Alias in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen the 2nd issue...and I ordered the 1st issue from Sydney. The best place to buy imported magazines in BRISBANE is at Borders in the city. They have the largest range and I have picked up quite a few there that I can't find elsewhere.

pacemakr said:
What is wrong with these region 4 distributors. Why don't they release it at the same time as R1. Because I can say my S1 R4 DVDs are way better than the North American ones. Picture quality wise. The S2 R1 DVds are just ugly. I didn't expect to notice a difference but it's huge. Visible horizontal lines...yuck. And the colour is a bit off as well. bloody oath. :angry:

Now I can't enjoy it as much because I keep looking at the lines.
Like that flash of Rambaldi symbol during the opening credits. Once you see it, you can't not notice it anymore.
really? b/c i have the s2 r1 discs as well and they seem fine to me, maybe it's your player, but who knows.

i got my alias mag at robina town centre on the gold coast. i havent seen no2 yet it probaly hasnt come out. does anyone know when season 2 dvds are coming out and when season 3 is starting again? thanks :D

PsychicAgent said:
Lol, I'm not here for a day and I had to scroll through the posts lol! I love how there are sooo many Alias Aussie supporters!!!

Welcome wendle and yes, you are now Freak #21!!! Congratulations and thank you for joining!!!

O/T - I went to the Christina Aguilera concert last night here in Brisbane and it was fantastic!!! Anyone else been to one of her shows here in Oz?

BTW, wendle, please join the Alias Freaks of Australia group at Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos if you are able to. Thank you very much!

And also, AFoA members - I will try to get a newsletter out this week, in time for X-mas!

Kelly
Hey Kelly, sorry about my extreme slowness due to the lack of physical, intellectual, or any extertion of any type...I think I'm enjoying my holidays a bit too much, ah I need a job...yup, I'll like to join the Alias Freaks of Australia as well! Its nice to discuss everything Alias with fellow aussies, especially since we are a season behind.

Jumping halfway in a convo...about the Alias mag, its readily available in many newsagents in Sydney but the price is sitting at almost $10 for those living in nsw.

agentbj, I don't know when season 2 dvds are coming out but season 3 should be starting early next year. Channel 7 has moved it to a 9:30pm timeslot after All Saints.

I got both season 1 and season 2 on DVD from dvdsoon.com there currency rate is awesome and i like the packaging better than the R4 disks, i never order anything in R4, it winds up costing twice as much as it does to order them from Canada. I got finding nemo for $26 brand new a month ago!!

Both sets of Alias cost me $61 each, they are almost $100 here!!

I think season 2 is being released here around March of next year.

One thing that i just LOVE about the Alias disks is that they put in the bloopers!! Not many shows do that, i love how they can laugh at themselves.

Frogboy_Lives said:
really? b/c i have the s2 r1 discs as well and they seem fine to me, maybe it's your player, but who knows.
Hmm..i'm not sure. I thought it might be my player or TV but everything seems fine. If I hadn't seen the quality of R4 S1 , then I wouldn't have noticed. But the black looks a bit grainy at times too. I never got that with S1.

I got mine from dvdsoon as well wendle. How long was your delivery? You're right, it's a lot cheaper ordering from them than getting them here but I wouldn't mind paying the extra 10 bucks for better picture quality.

For the people who have R1 S2, the beginning of the bloopers...do you see like about a second of loss of colour in like 1/3 of the screen??

I think Kings Comics(on Elizabeth St. or at Fox Studios) in Sydney might have the Alias mag. They sell all the sci-fi type paraphenalia. I haven't been there in a few years so I'm not sure if they still exist but thats where I used to get X-files mags so it would be the first place I'd go to if I was looking for Alias mags.

Hey Kelly, sorry about my extreme slowness due to the lack of physical, intellectual, or any extertion of any type...I think I'm enjoying my holidays a bit too much, ah I need a job...yup, I'll like to join the Alias Freaks of Australia as well! Its nice to discuss everything Alias with fellow aussies, especially since we are a season behind.

Jumping halfway in a convo...about the Alias mag, its readily available in many newsagents in Sydney but the price is sitting at almost $10 for those living in nsw.

agentbj, I don't know when season 2 dvds are coming out but season 3 should be starting early next year. Channel 7 has moved it to a 9:30pm timeslot after All Saints. [/quote]
Sure Jess!!! Congrats! You are now Alias Freak of Australia #22!!! Thanks so much joining and if you could, could you please join the group over at Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos? Thanks!!!

BTW, Freaks, I have added a hyperlink to my sig at the group, so when I send out the newsletters, all you have to do is click on it and it will take you to the site!

Am I allowed to put the address in my sig here? Or is that against the rules?

Kelly

:cry: I wanna mag!!!! I need to know where to get it in WA though! :sigh: My mum probably wont let me send away for it :cuss: Oh well......

*FuNnYcHiCkEn*
:soccer2:

I live in a VERY small town of less than 2000 people so there is no way we are going to get the ALIAS mag here where i live, but i went in yesterday and asked the newsagent guy if he can order it for me. I have to go back in today to find out what he can do. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

I get everything from DVDsoon, it usually takes between 4 - 10 days for me to get stuff. I have never had anything go over that amount of time.

I don't have any trouble with the bloopers, and i find the transfer great, what DVD player brand do you have?? I have a Sony and nothing is a problem for it, but i find with my parents el cheapo Voxson they have lines and stuff with R1 disks.

I finally got the 1st issue of the Alias mag, and I think that's okay to put the link in your sig, I mean, look at the links in mine ;) and I got my S1 dvds here for about $80 FWIW.

arggggggggg, i went in to the newsagency today and the guy still can't tell me if he can get it. Does anyone know where i can get it by mail order??

He told me to come back in a week, but i don't wanna, i want it now :-(

Hmm, maybe I will message Charlie to ask him. I think it should be ok, I mean, we are based here at allalias.com as well as the group site.

Also, thanks to a link at alias-media.com, Conan O'Brien did a "If They Mated" thing with Jen and Mike. ITM is a game that Conan does with photos of two people and computer generate what someone would look like, if they mated. We used to be able to attach piccies to posts, but for all Freaks - I have uploaded the pic in the Misc. folder in the photo section (click on the hyperlink below my name(Kelly). All piccie rights are Conan's.

Kelly
Alias Freaks of Australia

I saw the pics of JG/MV in Conan O'Brien's 'If they mated'. Its really weird...the pics of other celebrities are hilarious but the JG/MV pic is...uhh, disturbing at best...but nonetheless, its still funny :lol:

wendle said:
I don't have any trouble with the bloopers, and i find the transfer great, what DVD player brand do you have?? I have a Sony and nothing is a problem for it, but i find with my parents el cheapo Voxson they have lines and stuff with R1 disks.
I have a Sony as well. The lines aren't visible if you're not looking out for it. It just looks like if you're sitting close to the TV you the pixels. Kinda like when you're sitting in the front row at the cinema you see those dots and it's not very clear.

I suppose I could sit further away.... bah!

Hmm, I think I will wait till the region four dvd's come out - whenever that'll be! I'm assuming they will release during the showing of season three. Unless they wait till the finale of season three - but that would be just tooo cruel!

Kelly

That sucks Wendy, hopefully you can get it soon. Those are some funny ITM pics, and i hope we get the dvds soon.

I came across something about the S2 R2 DVD's having a release date of around June/July 2004. So I'm assuming R4 will be around that time as well. That's just too long to wait. For me anyway...seeing as I haven't seen half the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back