alias EMMY article

sdmix

Cadet
i just read this article through etonline.com. and... well, check it out for yourself. here's the clip that mentioned alias/jg

---
In the matching Lead Actress category, the nominees are EDIE FALCO for "The Sopranos," JENNIFER GARNER for "Alias," ALLISON JANNEY for "The West Wing" and first-timers AMBER TAMBLYN for "Joan of Arcadia" and MARISKA HARGITAY for "Law & Order: SVU."

"We have a real serious showdown between Edie Falco, who has won three of the four past races, and has another strong submission this year but not as strong as in past years," Tom explains. "The big oddity in the race for Lead Actress is the Academy refuses to recognize action stars as serious thespians. Jennifer Garner actually gives the best performance of the five in this lineup, but if we assume that Emmy voters will continue to be reluctant to honor them, then Edie Falco will win."
---

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/mini/emmys2004/2004...view_tomoneill/

---

and there's the link to the entire article. i can't believe it's emmy time again. the craziness if jg doesn't win.... AGAIN.

Falco has a mantle full of Emmys. :yawn: What a waste to give one to her! (What is it with Emmy and repeat winners?)

I say Garner, and if they really must give it someone else, Tamblyn.

very true ... if they don't want to give it to Jennifer because of a dull season, then pls. give it to Amber ... (y)

I don't want Falco to win again ... :yawn:

yeah, it's really annoyin to watch it year after year and watch the same people take home the same awards.

I hope she wins. :D At least hope that edie won't win again, I haven nothing against her or the sopranos but enough is enough, right?

~Crimson Snow, Iceland

I'm not an avid Sopranos fan, but have caught the odd episode. I have never thought Falco's perfromance was really all that special. I mean, she was good, but she wasn't THAT good. I have seen better performances from actresses who have never even been nominated.

scope said:
if jen doesnt win maybe we should send them message on bags like supportalias did to abc.
[post="1000616"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

We could try. But if it were ever the case that we ended up affecting the emmy's with some scribbles on paper bags, I think the Emmy's would lose what little credibility it has left.

Xin Li

This writer's comment about this particular Emmy makes me want to smack her ...

LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Nominees:
Allison Janney as C.J. Cregg, "The West Wing," NBC;
Amber Tamblyn as Joan Girardi, "Joan of Arcadia," CBS;
Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow, "Alias," ABC;
Edie Falco as Carmela Soprano, "The Sopranos," HBO;
Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson, "Law & Order: SVU," NBC.

Snubbed! Molly Parker as Alma Garrett, the most outstanding and understated role on "Deadwood," HBO.

Should win: We're genuinely happy Tamblyn and Hargitay made it into the mix. But Falco worked it something fierce this year.

Probable win: Jennifer Garner, because we really need a reason to throw our bowl of nachos at the television

We would be happy for her and not throw the bowl of nachos ...

For the full story, visit this page ... Click Here

Alias_Gay said:
This writer's comment about this particular Emmy makes me want to smack her ...

LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Nominees:
Allison Janney as C.J. Cregg, "The West Wing," NBC;
Amber Tamblyn as Joan Girardi, "Joan of Arcadia," CBS;
Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow, "Alias," ABC;
Edie Falco as Carmela Soprano, "The Sopranos," HBO;
Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson, "Law & Order: SVU," NBC.

Snubbed! Molly Parker as Alma Garrett, the most outstanding and understated role on "Deadwood," HBO.

Should win: We're genuinely happy Tamblyn and Hargitay made it into the mix. But Falco worked it something fierce this year.

Probable win: Jennifer Garner, because we really need a reason to throw our bowl of nachos at the television

We would be happy for her and not throw the bowl of nachos ...

For the full story, visit this page ... Click Here
[post="1002031"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
thats a really crappy story.

Exactly ... I wonder what they will say now ... after Janney's win ... her show was so boring this season ... and less people have been watching since previous years ... (n)

opne min their saying she deserves it then the next she doesnt? i dont get it....

i was really ready for jennifer to make a "hit and run" with edies F's emmy if she won again :lol:

But if it were ever the case that we ended up affecting the emmy's with some scribbles on paper bags, I think the Emmy's would lose what little credibility it has left.
The Emmys still have credibility? :lol:

I think it was better that Allison Janney won than Falco for The Sopranos. And the fact that somebody could be nominated for Law and Order is a complete and utter joke. The job description for actors for that show reads something like, "Must be able to stand there and deliver exposition like you are talking to four-year-olds."

and less people have been watching since previous years ...
Less people have been watching Alias too. A lot less. And with good reason. The show really slipped last season, and while the actors were still good, they didn't exactly have much variety. All Jen had to do was make her scrunched-up crying face! :smiley: