Albert can dance!

Spacekat Tommy

Spacekat
When the hoverbus dropped him off after school, he ran as fast as he could to the front door and nearly ran into it before the auto-open feature had opened it entirely.

"You didnt activate him yet?!", his son says upon his arrival in the living room.

"Well i figured you'd want to see it happen since you were so direct before i left... If i can recall correctly it sounded something like *mimicks high voice* DONT YOU DARE TURN IT ON WITHOUT ME!!"

"Hmm.. number 8730. Even number..."

He looked at his 8 year old son and smiled.

"That's good luck right? An even number"

His son shrugs and laughs a bit.

"Can i turn him on, dad?"

He secretly wanted to do it himself, you know.. the simple thrills of life are awesome sometimes... but he let his son do it anyway.

He presses the button on the bot's back. A pleasant bing is heard. A whirring of motors and gears.

"Woo! It works!" his son says.

"Number 8730 reporting for duty."

The doctor noticed that the robot was different than the bots that he had in the past.

"Wow it seems so fluid. It moves like a human. The only thing missing is some skin... Maybe we should get him painted."

"Neon green!" his son jokingly says.

"Sorry, thats not gonna happen."

It was just an ordinary overly priced deluxe housebot. The doctor himself was actually swindled to pay 200 credits more by the clerk for the "extras package" and "extended warranty". These things never break anymore, but he had that little voice, that squeaky 16 year old voice suggesting "these things can shut down at any time mister"... and he fell for it like a fool..

Funny, he was 16 years old and knew exactly what to say to practically rob a man of his bank account. The doctor fell for it, paid the extra.. (for barely ANYTHING extra..) but he still left the store feeling totally satisfied, with 8730 in a box, practically begging to be activated on the ride home.

His son gave him a playful punch in the arm and they looked back at the mass of metal and wires, that glistened in the LED lights.

"Please designate my home location.", and they got to work programming its home base and other operations. It was tedious, but worthwhile. Within 2 days they had noticed how clean their apartment was.

"Dad, have you seen my backpack?"

"Where is it supposed to be?"

"On the hook on my door..."

"Did you go look there?"

"Well... no.."

"Go look there maybe?"

"Oh, found it!"

The bot was very thorough. Things were always in their place now. It was kind of nice.

But they felt it was cold.. There was no life to it at all.. it just did its tasks, barely even recognizing their presence when it walked through the room. When they activated the feature to greet them, it did it far too often and it became annoying. So they turned it off.

The doctor's son was having problems with math at some point, and his father was dedicated to his holo-film so he asked the bot to assist him. He got through his math in record time and learned the lesson quickly.

This is when they named him Albert. After Albert Einstein.

A few days later they were playing some music and the robot passed through the living room with a load of laundry.

"Albert, get over here."

They were dancing and generally having a good time. His son was laughing and screaming "c'mon dad! shake your bootay!!"

"What are the master's commands?", Albert said.

"Do you do anything other that just be a fantastic housewife?? Dance with us!"

Albert looked around the room while processing the concept, and said.

"I have no reason to dance sir, it is not in my programming, and ineffiecient to my daily responsibilities."

The doctor and his son laughed.

"C'mon Albert! Lets get down! This is our favorite song. Any time you hear it, you will dance with us."

He told him to mimick his moves and Albert complied.

All Albert said was, "Confirmed. Programming updated."

For the next few days, the doctor would turn on the music, his son would join, and Albert when he passed through the room would stop his duties and dance with them.

As he danced around the room in a very clunky manner, the doctor's son exclaimed,

"Hey dad! Albert can dance!!"

On the night of the incident Albert was making dinner for the family. Finely chopping vegetables, making a lovely steak dinner that the doctor had requested. Everything was going according to plan until the music was turned on.

Albert began to bounce while slicing his carrots...

The doctor entered the room and said, "Hey Al, could you make sure to......"

And Albert, at this particular moment in time, did the doctor's favorite dance move.

It was most unfortunate for the doctor, and totally took the doctor by surprise.

Albert was still holding the knife in his hands when he executed the doctor's famous move..

It very cleanly, very quickly, cut directly through the doctors throat at a 45 degree angle.

"A master needs medical assistance!" was the last thing the doctor ever heard.

Last edited:
Back