Hey, my US Alias Rambaldi Cube boxset arrived today check it out:

DSCN1236.jpg

DSCN1237.jpg

DSCN1238.jpg

DSCN1239.jpg

DSCN1240.jpg

DSCN1241.jpg

DSCN1242.jpg

The cases are fine, but difficult to picture, i had to hold them open when taking the pictures, the cases are booked and the sleeved. THe disk sit in nicly, but sometimes fall out, But i think thats due to transportation from the states!!!

Hey NIKON99,

I actually have a couple of questions about the set if you don't mind.

Firstly I was wondering; were the discs in good working order?
Like, do they play perfectly (no skips or jumps etc.)?

Were the discs scratched when you received them? Or were they fine? - no visible damage

Because I was reading on AMAZON (forums people had started about the RAMBALDI BOX SET) and there were MANY complaints about the discs being so damaged that they would miss parts of an episode or sometimes even the whole thing.

I live in Australia - and I am a HUGE fan of ALIAS. And I mean HUGE - and I am dying to get the R1 edition of the COMPLETE SERIES SET from AMAZON.com, but that means I have to get them shipped over here. And I really don't want to have to go through the ordeal that some have or are going through - returning them, getting replacements, calling Buena Vista Home Entertainment etc.

Which leads me to my last question; did you have to get yours shipped from America or do you already live there?

Thankyou for ANY help that you can give me!
And I hope you can post some more pictures soon...I would love to see the Season 5 discs etc.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Bree

To be honest I haven't played any of the disks yet. I already own all the boxsets, so i'm trying to keep the cube in mint collectors shape, but I will test soon, plus I will be watching the bonus DVD as soon as i'm finished watching season 5.

I actually live in the UK and paid close to $70 to get this item shipped in two days.

I'll keep you posted and take some pics of my season five boxset soon, but from what I've seen the UK and US season 5 boxset is different, US ed case as p*ssed a few people off. I have the UK edition.

Hey NIKON99,

I actually have a couple of questions about the set if you don't mind.

Firstly I was wondering; were the discs in good working order?
Like, do they play perfectly (no skips or jumps etc.)?

Were the discs scratched when you received them? Or were they fine? - no visible damage

Because I was reading on AMAZON (forums people had started about the RAMBALDI BOX SET) and there were MANY complaints about the discs being so damaged that they would miss parts of an episode or sometimes even the whole thing.

I live in Australia - and I am a HUGE fan of ALIAS. And I mean HUGE - and I am dying to get the R1 edition of the COMPLETE SERIES SET from AMAZON.com, but that means I have to get them shipped over here. And I really don't want to have to go through the ordeal that some have or are going through - returning them, getting replacements, calling Buena Vista Home Entertainment etc.

Which leads me to my last question; did you have to get yours shipped from America or do you already live there?

Thankyou for ANY help that you can give me!
And I hope you can post some more pictures soon...I would love to see the Season 5 discs etc.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Bree

I've recently recieved my box from Amazon. (I too live in England and got it shipped from America.)

I've been watching Season 5 and on of the episodes I watched freezed right at the start. It worked fine when I tried it again. Nothing like that has happened since though.

I received my boxset today. I too ordered it off Amazon.com. It's amazing!

The boxset is bloody beautiful!! It's by far the best boxset I've ever bought! I love how it folds out and has the secret compartment with the Endgame DVD!

I think it's awesome.. I love it to bits hehe.

M.

YOU GUYS ARE JUST AWESOME!

Thankyou so much for replying -- it really means a lot! :D

Hey, I LOVE ALIAS 4 EVER! I actually posted a picture of the U.S. season 5 dvd discs on photobucket a while ago...here's the link: U.S. Season 5 DVD discs

Hope that helps!

JGfan86 -

They look amazing! I really can't wait to get the COMPLETE set -- but thankyou for posting that pic. I just hope that the SEASON 5 boxset that they release over here in Australia is not a fold out one -- otherwise it ruins my set :(

---------------------------​

I've recently recieved my box from Amazon. (I too live in England and got it shipped from America.)

I've been watching Season 5 and on of the episodes I watched freezed right at the start. It worked fine when I tried it again. Nothing like that has happened since though.

Marshy47 -

That's FANTASTIC! I'm really glad that the set works awesomely for you -- it makes me feel A HEAP better also - even if people did post that the condition of the discs were bad, I was going to order it anyway! Thankyou for that again!

To be honest I haven't played any of the disks yet. I already own all the boxsets, so i'm trying to keep the cube in mint collectors shape, but I will test soon, plus I will be watching the bonus DVD as soon as i'm finished watching season 5.

I actually live in the UK and paid close to $70 to get this item shipped in two days.

I'll keep you posted and take some pics of my season five boxset soon, but from what I've seen the UK and US season 5 boxset is different, US ed case as p*ssed a few people off. I have the UK edition.

Nikon99 -

Thankyou for replying so quickly (ALL OF YOU) NIKON99 -- I too have all the season (1 - 4) boxsets.

I am DEFINATLEY going to get the COMPLETE series boxset (for the book and the disc), but I am also going to buy Season 5 separatley -- just so I have the complete set in the actual boxsets - sorta obsessed as well lol! So, I'll have 2 sets.

Anyway please do post pics of the UK release -- what is the difference between the US & UK release? Is it because the US version 'folds out' and the UK version has 3 different DVD cases (holding discs) in a box? (Like the Aussie release)???

Hope that wasn't too confusing! Alright...thanks again for the help guys -- I really do appreiciate it!

Love Bree
P.S -- POST SOON!

YOU GUYS ARE JUST AWESOME!

Thankyou so much for replying -- it really means a lot! :D

JGfan86 -

They look amazing! I really can't wait to get the COMPLETE set -- but thankyou for posting that pic. I just hope that the SEASON 5 boxset that they release over here in Australia is not a fold out one -- otherwise it ruins my set :(

Marshy47 -

That's FANTASTIC! I'm really glad that the set works awesomely for you -- it makes me feel A HEAP better also - even if people did post that the condition of the discs were bad, I was going to order it anyway! Thankyou for that again!

Nikon99 -

Thankyou for replying so quickly (ALL OF YOU) NIKON99 -- I too have all the season (1 - 4) boxsets.

I am DEFINATLEY going to get the COMPLETE series boxset (for the book and the disc), but I am also going to buy Season 5 separatley -- just so I have the complete set in the actual boxsets - sorta obsessed as well lol! So, I'll have 2 sets.

Anyway please do post pics of the UK release -- what is the difference between the US & UK release? Is it because the US version 'folds out' and the UK version has 3 different DVD cases (holding discs) in a box? (Like the Aussie release)???

Hope that wasn't too confusing! Alright...thanks again for the help guys -- I really do appreiciate it!

Love Bree
P.S -- POST SOON!

I'd wish that i would have the money to purchase the series set. Few days ago i bought the season 5 DVD from amazon.co.uk. There's a link to ebay what shows the outer side of the reg 2 release (http://cgi.ebay.com/ALIAS-COMPLETE-SEASON-...bayphotohosting)
As you can see there are 3 different DVD cases.

Hey thanks for the photos! I live in Australia and I've ordered my US edition off amazon.com but I was reading there about how so many came in scratched and damaged. I'm really hoping that when it arrives on Dec 19th(soo far away dammit!lol) it will come in good condition cos i really dont wanna go through the trouble of sending it back.

OMG and i just read that theyre not showing alias in Australia until next year's silly season! thats another whole year away! it shouldnt bother me since im gonna get the dvds but its still got me pretty annoyed.

Marylin20 --

Man...I'm really glad that someone else from Australia has ordered the REGION 1 set! I live in Melbourne, and I'm ordering the set of Friday -- so hopefully it will arrive JUST before/after christmas!

RE: ALIAS SEASON 5 returning to our screens

Channel 7 is going to be airing the 5th & Final (*starts balling* - I HAVE ALREADY SEEN IT & can I say - ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING) Season sometime in January/ Feburary (I think). They believe that it will be a good show for the 'THURSDAY - 10.30PM' timeslot.

Actually just as I am writing this, an advertisment for LOST Season 3 just played -- So I'm assuming that LOST will air also on Thursdays but at 8.30PM.

I don't know if you really wanted to know all that -- but since I'm a HUGE, HUGE, HUUUUUUGE fan of ALIAS (and all J.J. works), I thought I'd let you know.

Have a GREAT night, and PLEASE let me know how you get on with your DVD's!
Love Bree

This might sound daft, but frack it; On the lid of the boxset, it say; 'The complete collection Limited Edition of 40,000.'

Now, in the middle of that is a circle saying ALIAS and 47 behind it.

Here comes the daft part:

Am I lucky enough to have the 47th one made or do they all say 47?

Hi Marshy!

It's not a daft question at all hehe.. I only noticed the 'limited edition of 40,000' today hehe. I didn't notice the number behind 'Alias' though lol. But mine says '47' too so I guess it juse refers to the fact that the number 47 has played a large role in Alias!

M.

Back