Alias in Slovakia and the Czech Republic

Hi! I am from Slovakia (former Czechoslovakia). Here at home, our TV has aired only the first two seasons, but I am downloading the rest (bit torrents) so I'm up to date with season 5. I don't think new Alias is ever gonna be on TV here. Too bad for the Slovak fans.

Sydney and co. often visit Prague (capital city of the Czech Republic), but they were never in Slovakia. That would be really cool and funny, because it would be some stock footage and a street in L.A. that is supposed to be my homeland!

But Slovakia appeared once in season 4 (see attachment)

[attachment=22224:attachment]

It's from 4x07 Detente, one of the bad guys owned a football team called the Slavk Devils. I can assure you, there is no such football team here...

In "The Shed" (5x03), Syd spekas Czech, which was really funny to me. She had an awful accent. But hey, it's not an easy language, so I don't blame her.

If anyone understands this sentence...

Alias je najlepsi serial na svete!

...then you know what I'm talking about!

Alias je najlepsi serial na svete!
I understand :P Maybe becouse i'm from neighbourhood. Poland. I have to do the same thin you do- They stoped air Alias in the middle of second season. Even befor Phase One
(n)

WAITWAITWAIT....I really do know it. I didn't even ask my husband.

the najlepsie I figured out because of the way you say Happy Birthday. And svete.....almost tricked me....I was at first thinking HOLY.....which I think is sveta...maybe. Anyway....I got the context though and figured it out. :D How exciting for me.

Back