Alias needs a sense of normality for Season 4

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
I'm not saying these types of scenes are completely off the show, but especially in Season 1, there were so many scenes where you could tell Sydney just wanted to live a normal life.

Now with Francie and Will gone, there's no more of this. In fact, lately it's been even worse. And I'm not saying the show is bad because of that (I'm actually one of the biggest Season 3 supporters you'll find around here and I loooooooooooooooooooooooove Melissa George), but it just seems like it's all about the CIA, Covenant, Rambaldi, Sloane, and nothing else.

It was nice to see Sydney doing normal things, like that Thanksgiving dinner on 1x07 Color Blind. And her visiting Emily and them talking at Emily's garden. And Syd with Francie. And those 2 with Will playing football on the PS2. And such...

JJ... you have to do something to bring some of this sense of normality back to the show.

AGREE!!! AGREE!! AGREE!! AGREE!!

That's what was so great about the first two seasons - Sydney struggling to live a normal life while trapped in SD-6 and the CIA. We really need that sense of her co-ordinating her "normal life" with her work life. This year all we saw was work, no Francie or Will, no secret meetings with Vaughn, no fun - we never even saw her new house (one little clip - that's all!)

Please writers, bring back the wonderfullness of Alias

note: I still did love the thrid season, just not as much as the first two.

yah thats part of what i really miss about alias. those hilarious little scenes with francie and will...

i agree...now its all like dramatic...and i feel that Alias is really going downhill. For instance, Alias only get about 5 million viewers per epi, and also, they dont have the best storylines...like...the green goo! Jeesh!! I liked it better when it was kinda like Friends, you know?

I agree without a doubt! I am sure lots of people arent as fond of this season because they don't feel like they can relate to her that much..before with will and francie you got to see her home life and this different aspect of her which made her so much more loveable..I love season three as well, but I really hope these type of scenes are brought back in season 4!!!!!!!

luv4dogs said:
AGREE!!! AGREE!! AGREE!! AGREE!!
mm hmm! i miss the days where francie, her and will would just hang out (well, that is impossible now...) - she doesn't have any aspect of a "normal life" right now...it'd be nice if there were some kind of normality included in season 4 that kinda balanced her out...

:eek: you looooooooooooooooooove Melissa George?? :eek:

well, Melissa should know about it because I don't think she will EVER ear something like that again..

and you're very brave to say it here, so contratulations!

I agree for a lot of reasons. Those types of scenes are really necessary for the show.

1. They anchor it so that it doesn't spin off into a completely ridiculous world of spying and prophecy 24/7.

2. They let us "hang out" with Sydney, so to speak, which makes us feel that we really know the character. I don't really feel like we know Sydney anymore. We're like her co-workers, we only see her on the job. We don't have much insight into her personal life or even her thoughts and feelings.

3. They slow down the pace of the show so that everything doesn't feel so rushed and out of control. Don't get me wrong, I love the adrenaline rush that Alias brings, but I don't want a full hour of it.

4. They keep the show from taking itself too seriously, because we get to see a lighter side of the characters. Right now Marshall is the sole comic relief on the show, and it's too much for just one character to handle.

5. They would bring the show back to its roots, which it seems to have gotten too far away from. I like a show that continually evolves, but not so much that it's not recognizable. Imagine if you showed someone a first season episode and they liked it, and then you showed them one of the last few epiosodes. Other than the same actors, would they even believe it's the same show?

Those are the reasons that stand out the most for me. I'm sure there are others, but bottom line is, I AGREE! Bring back the normalcy! (If Sydney and Vaughn get back together, that'll probably be where the normalcy comes in - the lovebird scenes. I'd like to see Sydney hanging out with Nadia and/or Jack sometimes too, though.)

First of all, i totally agree with you guys. Alias is all about the CIA now and what they do. Nothing is normal about the show anymore. I mean, i still LOVE alias to death but it makes the show more, sorta, imaginary. Cause there is nothing real in her life.

Second of all, I would really like to see the producers hire more actors to play people that will be her friend next season. Like, she meets some other people to hang out with, like the old days. That would be cool.

Now I think about it I totally agree with everyone - they need character's like Francie and Will.

Can't say that I see any of the current stars doing anything like that - that'll be mundane to them after all of the events that have gone down so far.

Azalea said:
I agree for a lot of reasons. Those types of scenes are really necessary for the show.

1. They anchor it so that it doesn't spin off into a completely ridiculous world of spying and prophecy 24/7.

2. They let us "hang out" with Sydney, so to speak, which makes us feel that we really know the character. I don't really feel like we know Sydney anymore. We're like her co-workers, we only see her on the job. We don't have much insight into her personal life or even her thoughts and feelings.

3. They slow down the pace of the show so that everything doesn't feel so rushed and out of control. Don't get me wrong, I love the adrenaline rush that Alias brings, but I don't want a full hour of it.

4. They keep the show from taking itself too seriously, because we get to see a lighter side of the characters. Right now Marshall is the sole comic relief on the show, and it's too much for just one character to handle.

5. They would bring the show back to its roots, which it seems to have gotten too far away from. I like a show that continually evolves, but not so much that it's not recognizable. Imagine if you showed someone a first season episode and they liked it, and then you showed them one of the last few epiosodes. Other than the same actors, would they even believe it's the same show?

Those are the reasons that stand out the most for me. I'm sure there are others, but bottom line is, I AGREE! Bring back the normalcy! (If Sydney and Vaughn get back together, that'll probably be where the normalcy comes in - the lovebird scenes. I'd like to see Sydney hanging out with Nadia and/or Jack sometimes too, though.)
yep...good points..i dont think i've liked Season 3 as much as Season 2...because it got all dramatic...i mean, for me, since I'm young, all this prophecy, and Rambaldi stuff is just too much for me to handle. Hopefully, in Season 4 they will get rid of some storylines and just make Alias happy, like with characters like Francie and Will

Azalea~ I totally agree with what you said! I really feel the need is there for more personal realtionships for the cast members. I was hopeful at the beginning of the season (remember the Alice in Wonderland book that Weiss bought Syd) that there would be some alternate friendships since Francie and Will were gone, but that never happened.

Ivan~ thanks for posting this, I agree with you (with the exception of the Melissa George thing, YUCK!) :D

ivand67 said:
I'm not saying these types of scenes are completely off the show, but especially in Season 1, there were so many scenes where you could tell Sydney just wanted to live a normal life.

Now with Francie and Will gone, there's no more of this. In fact, lately it's been even worse. And I'm not saying the show is bad because of that (I'm actually one of the biggest Season 3 supporters you'll find around here and I loooooooooooooooooooooooove Melissa George), but it just seems like it's all about the CIA, Covenant, Rambaldi, Sloane, and nothing else.

It was nice to see Sydney doing normal things, like that Thanksgiving dinner on 1x07 Color Blind. And her visiting Emily and them talking at Emily's garden. And Syd with Francie. And those 2 with Will playing football on the PS2. And such...

JJ... you have to do something to bring some of this sense of normality back to the show.
I CAN'T AGREE MORE!!!
And lets not forgat about all the Sydney & Vaughn sweet moments.

I loved season 3 but i hope that in season 4 JJ bring to syd a new friends and ofcours Vaughn!!!

I have three wishes for season 4:

1. Bring back Irina, or resolve the situation with her caracter and put an end to all the references and instant messages to her in the show. If we cant have her back, then stop refering to her in every other scene.

2. Bring back Will. It doesnt matter in what context or what role, just bring him back.

3. I want Syd and Vaughn back together again.

Azalea said:
The first part of the season had more than its share of slow parts--make that draggy parts--but that was more because of a sense of depression over what Sydney had lost than any "sense of normalcy." Now it feels like the season is in overdrive trying to make up for all the drag of the first half, and frequently I feel like I'm missing out on half the fun because everything's moving so fast!!!

But, I do have to agree, giving Sydney an outside friend would lend the show an opportunity for contrast that it no longer has.
;) ✌️

ya i remeber thanksgiving dinner when jack showed up to say sorry then didnt come in cause hes a bastage !

that would be nice some normality for season 4 AGREED

i think we all pretty much agree about this. and what's worse is that all the new characters they keep bringing are involved in the Rambaldi storyline or the spy world. i mean, really, we need a breather here.

Back