Season 3 Alias Competition this Sunday Night

Alias_Gay

Ensign
The Elizabeth Smart Story
09:00 PM ET -CBS-

It was bound to happen. A story this amazing and provocative just had to be made into a tear-jerker TV movie. Revealing new information previously unknown to the American public, the film chronicles the abduction of the Utah teenager -- and her amazing return months later to her distraught family. The story begins as a drifter known as Emmanuel (Tom Everett) works odd jobs around the Smart home. Little did the family know that what he truly had in mind. Dylan Baker ("Road to Perdition"), Lindsay Frost ("The Ring") and Amber Marshall star.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saving Jessica Lynch
09:00 PM ET -NBC-

Countering CBS' Elizabeth Smart movie, NBC has a biopic based on the story of Pfc. Jessica Lynch's ordeal during Operation Iraqi Freedom. In case you were living under a rock at the time (which was probably a smart place to stay), here are the basics -- opposition forces ambushed the convoy Lynch (played by Laura Regan) was traveling in, and the now-wounded young woman was taken into Iraqi custody. An Iraqi lawyer named Mohammed Odeh Al-Rehaief (Nicholas Guilak) happened to be visiting his wife in the same hospital where Lynch was being held. Risking his life, Al-Rehaief decided to alert American forces to Lynch's whereabouts. What followed was a dramatic rescue fit for the movies

What do you guys think???

If I was going to watch one of those it would be The Elizabeth Smart Story, I don't really have any real reasons but that's what I would watch. Although I won't be watching any of them because nothing comes before Alias!

i have no interest in watching either one of those even if alias wasnt on... i feel like a lot of people will watch nbc though

Isn't it a mark of a good show when two other channels are putting their big tear-jerkers on at the same time as it? Of course, like anyone could say that Alias wasn't a good show. (Yeah-right) That means the other channels must see Alias as big-time competition, or else they would put the show at another time.

think of it too as a big decision of ABC ... they decide to put a new eppy of Alias instead of showing an old eppy or not show it at all ... (y) (y)

gah :o_O: okay alias *needs* ratings more than NBC or CBS do... they've got their thursday night line up which is enough! sunday is ALIAS! :thud:

I'd love to see both of those! But...argh...alias is on! I can't miss Alias! So I'll probably tape the Elizabeth Smart one on 1 tv and alias on another

I live for new Alias episodes on Sundays at 8PM EST. I cease to exist for 60 minutes, and nothing comes between my telly and Alias during that hour....

:cool:

Manuel

I am very happy that they were phenomenally fortunate and that Elizabeth survived. As far as the movie goes, I hear it is truly boring and badly made. However, having practically lived through the events myself--and after the months of being pounded over the head with it like Chinese water torture with the endless media attention which the parents seemed to crave--I would be very happy never to hear about the case or the family again . . . and I'm sure that Ms Elizabeth Smart would be just as pleased if I didn't, either. Just MHO. Somehow I don't see huge ratings . . . but perhaps I'm wrong.
-_-

if i watched one it would be the jessica lynch story. i have sattellite and it's on right now actually so it will be over in time for alias, but i've been in front of the tv too much today. so i'm skipping it and of course waiting for alias.

well im glad that abc showed another.. my firend watched te beginning of alias for the first time ever and got toally grossed out.. and the compettion was igherthan usual but i think that it shoudl be ine

That was crazy! I knew I was definitely watching Alias though! In my opinion, I think anybody who watched those movies, is sick. One, I am tired of hearing about those stories, and two, how would you like it if you were kidnapped or somthing and then they made a movie about it?

truthtakestime47 said:
That was crazy! I knew I was definitely watching Alias though! In my opinion, I think anybody who watched those movies, is sick. One, I am tired of hearing about those stories, and two, how would you like it if you were kidnapped or somthing and then they made a movie about it?
I second that!

AliasHoustonShipper said:
I live for new Alias episodes on Sundays at 8PM EST. I cease to exist for 60 minutes, and nothing comes between my telly and Alias during that hour....

:cool:

Manuel
Yeah me too,
Nothing comes before alias, can you believe we have to wait for 2 weeks :angry:

Back