Alias casting spoiler, ep 100

Alias News

Official News Poster
If you want to know:

(from Sci Fi Wire)

Cooper Talks His Alias Return

Bradley Cooper, who played Will Tippin on ABC's spy series Alias during the show's first two seasons, told SCI FI Wire that he's looking forward to returning to the series, which is set to come to an end this spring after five years on the air. Cooper will reprise his role as Tippin, Sydney Bristow's (Jennifer Garner) journalist friend and would-be paramour, who had entered the witness protection program in order to ensure his safety after he got too close to solving the mystery behind the murder of Sydney's fiance, Danny. "I'm actually going back [today] to shoot the 100th episode, which will be cool," Cooper said in an interview while promoting his latest film, the upcoming romantic comedy Failure to Launch. "[It's been on hiatus] for two months, but [Garner] is back [from maternity leave]. They went back last week."

Cooper, who has previously returned to Alias as a guest star since leaving as a regular, added: "I'm just excited to be a part of the end of it. I just got the script. It's a very exciting episode for Will and Sydney. They do a lot of crazy stuff together."

Cooper said that he's sorry to see the show call it a day, but he's also excited by the notion that any number of questions posed during its run will finally be answered. "You know, is she the Chosen One?" Cooper wondered. "You watch the show? So is she the Chosen One? I'd like to know that. Is that her picture on page 47 [of the Rambaldi manuscript]? Who the f--k is Rambaldi? Is Sloane [Ron Rifkin] really bad? I think, maybe, ... I think someone needs to kill him. And can people really die and stay dead on the show?"

Cooper was taken by suprise when asked if he really thinks the end of the show will mean the end of Alias, as rumors abound that creator J.J. Abrams may eventually resurrect the saga as either a feature film or a series of made-for-television movies. "Oh, ... well, that's interesting," Cooper said. "You know what? That's possible, but no question about it, it is done as a serial show on television, yeah." Alias returns sometime in the spring, but ABC has not officially put it back on the schedule yet. —Ian Spelling

Back