Alias needs a sense of normality for Season 4

sparks305 said:
ya i remeber thanksgiving dinner when jack showed up to say sorry then didnt come in cause hes a bastage !
Obviously, you don't understand the character of Jack at all (but, hey, he's a complex man). Jack was not a bastard for not joining the Thanksgiving dinner. It was clear that there was nothing that he would rather have done. However, he held himself back, knowing that his presence would have caused extreme awkwardness for everyone involved and drained the ease and joy right out of the occasion. Should Sydney invite him to Thanksgiving dinner today, I'm quite certain that given their changed relationship his answer would be very different.

However, you're more than welcome to your opinion.
;) ✌️

jenaliaslover said:
I was hopeful at the beginning of the season (remember the Alice in Wonderland book that Weiss bought Syd) that there would be some alternate friendships since Francie and Will were gone, but that never happened.
I agree. I was hoping that Weiss and Syd would get to be good friends, and spend some time together outside work, like Syd did with Will, but it never happened. And Syd never got any new outside-of-work friends either. She moved into a new house. Couldn't she at least meet one of her neighbors?

Joyie said:
The lack of Sydney's life out of the CIA is what sucks most about season 3. :hmm:
Exactly! There is no Will. No Francie. No Syd and Vaughn relationship. Nothing outside of work. All they do is work. :thinking: I personally hate working! :P

i agree with this too. (y)

and i think the key word here is (as VH beat me to saying ^_^ ) CONTRAST.

it's like anything to apreciate ione extreme you must have the other - in season one and two we saw Syd spying but we also had her normal life with Francie and Will and it made us love Syd cos we could identify with her. It also meant we saw her escape from her work and chill out. Season 3 has been all too focused ion Syds depression - maybe when we look back at it after a couple more seasons it will just fit in to a long storyline - but its been almos painful to watch (for syd i mean). And definitely too much CIA stuff and not enough home time for our fave spy girl. -_-

mayube next season she will form a relationship with her sister?? or maybe her and vaughn will get it on again?? i hope there is some kind of normalcy for syd next year. :smiley:

and i miss will so much!!! :nonono:

I agree COMPLETELY!!!!! With everything said...although I think there is a reason for the lack of 'normal life' moments....

I mean the two people who were in her life like that were Francie..who is dead. And Will...who is gone. So her friends and 'normal life' are basically gone. So Sydney just focuses on her work. And we had those few occasional moments..like the one with Weiss at her house early in the season...And the one where her father and her went to dinner.

But, I agree, we need more!!!

There's been some discussion of a writer coming over from Buffy and Angel this season. With any luck the dialogue, even in a work situation, will stop being so stilted and might even contain humor.

I was watching "The Getaway" (written by Jeff Pinkner), the episode from season 2 where Syd and Vaughn date for the first time. Even aside from the date, if you watch the entire episode you realize that the dialogue is realistic and the characters are acting something like people instead of some kind of video game soap opera.

Jeff Pinkner also wrote "The Indicator" where Vaughn discovers Jack set up Irina to take the fall for a mission gone bad and Sydney discovers she was "trained" to be a spy as a child by Jack.

Lots of dialogue... powerful episodes. The right writer makes all the difference.

I totally agree with you guys, I wish there were more scenes like these, but I remember reading somewhere that in the earlier seasons the writers were saying how hard it was to encorporate that and have an actual plot around it. Merrin Dungey was getting a little frustrated too, before she turned into a double, that all she was doing was really just baking cookies and asking Syd and Will to eat them. I guess they just gave up on trying to show Sydney's more normal side.

agent47 said:
I have three wishes for season 4:

1. Bring back Irina, or resolve the situation with her caracter and put an end to all the references and instant messages to her in the show. If we cant have her back, then stop refering to her in every other scene.

2. Bring back Will. It doesnt matter in what context or what role, just bring him back.

3. I want Syd and Vaughn back together again.
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cecília said:
:eek: you looooooooooooooooooove Melissa George?? :eek:

well, Melissa should know about it because I don't think she will EVER ear something like that again..

and you're very brave to say it here, so contratulations!
What a warped view you have on her. I can understand why you'd see Lauren that way - but Melissa George? It's a shame. She's a good actress. I like her accent. She's beautiful. I can understand why shippers hate Lauren and why they want Melissa off the show, but she's done a great job this season as an actress. The only episode I really didn't like her in was Crossings, and that might have been the director's fault.

But what else do you want? Sydney and Vaughn to have their wedding in the Rotunda? You have to understand that the main characters are not always gonna get what they want. They're gonna have tough times. They're gonna make mistakes. So when good things do happen, it's that much better.

Oh, and if I wanted to prove it to you, I'd show you how hundreds of other people like her as well. Not Lauren, but Melissa.. More than a few people have praised her this year, with good reason. She's a great sport and she'll do whatever JJ tells her to do for the show.

And no, I don't think I'm brave to say that here? What's gonna happen to me? The shippers are gonna hate me? So be it!

And even though I disagree with some of the shippers' opinions, I still like everyone in here because we share this great interest in the show! ;)

Melissa George is awesome!

aliasjgfanaticmv said:
...but I remember reading somewhere that in the earlier seasons the writers were saying how hard it was to encorporate that and have an actual plot around it.  Merrin Dungey was getting a little frustrated too, before she turned into a double, that all she was doing was really just baking cookies and asking Syd and Will to eat them.
That's a good point. It can be hard for the writers to incorporate these type of things on the show.

And today I watched that scene between Syd and Weiss, when they were drinking in Syd's new apartment. I think it was episode 3x03 Reunion. That was definitely a "normal life" type of scene.

ivand67 said:
I can understand why shippers hate her and why they want Melissa off the show.
Non shippers hate Lauren too. I have nothing personally against Melissa - but I really hate the character she plays for many non-shipper reasons.

And today I watched that scene between Syd and Weiss, when they were drinking in Syd's new apartment. I think it was episode 3x03 Reunion. That was definitely a "normal life" type of scene.
Yes. And it was either the only one - or one of a very few in the season.

I would love to see some form of normalcy. I really would. I understand it can be hard to write - but I feel somewhat depressed when I watch and all Sydney does is work hard. Even spies need some down time with their friends ^_^

And a message to all the shippers:

If you were a guy, you probably wouldn't hate Melissa so much because she's definitely sexy to an extent. She's not as hot as Jen, no, but she's hot.

And remember, this stuff isn't real. Sydney Bristow, as much as she exists in our hearts, is not real. Nor Vaughn. Or any of the characters on the show.

Their real names are Jennifer Garner, Michael Vartan, Victor Gar..., etc. ;)

Vaughn did have a couple of hockey scenes this year right?

Oh, and when he was out running with Weiss?

You see, there are at least a few normal scenes!

amy lynn said:
ivand67 said:
Non shippers hate Lauren too. I have nothing personally against Melissa - but I really hate the character she plays for many non-shipper reasons.
Yeah. I hate her too - I don't like the bad guys for the most part, and she's bad. I didn't like her even when she wasn't bad - but characters like Lauren sometimes are necessary to shake things up, make things difficult, controversial, etc.

So I'm not gonna go like that lady to collect signatures to get an actor/actress off the show.

People really hate Lauren? Good! That can be good for the show...

Melissa is a great actress ... I just hate the character she is playing ... well, for the first part ... in these last episodes she has been great ... even though it still contradicts the most part of the character at the beginning of the season ... ;)

ivand67 said:
amy lynn said:
ivand67 said:
Yeah. I hate her too - I don't like the bad guys for the most part, and she's bad. I didn't like her even when she wasn't bad - but characters like Lauren sometimes are necessary to shake things up, make things difficult, controversial, etc.

So I'm not gonna go like that lady to collect signatures to get an actor/actress off the show.

People really hate Lauren? Good! That can be good for the show...
Yup, I hate Lauren for non-shipper reasons.

Sure, characters like Lauren are needed to shake things up... but it'd be better if they were more well-written and believeable.

Thank you! Lauren is not very well written~ I think. It seems she was sort of dropped in the middle of the plot and they didn't really know what to do with her. Plus I do not hate her just because she is with Vaughn. I think she is a poor actor, I think her accent is ridiculous (and I love accents of all kinds), and the eyebrows! Please~ someone call in a waxer! I am enjoying Nadia though!

Back