Alias' Other Woman Talks

Azhria Lilu

Captain
From SciFi.com

SPOILER WARNING!

Australian actress Melissa George—who takes on the new role of Vaughn's (Michael Vartan) mysterious wife in ABC's Alias—told TV Guide Online that she'll first appear in the second episode of the upcoming third season. "She will be working in the intelligence community, [but] I'm not saying which part," George told the site. "I'm not going to make her unlovable."

George was hired to play Lauren Reed, a Brit who married Vaughn sometime during Sydney's (Jennifer Garner) two-year absence. "Every woman can relate to being married to somebody [with] another woman [in the picture], and that's basically what is going to be going on," George said. "And she's a very ambitious, very strong, very intelligent woman. She's not going to let too much go past her. And she's very protective of her man, as every woman would be. But at the same time, she really looks up to Jennifer's character. She knows about her. She's read about her. So there's that whole thing going on as well. I think she's going to be fighting a lot of emotions."

As originally conceived, Reed was supposed to be a recurring character. But after George read for the part with Vartan, series creator J.J. Abrams turned it into a regular role, George said. "J.J. Abrams called me directly and asked me if I'd like to be on the show permanently ... long-term," she said. "And I'm like, 'Are you kidding me?' It was a very beautiful moment. I was so happy. It's the best show." Alias returns to its regular Sunday 9 p.m. ET/PT timeslot on Sept. 28.

ugh. i dont' need reminder again that she's going to be permanent :superangry:
--Mandy :angelic:

A regular??? NO POSSIBLE WAY!!! Well that should put the tension that went away when Syd and Vaughn got together right back into the show. Anybody ever heard the phrase "You could cut the tension in the room with a knife"?? :lol: We'll just have to see what happens!! ;)

You know, it should be "illegal" to put spoilers on the front page like that. How can I help but read them??

AND OMG I'm fixing to have a BIG protest!! Who's with me???? :angry:

Okay, I'm really going to have to trust JJ on this. He wouldn't really ruin it would he? Okay, now we know his marriage IS NOT a cover. Unless JJ has come up with some crazy whacked up plan. Aah, okay, someone remind me to breathe here?? :eek:

DoNtFrOsTtHePiE 47 said:
why J.J.? WHY must you do this to us???
Maybe because it was the right thing to do? Why not watch a few episodes before deciding what how things should play out? Mr Abrams has done an outstanding job so far or we wouldn't all be here to argue this. Give the man a chance and give the character a chance, please. Remember that we haven't seen a single frame of the character.

I understand that you all identify so strongly with Sydney that you're inclined to despise this character sight unseen, but step into her shoes for a minute and walk a few steps. She never knew Sydney. She did know Vaughn. I think all of you would want to comfort Vaughn--and tell me you all would say no to a date with him--truthfully, now! C'mon, I can see you all in her shoes pretty easily, even if you can't!

Besides, the series could use a little more estrogen, especially after losing Francie and Irina as regular cast!
;)

Lena Olin isn't going to be a regular cast member this year, she lives in New York while Alias is filmed in L.A. (family being important to her) and plus she said she had some movies that she'd like to have a go at.

She never knew Sydney. She did know Vaughn. I think all of you would want to comfort Vaughn--and tell me you all would say no to a date with him--truthfully, now!

actually according to some spoilers... uhh i dont' know if the spoiler tag is working or not but..... (minor spoiler in the next line)
she have heard of her, she may have never knew her but Sydney is still supposidly a legend around the CIA and she have heard of him the only thingis did Vaughn tell HER about him and Syd.

and the problem is why did Vaughn ask her on a date in the first place anyways?! let along get married!

--Mandy :angelic:

::sobs:: noooooo!!!....no more sv...sniff...but then again,...i really lked the tension and alll the angst that they had before phase one...and...hmm...maybe there will be another phase one like ep..

I have a bad feeling about this. I think Melissa might be in the spotlight more than Sydney now. Because Syd's all alone and the camera isnt going to be on her if shes doing nothin.

lol it sucks but maybe it'll make the show somehow more spiced up :blink:

i don't know... i should trust JJ because he created Alias but having a wife is just.... :madfire:

I don't like this George business, we all know who Vaughn should be with! But i do understand what JJ is doing-i think it's called plot development. One thing Alias is famous for are the twists and turns-it's a whole other roller coaster.

Melissa can never steal Jen's spotlight, it's all hers. And if Melissa gets anywhere near it, we know that there will be some xtra butt kicking to come! :starwars:

You know what they say:
"keep your lovers close, but your enemies closer!"

I still hate melissa no matter what she says.... AND REMEMBER that her and vaughn don't have the same last names!!!! Reed, vaughn, reed, vaughn, DIFFERENT!!!! soooo they might not be married..... or they are but just for a few eps!

:thinking: Ya, I don't kow how I feel about this George woman but all I can say is that we should wait and see how it turns out, because in the end we may be very happy that JJ took this course of action! ;)
But who knows it may just be a totally wrong turn and we all end up hating her! ^_^

wow i dont really like the fact that she is "permanent"..oh well on the positive side it will add more twists and plots to the show and there's going to be a lot of emotion between syd and this new person..i dunno i just hope that she doesnt completely take over the spotlight since shes new and all :thinking:

Back