Alias casting news

Alias News

Official News Poster
From zap2it:

'Inside' Star Gets New 'Alias'
(Thursday, July 28 11:02 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Rachel Nichols is moving from investigating serial killers for the FBI to performing covert operations for the CIA.

Nichols, who currently stars in the FOX series "The Inside," is joining ABC's "Alias" for the coming season. She'll play a character named Rachel Gibson, a technical analyst who works for a black-ops division of the CIA.

Her casting should help take some of the workload off series star Jennifer Garner, who's pregnant. Garner's pregnancy -- she's expecting her first child with new husband Ben Affleck -- will likely be written into the show, but it also will likely mean a reduction in stunt work and tight costumes for her.

ABC Entertainment chief Stephen McPherson told TV critics earlier this week that Garner's Sydney Bristow would be mentoring a new, younger agent this season that would offer "sex appeal, if you will, in different places." Nichols seems to fit that bill.

Nichols plays FBI Agent Rebecca Locke on "The Inside," which likely won't be back after scoring only meager ratings this summer. She's also appeared in the remake of "The Amityville Horror" (with former "Alias" regular Melissa George) and "Dumb and Dumberer" and guest-starred on "Line of Fire."</span>

I was just looking at some pics of her, she kinda looks a tad bit like melissa george (lauren) she has blue eyes and blonde hair - i hope there is NO romance between her and Vaughn :angry:

So she's the one who'll be mentored by Syd. The whole new sex appeal thing is ok for this year, but once Jen has her baby I hope Rachel goes away. Too much competion for Syd. But that's just me. And then again I haven't seen her yet and I could like her...

But wait, why would there be romance between her and Vaughn? I thought I read a post that said abc confirmed Vaugn would be the father. He loves Syd anyway.

Hmm, I don't know how I feel about this. I made a post in a another thread. I don't want her taking away attention from Syd, it's her show (that's finale :angry: ). There defentily won't be anything going on between this Rachel girl and Vaughn and if there is that's just a deaths sentence for the show, but that seems to be all the rage for this season :thinking: .

~Andrea :angelic:

:wtf: They named her Rachel Gibson!??! :laughbounce: Oh those idiots... Brains, people! Go pick some up, plskthx.

My brother and I always joke that MICHAEL Vartan had trouble remembering what his character was called - hence MICHAEL Vaughn. Seems like this newbie has the same problem.

Or maybe the writers just have trouble coming up with names. A common problem among scriptwriters :lol:

This show is going downhill rather quickly :(

I've watched a couple of episodes of "The Inside", and Rachel seems fine.

The problem is, since she's done that show, we already know her in a similar role for the same type of series.

Why not bring in someone different?

Casual Alias viewers might even confuse her for Lauren, since both Nichols and Melissa George are relatively of the same size and age (MG is 28, Rachel 25.

(Interestingly though, both MG and Rachel are listed on IMDB as being 5'8", which I believe is a load of felgercarb. I think both of them are more like 5'5" or even 5'4").

Well anyway, there's a lot of skinny blonde girls everywhere - this won't really make up for not having Jen running around in quite a few episodes.

Plus, we already know her! Why not add a fresh face instead? Very, very lame...

[quote name='Vaughn's Baby Girl' date='Jul 28 2005, 06:13 PM']I was just looking at some pics of her, she kinda looks a tad bit like melissa george (lauren) she has blue eyes and blonde hair - i hope there is NO romance between her and Vaughn  :angry:
[post="1433082"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

Interesting. You know what they're gonna do with this.

Since she kinda looks like Lauren, they'll make Vaughn remember that but maybe he'll like her anyway (he's a dude and she looks nice, after all), but then at the end, Vaughn will go back to Sydney and they'll finish an episode with Sydney and Vaughn dancing at a train station in corny season-4-like fashion. :puke:

And then I'll puke, come in here and rant about how this show is nothing like it used to be.

I was thinking a lot of the same things.

But I don't think they'll have Vaughn liking her or anything. I think she's too young for him.

We don't get her other show here, but when I heard what it was about I thought it was a strange casting choice.

And, strangely enough, I don't think she's all that pretty. So it might be a bit more realistic to have someone who (I think at least) isn't conventionally pretty. Maybe we'll be able to focus on the character more! :lol: After all, I'm sure not all REAL agents are gorgeous. :lol:

I am so pysched that Rachel Nichols is gonna be on this show! Trust me guys, you will not be disappointed. She is by far one of the most talented actresses of her time. I joined here because of her being on this show. Now don't get me wrong, I've always loved this show, it's just I never knew about this place. If you never saw the Inside, you missed out on some of the best television in years. Although it will be getting cancelled, you can still catch it if you want to, Wednesdays at 9 on Fox, although I don't know what the chances are it will be on this week, seeing as that dancing felgercarb has started and fox keeps replaying it over and over again. I guess you could say that she does look a little like Melissa George, but most people have compared her to Jodie Foster. And she is so gorgeous! Shame on those of you who say she's not! If she weren't pretty, would she have had such a successful modelling career? I don't think so. All I ask is that you give this girl a chance. She will blow you away with her acting abilities. And if you can't see it, I can't fix that, but you'll be missing out on a lot. I can't wait for season five of Alias!

Kristina

Back