Alias Blends 2

does the fact that i can tell which episode that pic is from (3.14 "Blowback", Sark on the phone to Lauren?) make me a complete sociopath?

anyway, great mysterious piece, salad. sorry i can't say more, the z's are catching up with me, but i really love it; very elegant! :asleep:

ooh. shivvvverrrs! :smiley: I love that piece, DB. mmmmmm. Sark. :D Evil and hot, all at once. (yes, even just his silhouette ;))

Is it sad that I knew that too the moment I decided I wanted that pose?

"Search Query: 0.0417 sec"

LOL It's good to know I'm not alone, Salad.

my first entry in the official challenge.

march1.jpg

Geeez, Xinyi. :jawdrop: You took my breath away with that one. -_-
Yea bloody hell xinyi!! That's Sark right? From Dark Turn I think right?
OHMYGOSH :thud:
^thanks leslie and cynthia. it was my first ever sarkney piece. don't remember which eppy it was though.

my march challenge piece.

title: Under The Gun.
brushes: ancinet-secrets. soar above the sky. leo. hybrid genesis.
lyrics: the killers - under the gun (my fav Killers song)
font: agency. times new roman.

underthegun3gm.jpg

Yep, A Dark Turn.

And I love this new piece too! Your style is just so clean and fresh, but grungy at the same time. The best thing about this particular one for me are the arrows in the top left and the "stain" across Syd's face/body (as well as the shaprness on that pic). Just a great composition. Awesome cropping, too, especially for the Counteragent pic.

thanks Leslie, i so don't know my Sark facts.

originally i was gonna go all black and white with a popart feel, but i loved the colours so much and decided to introduce some comic book feel about it. and if you've heard the song before, you'd understand the interpretation of the piece as well, which is what i like most about it...that's usually how i make pieces from scratch - to interpret lyrics i've chosen for the piece. :smiley: thanks for your comments.

that is a cool technique, xinyi, I mean the creating a piece from lyrics thing.

my second entry in the march challenge. credits there.

march24wr.jpg

Xinyi! That's amazing! Love the brush/spatter on Sydney's face in the greenish pic, and the text with the diagonals behind it. Amazing :woot:

This was a quick ten/fifteen minute blend that I got inspired to make while psoting at the LO forums and realizing that I still had nothing pretty and March 22 is almost here :blink: Not that this is pretty, but I love the colors.

Jillian, I like how you blended all the pictures of Lena and the colors work, but I think it should be darkened more and that the color is a little too accentuated. Still, cool piece!

ethan: thanks. if not a given theme, lyrics are my best inspiration for making art - so listening to music helps. like how you blurred the syd picture from right to left. good job on the brush erasing. (y) easy technique to learn.

jillian: thanks. i like the colours you used for the LO piece. definitely a cool piece especially for something that only took 10/15 minutes. when you got the inspiration, anything is possible.

Ethan - I really like that piece. I think you should do the "lyrics into art" thing more often. ;)

Besides the fact that I already love that song, I love the lighting and the use of pix and what you did with the text, xinyi--brilliant!

thanks for your comments, Joella and Ethan. much appreciated...wasn't really sure what to think of it. it was a 10minute piece which the main focus was the text. but the idea came about by the lyrics linking my mind to that picture of Syd on Jack's shoulders.

Ethan...
i used arial font...never fails me. different opacities, different sizes, different letter spacing, different heights, bold vs non-bold, there's so many possibilities...(normal fonts can look professional/classy as well)

Xinyi Oh wow, that's just beautiful. Like, really beautiful. Not grungy beautiful or funky or original. Just Beautiful. And the color. Makes the piece all the deeper, the text is perfect in every aspect. Placement, color, sentiment. It's just beautiful :smiley:

thanks jillian. it's a simple uplifting song, so goes well with the piece...and for those who've heard the song (which is most), then the piece brings out so much more meaning.

new pieces titled: Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely and Let Me Go.
brushes: ancient-secret.soarabovethesky.linzeestyle.
textures: amalgam. tre.
text: BSB - show me the meaning of being lonely. 3 doors down - let me go.

showmethemeaningofbeinglonely0.jpg

letmego4eq.jpg

Back