Alias' Other Woman Talks

:cool: aliasjunkie4ever, I'm w/ u! the nerve of that thing just coming to the show and taking over as his WIFE?!?!?!?!?!? No way, absolutely not, NEVER!!! there's gotta be a motive to y he married her, kinda like y irina married jack. i mean no abso-freakin way. :eek: :( :asleep: :redhair: :angelic:

ISpy10 said:
I think Melissa might be in the spotlight more than Sydney now.
Boy is your radar ever off. I'm trying to avoid spoilers and all, but last I heard, Jennifer Garner is the star. This isn't an ensemble show, this is star + ensemble.
:lol:

mystery_chick said:
and the problem is why did Vaughn ask her on a date in the first place anyways?! let along get married!
Because he didn't want to be a depressed drunk who never went out and lived in his office? :lol:

It's one thing to hate the character, but why are many of you hating the actress? She didn't steal your shoes! ^_^

AliasALIAS said:
It's one thing to hate the character, but why are many of you hating the actress? She didn't steal your shoes! ^_^
No kidding. Some folks are taking their obsessions a little far.
^_^

Even if she was not Vaugh's wife, I still won't want her to be part of the regular cast. There are so many characters on the show already. I just don't want Ms. George to take away screen time from everyone. A guest or recurring role, yes. Another regular? I don't like it.

newfan said:
A guest or recurring role, yes. Another regular? I don't like it.
Well, I wasn't absolutely thrilled to see another cast member, but we really need another female character. (I'd personally have rather seen Weiss stay remain a recurring character--try not to yell too loudly at me.) Look at it this way. We just lost 3 regulars and gained 2 if we count Ms George. Net loss of 1. And we're scheduled to lose another at the end of season 3 (Weiss). So actually, there should still be a small gain of screen time for all the regulars over last season. (Plus, I understand that they were also looking for a female CIA agent, but it looks like they took this as a 2-for-1).
;)

ISpy10 said:
I have a bad feeling about this. I think Melissa might be in the spotlight more than Sydney now. Because Syd's all alone and the camera isnt going to be on her if shes doing nothin.
Ok now we need to stop. Come on people she won't ever take Sydney from the spotlight. You need to remember that the show was never about her and Vaughn. It's about her and her family, and their lives as spies, nothing more. Her relationship with Vaughn was great, but not the center of the show. If you go back and watch some of the first eppys of the frist season, you'll see that there wasn't much Vaughn in them, let alone scenes with them together, at least in a non-professional way. So the show can go on without them being an item.

I still hate melissa no matter what she says...

Why would you hate her? It's one think to hate the character "Lauren Reeds", than to hate the actress. It's not her fault, she was just put in the middle of everything. If you must hate someone, let that someone be JJ, after all this was all his idea, the poor actress just landed the role. It could've been Melissa or anyone else.

LDaphen said:
a regular....a regular....i can't talk about it
I know........ I'm sooo sad right now. All I can say is that somehow Syd and Vaughn had better get back together in the third season..... If not I'll boycott ! Nah - who am I kidding - I can't !!!! :P

Kaiserin said:
ISpy10 said:
I have a bad feeling about this. I think Melissa might be in the spotlight more than Sydney now. Because Syd's all alone and the camera isnt going to be on her if shes doing nothin.
Ok now we need to stop. Come on people she won't ever take Sydney from the spotlight. You need to remember that the show was never about her and Vaughn. It's about her and her family, and their lives as spies, nothing more. Her relationship with Vaughn was great, but not the center of the show. If you go back and watch some of the first eppys of the frist season, you'll see that there wasn't much Vaughn in them, let alone scenes with them together, at least in a non-professional way. So the show can go on without them being an item.

I still hate melissa no matter what she says...

Why would you hate her? It's one think to hate the character "Lauren Reeds", than to hate the actress. It's not her fault, she was just put in the middle of everything. If you must hate someone, let that someone be JJ, after all this was all his idea, the poor actress just landed the role. It could've been Melissa or anyone else.

Syd and Vaughn Shippers need to remind themselves that Alias is NOT a "Chick's show"! It is an action adventure show that happens to have a female lead.

The male audience, though smaller than the female audience, are not interested in the "Syd & Vaughn" forever idea that is being championed by mostly young female fans.

Melissa George is cute. Hiring her was a clever way of allowing Sydney to date other people and avoid making the show have a stale relationship! Bravo JJ! :cool:

Sydney has no gal pal anymore, so I bet that Melissa will fill that role. Then Syd can feel guilty for having an unrequited love for Vaughn. That would fulfill the show's need for emotion. Brilliant JJ! (y)

Syd may end up being Melissa's mentor and they'll be able to go on some adventures together.

As for those who wonder why Vaughn could marry someone in two years, they should remember that he didn't know Syd very long either.

I've already posted a theory that gives hope to you S&V shippers. I wondered how the CIA could allow a couple whether married or dating to work together. Many dangerous occupations won't allow couple to work together because concern for each other interferes with the job performance. That was a plothole that I'm sure JJ Abrams was aware of.

Syd and Vaughn would have been assigned to different office/departments once the higher ups found out. JJ would have had to do that in order to maintain a semblance of reality. Melissa's character now has that same relationship problem.

So I came up with an explanation about how she being a CIA agent would be able to date and then marry Vaughn. The CIA still questioned Vaughn's loyalty, so they assigned Lauren to watch over him after Sydney disappeared. Vaughn will eventually find out and get an annulment!

That would solve how Vaughn gets rid Mrs. Vaughn without violence and without a messy divorce. :cool:

:emoticonmachine:

The male audience, though smaller than the female audience, are not interested in the "Syd & Vaughn" forever idea that is being championed by mostly young female fans.
thanks you. i could care less about the vaughn and syd thing

AliasALIAS said:
mystery_chick said:
and the problem is why did Vaughn ask her on a date in the first place anyways?! let along get married!
Because he didn't want to be a depressed drunk who never went out and lived in his office? :lol:
:lol: oh right, because he didn't do that before he met Syd. :rolleyes: j/k.

No, no, Melissa George will definitly not take up Syd's screen time. that at least i trust JJ in. and uhh this is completely irrelvent and totally :eek:fftopic: but i keep looking at Melissa George's initials MG and it's just so frustratingly familiar. and then last night i was like. Ohhh it's one letter from each MV and JG. :lol: okay that's all i wanted to share :lol:
--mandy :angelic:

Hey guys remember, she may have a 6 year contract with Alias, but it doesn't have to be with vaughn

PS Melissa took my shoes the other day, she still hasn't given them back, i really liked them as well

Roz said:
PS Melissa took my shoes the other day, she still hasn't given them back, i really liked them as well
Riiiiiiiiight . . . :lol: I wonder if it's the same pair she gave me . . .

Meanwhile, I see a lot of frustration and anger diverted toward this poor new character away from the person who is the actor in all of this--Vaughn. He's the one who proposed, isn't he? You don't want to be angry with perfect, beloved Vaughn, so this new character must be evil somehow, just as poor strung-along Alice was somehow evil and deserved to die. I mean, it was Vaughn who was stringing along both Sydney and Alice and not committing to either one because he didn't want the messy relationship with the woman that he really loved (Sydney) or settle for the other "normal" woman (Alice). Face it, aren't a lot of you really angry that Vaughn just didn't wait the way you want him to? (Hey after death--and betrayal!--Jack waited over 20 years . . .) That's not the fault of this new character--unless of course it was the brainwashing ( :D ).
-_-

I hate to tell you this, but Vaughn (as written) isn't Mr Perfect. He's human--thank God. That's why I hope to heaven that this new character is good, capable, and likable. That would make things much more interesting and illustrate to those who remain blissfully unaware that Vaughn does have human weaknesses after all.
;)

OH *raise hand* I agree! Vaughn's not on my A-list of likable ppl right now. but i mean... just look at him... you can't really stay mad at him for long ;) :lol: j/k Vaughn's bad. but like AA said
he didn't want to be a depressed drunk who never went out and lived in his office
Lauren Reed is more than likely will be capable... but likeable... probably not ;)

he didn't want to be a depressed drunk who never went out and lived in his office
Like someone else we know? Hm?

mystery_chick said:
but likeable... probably not ;)
Well, not to people dead-set against liking her!
:lol:

:lol: but you didnt' see Jack off running to marry the next woman he sees! I think it's better than be a drunk :lol: j/k not saying that Vaughn did run off the marry the next woman he saw but still ;)

:lol: the character was created on an unlikable basis, the actress however could be different. ;) (though there's not much to start off with seeing that she did pose for playboy but I'll be optimistic for once )

--Mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
she did pose for playboy but I'll be optimistic for once )
She wouldn't be the first actress (even good actress; I don't know how good she is, but Mr Abrams has been excellent at choosing cast so far!) to make a questionable decision.
;)

umm. i suppose, though the questionable decision does make me loose interest.... ;)

Personally I think that there is still hope for a Sydney/Vaughn relationship. After all, Melissa George is only going to be on the show "long term" therefore, not forever. Plus, things change.

Also, J.J. really cares about the fans reaction to his characters. For example during Season one he actually visited some boards to see why people were reacting so negatively to Will's character. Therefore, if everybody hates her that much, maybe she will mysteriously die or something. There is always hope for that...

Back