him now. No….I need him now. I don’t want my baby to be born without his father…Please Sydney, I beg of you.” Lauren was crying now. Her voice quivered and shook as she said that. Upon hearing that sentence, Jack let go of Lauren and she slumped down onto the floor slowly, her back against the wall, in tears.

Chapter 8

Sydney opened her eyes and found herself in total darkness. Where was she? She thought to herself. Looking around her, she could see nothing. Far, far away she could see a dim, yellow light illuminating weakly. Sydney decided to go towards the direction of the light. She inched herself forward cautiously, in the dark, with both her arms outstretched and hands feeling around her to see if she would knock into anything. But there was nothing, but air, and darkness. As she walked closer to the light, she realized that the light came from the crevice under a closed door. Looking around her, Sydney could see nothing but the closed door in front of her. She decided to open the door. As she turned the doorknob, she heard some voices and cries of a baby distinctively. Sydney opened the door a little and peeked through it.

There he was. Vaughn. He was all smiles, and in his normal clothes. That wasn’t a hospital room he was in, he wasn’t lying on the hospital bed, in a coma. Oh Vaughn has woken up! He’s all right now! At that moment, that was the first thing that came to Sydney’s mind. All she wanted to do was to open that door and run to him, hug him close and cry tears of relief. But before she could do that, she heard Vaughn speak, with softness and adoration in his voice.

“Hey my little princess, come here.” Vaughn squatted down, with both his arms outstretched, in a welcoming manner.

Still standing behind the door, Sydney opened the door a little more to have a view of who was on the other side of Vaughn. A little blond girl with curls, around the age of 1 or 2, started to strut unsteadily towards Vaughn. After taking two steps, the little girl tripped and fell face down. She wailed instantly. Vaughn got up immediately and went to the little girl. As he held her up and checked her face and knees for any cut or bruise, she appeared. Lauren.

“What’s wrong, Michael?” Lauren turned to the little girl and fussed over her motherly.

“She fell while trying to walk on her own. I checked her. She’s fine. Sweetie, stop crying now. Mummy’s here.”

Sydney gasped. Vaughn, Lauren and the little girl. They were a family! Lauren had given birth to Vaughn’s daughter! And Vaughn had went back to his wife! Sydney felt her throat tighten, her heart seemed to have stopped beating. Tears now streamed down her face. She had lost Vaughn once again. To Lauren. She felt her head spinning, trying hard to take in what she had just witnessed. Just then, Sydney felt something tugging at her khaki pants. She looked down and saw the little blond girl staring up at her. She had beautiful green eyes, just like her Daddy. Her cute round face was framed with gorgeous blond curls and her little hand was still tugging at her pants. Sydney squatted herself down to be at eye level with the little girl. With a huge innocent smile, the little girl extended her little hand and touched Sydney’s face. Genuinely surprised at the gesture, Sydney couldn’t help but smile back weakly, through her tears, her hand soothing the curls of the little girl, and tucking them behind her ear.

Out of nowhere, suddenly, Sydney felt a huge, forceful slap across her face. She turned her head back to the little girl but it was not the little girl’s cute round face anymore. It was Lauren’s face instead. To her horror of horrors, that little girl with Lauren’s face threw her head backwards and laughed sinisterly, saying: “You are no match for me, Sydney Bristow………hahahahaha……Vaughn’s mine, and forever will be!”

Sydney screamed and woke up in cold sweat. She looked around her and found herself in her own bed. Her heart was still pounding as she realized she just had a nightmare. She recollected the events that happened earlier that day. Lauren had broken down and pleaded with her on both her knees to leave Vaughn. And yes. Sydney remembered. Lauren had told her that she was pregnant. With Vaughn’s baby. Sydney couldn’t even utter a word then. Jack had tried to help Lauren up but Lauren pushed him away. Still on her knees, she inched forward to Sydney and grabbed her legs, crying. She had said then that unless Sydney promised her to leave Vaughn, she would stay on her knees. Feeling her heart being ripped apart, Sydney nodded in agreement and tried to help Lauren up. She promised never to see Vaughn again. That was it. Sydney turned her back and left the hospital, in tears.

With her right hand, Sydney wiped the sweat off on her forehead and face. The clock on her night table showed 3am. A sudden thought struck her as she leapt off her bed and began to get dressed.

½ an hour later, at the hospital

“Mrs. Vaughn?” A main’s voice behind Sydney startled her. She turned around and faced the doctor who operated on Vaughn the day before. “Didn’t the doctor on shift this afternoon tell you? Mr. Vaughn has been transferred from the ICU to a normal room. He has pulled through the critical period. However, he is still heavily sedated due to the course of stronger antibiotics given to him. I believe he hasn’t woken up yet. I just came on shift and went through his progress chart.” The doctor explained.

No wonder the bed in the ICU was empty. Sydney thought to herself. “Oh I wasn’t here in the afternoon. And which room has he been transferred to?” She asked, playing along to the title of Mrs. Michael Vaughn. Just for tonight. She told herself, this will be the last time.

“It’s one level down, Mrs. Vaughn, in Room 470B.”

“Thank you doctor.” Sydney smiled and blushed slightly, feeling a little ashamed of her little lie. The mention of Mrs. Michael Vaughn sent tingles up her spine as she kicked herself mentally, telling herself that Lauren was the real Mrs. Michael Vaughn. Not her. Not ever.

Sydney approached Room 470B apprehensively, and turned the door handle open softly. The door creaked open a little as she checked to see if Lauren was in the room. Vaughn was lying on the bed with a myriad of tubes all over him. Lauren was not there. Sydney heaved a sigh of relief and walked into the room. She sat beside Vaughn at his bedside and looked all over him. How her heart ached for him then to see him in that vulnerable state. Tears began to flow down her cheeks in a steady stream as she laid her heavy head softly on his chest, searching for his heartbeat. She felt his left hand tenderly with hers and held on to it gently. In a quivering voice, she began to whisper in between sobs.

“Vaughn…I cannot look you in the eye and tell you I don’t love you. I can never ever do that. I love you more than I thought I would ever love anybody. But look what has fate done to us. Maybe we’re just not meant to be, Vaughn. Sometimes I wish I had never found out the truth about SD-6, so that I’d never have the chance to know you, and love you. Because this pain is the hardest for me to bear, Vaughn…do you know? Can you feel my pain?” Sydney lifted her head up and saw Vaughn still with his eyes closed, motionless. She brushed the stray hairs on his forehead to one side with her thumb and traced her middle finger down his nose softly. Still sobbing, she held his left hand up and placed in on her chest, on her heart.

“I just wanna tell you Vaughn, no matter what, right here, it will always be your home. And how much I love you so. Don’t ever forget that….” Her voice trailed off as she glanced at Vaughn longingly one last time. Sydney then placed his left hand back on his bed and leaned forward, planting a kiss on his colorless lips. She stood herself up and forced herself to the door, with all her will power, to leave. What she didn’t see was the tear lingering on the edge of Vaughn’s eye falling down his cheek as she closed that door behind her.

Chapter 9

PM List 6th Feb
Cai
freaky
ashqua
sab-alias
vaughnshoney
ASIOagent
phoebs
blue_bird
LaurenRachael
syd26