Alias: Animated (from the S3 DVD set)

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
What did you guys think? This is actually the first thing I watched and it wasn't nearly as good as I thought it was gonna be.

IMO, they should have worked way harder to make this really good, if not as good as the show. Otherwise, what's the reason to do it?

Well, I just watched it once, and whatever, it's a 7-minute cartoon - take it for what it's worth!

I don't even think they ever mentioned Julia's name (Julia Thorne, remember it's not really Syd since the story takes place during Syd's missing 2 years).

What did you guys think?

Uh yeah :blink: It was kind of a waste.. They could have done sooo much with an animated version of Syd/ALIAS. This little 7 minute cartoon had no real plot.. only about 2 lines of dialogue from Jennifer (that I recall).. and it added nothing to the story. I don't know, but it was a let down -_-

I kind of like it, it was good that Jennifer Garner did the voice of herself in Alias, it could have been longer and it could have spent more time on Julia Thorn (Sydney Bristow).

They might do more animated Alias features with longer times.

Yeah I really wanted a longer episode, something more akin to 30 imnutes where we could really explore some things that happened in the last 2 years.

I think they just wanted to try that cartoon thing out. It wasn't bad but it could of had a lot more content.

Now regarding the story, the key or something that she needed to find was similar to the keys when she was trying to find the cube. Remember Syd and Lazeray found a bunch of keys that helped to get the cube out of the mountain. I bet you that was one of the missions to get one of the keys. So basically when they say its a missing chapter of a story, it was showing us one little bit about how she obtained the keys...

I overanalyze this stuff way too much. :smiley:

rjalias said:
I think they just wanted to try that cartoon thing out. It wasn't bad but it could of had a lot more content.

Now regarding the story, the key or something that she needed to find was similar to the keys when she was trying to find the cube. Remember Syd and Lazeray found a bunch of keys that helped to get the cube out of the mountain. I bet you that was one of the missions to get one of the keys. So basically when they say its a missing chapter of a story, it was showing us one little bit about how she obtained the keys...

I overanalyze this stuff way too much. :smiley:
[post="993539"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wow, I totally didn't put those two together. Good thinking. But even still, it should've been longer..

i just got around to watching it...and i thought it was really really...well...weeeelll....boring...

it supposedly was to be about her missing two years, but it was really just a mission, only it was animated and not real...whoopee...

and i didn't get the key thing, until i thought about it and came up w/ the same thing that rjalias thought up...sooooooooo...how special was that exactly??? i'm not so over-enthused about it...but it still WAS a kinda cool thing...i guesssssssss....

^_^

it sucked!
it was a waste of space,something much better could have been on in place of that!
First time ever that I was dissapointed in the ALIAS dvds!

I think it wasn't anything special. The animated character didn't look like Jen! I think the whole ton was pointless.

Yeah there is a lot of potential with the animated idea, potential that was not explored. I would be all for an animated Alias series They could do some really kick ass stuff that you can't do in person.

Back